Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Delerium Runeword questions

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Knarlfist, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Knarlfist

Knarlfist Diabloii.Net Member

Delerium Runeword questions

I have yet to ever make one of these, and so I have a couple questions that might be common knowledge for those who have got to play around with one before.

If I use one on my ES sorc (which obviously relies on ES for avoiding a grisly death), will the ES ball stay above me if I Morph?

When in Bone Fetish form, do I gain the defense similiar to that mob, or do I keep my own defense (and chance to block)?

The issues of def, whether I can block, and if ES falls or not, will help me decide if I want to make one in a generic helm to test with, or use it in a BO barb helm to make a Singer. Thanks in advance.

2. Obdob

Obdob Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Delerium Runeword questions

honestly, even though it has the +2 skills mod, I've found it much more affective on a merc. especially if you need help with crowd control, like some paladins do. the 11% confuse is just so incredible, but you have to hit them, not get struck. i'd rather grab a shako for either of those builds you mentioned.

3. Knarlfist

Knarlfist Diabloii.Net Member

well, let me clarify.

I really only meant in regards to one build, the ES max block sorc. It's true +2 skills from Shako is very nice, but the %PDR isn't as hot for an ES build... and I thought the chance upon being struck from Delerium might make me even more untouchable in those 8 player Hell Baal run games. But of course it would all be for naught if ES doesn't carry over to Bone Fetish form.

When I mentioned using it for a Barb helm, I meant specifically using it to turn a +3 BO 3os helm into +5 BO for prebuffing. I doubt I would actually use the Singer as a playable char, much more likely just fire him up on my 2nd acct and use 'fast user switching' to BO my Sorc so I don't have to waste the runes making CtA.

If anyone knows for sure how Delerium operates in the conditions I mentioned, I am still intensely curious about it ;-)

4. hubb

hubb Diabloii.Net Member

Iirc you can't do anything except normal attack when transformed, so unless you're a melee sorc it's useless. The chance to cast it is also so low you'd have to stand in the middle of a mob and tank them if you want it to activate consistently.

As said above it's wonderful for a merc, but there's not much else you can do with it.