Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Defense Vs. Missile

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by smeer, Oct 12, 2006.

1. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

Defense Vs. Missile

the Arreat Summit says about this:
    "Reduces the % chance of getting hit by missiles (by raising the effective armor rating)"

What I was wondering is: Is this Defense Vs. Missile affected by ed% of skills (eg Defiance, Holy Shield) or items?

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

No. Def vs missiles is added on after other def calcs. It's actually a little interesting in the sense that it allows barbs to have a defense value while berserking against missiles, as minimal as it is, because this bonus is calculated after the berserk penalty.

3. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

Ok thanks Orphan.

I wonder how do you guys know all these things? Do you decompile the diablo code?

4. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

In most cases the information is, I guess you can say, common knowledge as the mechanics of certain aspects of the game generally follow similiar patterns. Most of these instances can usually be verified by checking the data in the mpq files, in the D2 installation directory.

Failing that, you would generally need to do some debugging/disassembling. This is something I've only played around with a little with regards to D2, though I've done it quite abit for another project.