Defiance or Holy Freeze?

§Hex Vex§

Diabloii.Net Member
Defiance or Holy Freeze?

All right, since I'm building a blizzard sorceress, I need to ask a question on which mercenary to get. Holy Freeze would be redundant even if it chills cold immunes, but then again, I'll most likely just skip those? Then, there's the Defiance where it takes a lot for it to be killed, but it doesn't have the capability to slow down monsters which could mean the difference between living and dying.:scratch:

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Holy Freeze. Unless you are going mass def stack on merc, the constant freeze pulse is too useful. For merc himself, I strongly believe HF will help him survive more than Defiance. As for benefit to sorc, you probably aren't counting on def as your safety shield in hell anyway.

§Hex Vex§

Diabloii.Net Member
Mmm, I guess holy freeze would save my life more times rather then getting hit less...since theres always that possibility, and if their fast as hell...

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Out of those two, I would use Holy Freeze. The defense wouldn't help you (or your merc) that much anyways.

But, if you ask me... for a pure cold sorc, a might merc might be more helpful, if you find yourself having no problems surviving Hell mode. Might will help your merc kill those cold-immunes faster, and your sorc can then be used to MF/ play in more areas of the game with more ease.

§Hex Vex§

Diabloii.Net Member
Mainly going to be using this for Meph and stuff so :$ Might merc might not be the greatest since it'll kill itself and me along with it >_< And I really cba to revive it everytime I need to do meph :p

herbboy

Diabloii.Net Member
how rich are you?
I use a defiance merc with a doom and eth glitch 3200 def stone and dream
this gives best of both areas holy freeze ad defiance and an extra holy lightning just to help him kill stuff

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll rather take might with Doom for holy freeze.

But outta those two, I'll take holy freeze over defiance. Defense is pretty useless on your sorc.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
how rich are you?
I use a defiance merc with a doom and eth glitch 3200 def stone and dream
this gives best of both areas holy freeze ad defiance and an extra holy lightning just to help him kill stuff

Guillaume's Face would help him kill better than Dream. 35% Crushing Blow is better than 320 :sad2: lightning damage any day...

I'd sell that Dream helm to Charsi...

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Dream helm on a merc is pretty silly, I must say..

If your sorc is only going to be doing meph, and not rush, and not do other areas of the game (which I find to be extremely boring, since your sorc can be more than capable of doing so..), then HF.