Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

defiance or holy freeze merc for trapsin?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by FreezerBurn, May 24, 2005.

1. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

defiance or holy freeze merc for trapsin?

. .

2. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

Either situation pvp/pvm, trapsin could care less about their defense and are concern more about block,so go with holy freeze.

3. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

It depends if you use Death Sentry or not. If you use it, then I think Defiance may be better since Holy Freeze shatters the corpses sometimes, also, if you used Holy Freeze and Death Sentry, the monsters are usually further away from the corpse because they are slowed so Death Sentry isn't as effective there. But if you're going just Lightning Sentry then Holy Freeze is probably a better idea.

4. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

DS for a trapsin in questing gear typically has a radius of 13+ yards, enough to cover the entire 800x600 screen. The HF aura can hardly have a negative effect on how it searches for corpses to explode. they never explode slowed targets - only corpses, and nothing can slow corpses down ;-). With 2 separate DS traps, you can hardly kill (other than by using psn) monsters outside the area that the 2 DS have covered, because they are just too far away.

Defense is useful to shadow/merc/others, but useless to the trapsin herself. On HCL, my untwinked trapsin solo'ed entire Hell except ancients with ~200 total defense endgame.

5. zeskelnec

zeskelnec IncGamers Member

my HF merc LVL 68 has currently Shaft, blackthorn's face (slow 20%) and the tannr gorerod (pike + fire res and dmg)).
    My untwinked trapsin in norm and nightmare was really easy, not died once. I have no other difficulty than these LI in hell. I haven't yet tried the merc with his new pike and I 'm maxing now Fireblast to add on Fire dmg. It should help VS LI.
    The HF is good in offering a 3rd elemental dmg + slow capabilities(even better with the mask).
    I donot see the need of high defence. I have only Darkglow (85 def), and Ort-sol mask 125 def, or tal rasha mask recently dropped not tested.
    SO for a trapsin , go with HF when using LS as main skill. Even DS is working because monsters are not shattering each time.