degemming items

thedude

Diabloii.Net Member
degemming items

is it possible? I tried to click on the things I put into the socketed item to remove them, but it didnt work. am I wasting my time trying to remove them? also, is there some secret to finding gems that allow people to find lots of them? I have only found maybe 4 total.

Bert

Diabloii.Net Member
thedude said:
is it possible? I tried to click on the things I put into the socketed item to remove them, but it didnt work. am I wasting my time trying to remove them? also, is there some secret to finding gems that allow people to find lots of them? I have only found maybe 4 total.
a hel rune and a scroll of town portal togheter with the item in the cube does the trick :)

Gems are easy to find on hell dificulty in cow games tons of flawless gems drop and also in Lower Kurast, open all the chest's and you will get lot's of gems :)

Bert

stkrause

Diabloii.Net Member
thedude said:
is it possible? I tried to click on the things I put into the socketed item to remove them, but it didnt work. am I wasting my time trying to remove them?
As Bert said, HEL+Scroll of TP+Item in Horadic Cube will do the trick. Be warned that you'll lose the thing you put into the item, though.

also, is there some secret to finding gems that allow people to find lots of them? I have only found maybe 4 total.
It's called "time" :D :D :D

*stkrause

thedude

Diabloii.Net Member
hel rune? how do I get those? I thought they are only in the expansion and I am on the original game

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
thedude said:
hel rune? how do I get those? I thought they are only in the expansion and I am on the original game
Ah, in classic, there is no way to unsocket an item.

Much of the information you'll find on these boards is Expansion-specific, with the notable exception of the "Classic" forum. Everyone tends to assume that all posts that aren't in the Classic forum are about the expansion. If you preface your posts noting this is classic, you'll probably get more helpful help. Also, the Classic forum is always very welcoming to new forum members. You might want to check the stickies there for some general classic info.