Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Delerium Helm question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Nautilus, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Nautilus

Nautilus IncGamers Member

Delerium Helm question

Hi everyone. I've got the runes to make a delerium helm and I'm just wondering if I should go through with it. From what I see its primary use is as defensive crowd control. Who would it best suit? Is this something best used on a mercenary or would it be something to make a character around using?

I'm looking at building an assassin soon, either a trapper or a kicksin, and also thiniking of trying my hand at a hammerdin. Would this be a helpful tool for a fire rogue merc? Any ideas are appreciated as I don't want to just throw away the runes if I'm not going to use the item.

2. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I look forward the answer, because I am playing with this idea too. I think this could be very good on Hammerdin?

3. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Krem made a Delerium a while ago and was disatisfied with it. Personally, I could only justify using the runes if I had nothing more important to use them in.

As for the which character could use it, well, one without a lot of crowd control, that hits a lot, and doesn't have another CtC ability on.

So, that doesn't leave many builds that could justify it. Maybe for a paladin who doesn't use a RT.

If you do make it, make it in a sexy piece of headgear, like a diadem.

crg

4. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

You mean on hammerdin's merc, right? I don't think ctc works with hammers.

Delirium is good for pvm Smiter and for all the builds with no crowd control skills (Tankazon). I'm planning making a Confusezon (using Delirium, doh) some day. I just want that WF first :rolleyes: Don't want to make another Witchyzon. Although WF's knockback would have the same effect as Confuse.

Yeah, that's how much I have experince with Delirium ~ 0 :D

And don't make Delirium in Diadem make it in Tiara (lower lvl req)!!! Bad boy, crg! :p

5. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

Delirium
    Tiara
    'LemIstIo'
    Defense: 305
    Durability: 25 of 25
    Required Level: 52
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 86
    Fingerprint: 0xe6b41f8e
    +10 to Vitality
    +261 Defense
    50% Extra Gold from Monsters
    25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    +2 to All Skill Levels
    11% Chance to cast Level 18 Confuse on striking
    6% Chance to cast Level 14 Mind Blast when struck
    14% Chance to cast Level 13 Terror when struck
    1% Chance to cast Level 50 Magic Shrine when struck
    Level 17 Attract (60/60 Charges)
    Socketed (3: 3 used)

Used in chargeboltress's act 2 merc. Better to be used in an act 2 or act 5 merc as ranged mercs can't do anything while morphed. And this is better for ranged builds than casters.

6. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Delerium could also be a cool helm for a wind druid if you found a nice pelt with some good +skills...Basically anything that hits fast, and needs crowd control...Bowazons, kickers, zealers, but is probably best suited for a merc, since the other mods are so so at best. I think it's a pretty sweet helm, and if I ever found an Ist I'd make one in a heartbeat.

7. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Bowazons have KB to keep monsters away. Kickers have the best crowd control (Cloak of Shadows). Of those three, Zealots probably need it the most.

crg

8. tenaka

tenaka IncGamers Member

I would think a Zerker of Conc barb, pretty much anything that hits one monster at a time. Those are the ones who need crowd control the most.

9. DontFret

DontFret IncGamers Member

Not true frosty, as rogue mercs can still fire arrows when morphed... if you have never tried it, then do so. It is a great animation sequence that few ever see, and it looks sexxy too !

10. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

I've only tried Delerium on a Strafeazon and it rocked.

Personally, KB isn't enough for all situations for a Bowazon unless you have a Windforce or one of them newfangled Bnet runewords that hit really hard and kills fast.

I'm basing this on players8 play. There will be times when you get swarmed although careful position and gameplay will eliminate most of that.

Huge crowd control is the hallmark of Delerium. CTC confusion goes off all the time allowing you, your Valk and Merc to mop up with much less resistance.

11. AndiDi

AndiDi IncGamers Member

Delirium IMO fits any melee char. I have personally used it for a Concentrator and a HC Fanatic Zealot (He made it all through Hell with it). Worked very well for crowd control.
    Hey, the Bone Fetish is really funny to watch. It gives a nice touch of irony when Charsi say it's nice seeing you when your morphed :D .

12. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Delerium is a merc helm imho :) A character transformed into a stygian doll annoys me, but mercenaries can still continue attacking almost normally

It is really great helm if your character lacks crowd control. And even if the character class you play has some strong crowd control skills (assasins for example), you can invest less points in those skills and get higher damage instead if your merc is wearing Delirium. It can save lots of skillpoints

However, if you mostly play powerful cookie-cutters and you already have decent gear, it is less appealing runeword

13. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I did mean on Hammerdin himself. It was an idea, not a plan. I don't know much about Hammerdins and there are probably far more better helms. But I have read sometimes that Hammerdins have hard time with ranged monsters. This runeword could solve it. As I think of it more, I would like to have this helm on my Avenger. As I think of it even more, I would rather keep my IST for another runeword or place it into my MF sorc's orb.

14. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Knockback won't take care of ranged attackers...Gloams can still blast you off screen:(...Besides knockback doesn't always knock back when you need it. I think Mind Blast is way better than Cloack Of Shadows, also the darkness is very annoying...Zealots definitely need it the most, I guess I was just thinking of fast attacking builds so the confuse would go off often. Most melee builds will love this since they usually lack crowd control.

15. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

I made a Delirium helm for my MA/MS bowazon merc (A2 might) and that helm finally gave her enough power to become matted. It helps a lot against anything that tends to surround you.

I won't put it on my hammerdin or his merc though, at least when you want to kill something. They'd run away from the hammers, and that's quite the contrary of what you'd want. Although I suppose it would be great for LK runs where you usually avoid killing foes.

16. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

My girlfriend made one for her Amazon. She loves it. Her main attacks are Freezing Arrow & Immolation Arrow. The only thing she doesn't like is when she gets turned into the little Bone Fetish!! Fortunately that doesn't happen very often! :D

17. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I use one on my zealot's fire rogue and like it a lot. Everything is confused and I can pick which group I want to take out first. When it's morphed, combinded with fanatcism, it can pump out arrows like a machine gun.

18. Pico Dynamite

Pico Dynamite IncGamers Member

You could also put delerium in a wolf helm. I have a 3 socketed druid pelt that does 3 to tornado and 2 to maul. So it would have 2+ all skills and 3+ tornado, a total of 5+ to tornado! I'm not sure if I'm ganna make a delerium out of it though, since it would only be good for one character.

19. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

+5 to useful skills would be very nice

20. King's Specter

King's Specter IncGamers Member

An elemental zealot would be a cool (ahem) choice for it. He'd cast it all the time and getting transformed wouldn't slow him down all that much. One downside for XP runners is that you don't get experience for killing a confused critter.

-KS