• Others

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Durf, Poing, Boobies, smeg.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Deformed heart or deformed arm?

Would you rather be born with a deformed heart or a deformed arm? Here's the conditions:

Heart: You'll have to undergo several surgeries in your life, and take several months to recover from each one. You will miss large parts of some school years. You may have trouble keeping friends because you are away from school so much. You may or may not get home schooled. You may not be able to engage in strenous physical activity ever, and may have to carefully watch your diet. You may or may not die young.

Arm: People will look at you funny. You may or may not make many friends. You may be suspicious that your mother was doing drugs during pregnancy. You'll probably feel uncomfortable on hot days when you're wearing short sleeves, especially in early spring after being used to having it covered while it was cold outside. When it is exposed you'll be intensely aware that it is exposed. People may or may not make fun of you during school. You'll always wonder if people don't like you because of your personality or because your arm creeps them out. Your arm has somewhat reduced use compared to your other one.

Dirty_Zulu

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd take the arm.

People can love a cripple. Nothing to love if you're heart bursts.

Should've asked missing arm or a leg.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
deformed arm all the way b/c first you can always amputate it and have everyone pity u

Mecal

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
deformed arm all the way b/c first you can always amputate it and have everyone pity u
yeah, but he's saying it can still work - at a minimal level though.

and im not sure... i mean, missing all that school and friends and stuff would suck. but imagine the pity :drool:
then again, heart problems will be with you a long time.

its kinda easier to get a new arm than a new heart - if you wanted.

iDust

Diabloii.Net Member
kinda an easy question to answer. much rather have a deformed arm. the cost is cheaper, its no where near as bad, and it might even look cool :p
life > appearance.

Nword

Banned
Definitely the deformed arm... go hiking, get my arm stuck under a boulder, cut it off, then get replacement arm :thumbsup:

Lord_Shinnok

Diabloii.Net Member
i would touch people with my deformed arm to creep them out then when they back away ill say i'm be oppressed.

cyclotronic

Diabloii.Net Member
Nword said:
Definitely the deformed arm... go hiking, get my arm stuck under a boulder, cut it off, then get replacement arm :thumbsup:
And then get a million dollar book deal. :thumbsup:

group x

Diabloii.Net Member
iDust said:
kinda an easy question to answer. much rather have a deformed arm. the cost is cheaper, its no where near as bad, and it might even look cool :p
life > appearance.
I know this is off-topic , :mad: but why did u steal my avater??? by the way i would have the messed up arm.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Veeery interesting comments.

Let me tell you though, I haven't heard one word of sympathy or pity about it in my life. No one finds it endearing either.

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Armed and dangerous

It is easier, by comparison only, to live with a deformed arm instead of a deformed heart (medically speaking, of course). Most people with what society calls deformities don't want pity or even sympathy...they want understanding and acceptance. Society emphasizes looks over intelligence and as such, people with "deformities" aren't seen as being whole people (true, they may not be anatomically complete, but that doesn't make them any less of a person). If I thought that by having a "deformed" arm, that I could change society's perception of the "deformed", I'd gladly put up with it.

group x

Diabloii.Net Member
If anyone woul ever challenge me to a fight. I would just whip out my gimp arm and beat them with it. I would never lose.

HAMC8112

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord_Shinnok said:
i would touch people with my deformed arm to creep them out then when they back away ill say i'm be oppressed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes you crack me up man! You are probably just as sick as me.

Wicked sick!

A deformed arm really isn't as big of a deal as people seem to think it would be. Perhaps in grade school, but beyond that its not much of a problem.

My father has a deformed right arm, and still manages to do everything just as well as anyone else. It's underdeveloped, and smaller as a result of less use, with a deformed hand as well, but he does fine. He kicks my butt at golf, is an accomplished fisherman (both fly and spincasting), and is so capable with it that my mother and I both commonly forget that he's got the handicap.

The only thing about it that really makes you conscious of it is that he shakes with his left hand. My friends commonly reach out to shake his hand and are embarassed when he reaches with his left hand because they've forgotten. When they say something to me about it later, I tell them that its a testament to how able he is--you'd never know he had the problem if you didn't physically see it.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
DrunkCajun said:
The only thing about it that really makes you conscious of it is that he shakes with his left hand. My friends commonly reach out to shake his hand and are embarassed when he reaches with his left hand because they've forgotten. When they say something to me about it later, I tell them that its a testament to how able he is--you'd never know he had the problem if you didn't physically see it.
What about when he meets a new person?

dirkdig

Diabloii.Net Member
One of the top high school wrestlers in the nation had one deformed arm... I watched him win many matches, he was sick...

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd go for the heart...

*kills random hobo*
*takes heart*
*gets his buddies to hold a heart surgeon at gunpoint*

I win!