Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Defense Question on a mage/hybrid build?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Gotcha, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

Defense Question on a mage/hybrid build?

Ok, I know this may be a stupid question but I have to ask it.

Would there be any real diff between having 7k def and 10k in the PVP environment. Would the extra say 3000 really do anything at all? I know the high def numbers on certain builds mean a lot but on the lower def end builds is it worth even trying to boost the def numbers from say a Mage plate to a dusk shroud which at base is only like 300 diff but after HS will add like 3000 and only cost 20 str to attain?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question yet I do not understand exactly how the def numbers work in PVP.

2. vietl0yalty

vietl0yalty IncGamers Member

unless you have 20k+ defense u shouldnt worry much about defense... i mean if it comes down to sacrificing points into strength just to wear a higher defense armor its definitely not worth it... life > defense for casters so just stick with the highest defense armor u can wear without having to add any points into strength

and im not saying the extra defense wont help so dont get the wrong idea... just that the extra 300+ def boost u get from mage plate to dusk shroud isnt significant enough to give up points that coulda been used for vitality