Defense bug?

bigballerpaul

Diabloii.Net Member
Defense bug?

I just recently traded for an eth Dusk Shroud that had defense of 996. It had 4 open sockets. I asked the guy I traded with how the defense was so high and he mentioned something about it had been previously socketed, and he cubed it clean again. I didn't get a chance to ask what was socketed in the armor before he cubed it. How is the defense so high on this?

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
he found it eth without any sockets and used the cube to add sockets
that would give it the double eth mod also known as e-bugging it

caution, trading e-bugged on the us trade forums here will get you a temp ban

e-996 is will make a good stone or fort for your merc if you can afford

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Wait, what? I used to see these traded all the time!
on uswest trading Shaperla has banned people in the past for posting e-bugged armors on trade lists

ther ok to trade on the europe forum

not sure about useast, didnt see e-bug on the DNT list but it does say "Any bugged items (this includes zod bugged items)"

Yossarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Some get listed on west without a problem and some don't. If someone reports the ebugged item than Shaperla bans them. If not he/she doesn't. I often think the reports are just made by users who don't like other users for one reason or another. Or people just being jerks as nearly every poster on west wants them and trades for them.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
ya, some people are jerks

on the etf, krischan and Xora are pretty strict, break a rule and the mod stick comes out

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I just contacted CrazyPayne (a mod on the East trade forum), and he clarified -

CrazyPayne said:
The USWest mods had been banning for the eth cube bugged armors but now we should have everything straightened out so that they are tradeable in every sub forum.
Just so that everyone is aware.

JMS

Diabloii.Net Member
caution, trading e-bugged on the us trade forums here will get you a temp ban
Cant see why this would be a ban, as the method of "bugging/glitching" is a Cube recipe. It just happens that when the sockets are added.. Note: Random 1-4 sockets, on eth non superior armour, the recipe also adds the 50% defense bonus again. so for example, if you armour is eth 500 def, with cube it will end up being 1-4 sockets 750 def.

emar

Diabloii.Net Member
Cant see why this would be a ban, as the method of "bugging/glitching" is a Cube recipe. It just happens that when the sockets are added.. Note: Random 1-4 sockets, on eth non superior armour, the recipe also adds the 50% defense bonus again. so for example, if you armour is eth 500 def, with cube it will end up being 1-4 sockets 750 def.
I think it was a semantics issue and nothing more. "Bugged" could imply a hacked item (i.e., Btals, BBelt, BMana, etc) <- None of those are legit and I wouldn't argue a ban.

The cube recipes are okay - it was simply a misinterpretation of the word I'm certain.

aera

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I've always known this "bug" to be a glitch, therefore the item being known as eGlitched.
I see eBugged items as having the eth+indestructable mod's, which this cube recipy does not do, to my knowledge anyways.