Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Defenders of Cyrodiil-TES Fiction

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by paladinking, Sep 5, 2006.

1. paladinking

paladinking IncGamers Member

Defenders of Cyrodiil-TES Fiction

This Fiction is based off The Elder Scrolls newest game, Oblivion.

Guidelines:

Dunmer/Dark Elf-A Blue skined elf with red eyes.
    High Elf/Altmer-A taller elf with tanned skin.
    Bosmer/Wood Elf-A smaller elf with somewhat tanned skin.
    Orc-A green skinned brute.
    Imperial-Basic human.
    Redgaurd-Dark skinned person.
    Breton-A human well trained in magic.
    Nord-Brutish human, taller than most.
    Argonian-A lizard type person.
    Khajiit-A cat type person.

Defenders of Cyrodiil

NOTE-This story takes place 5 years after the Oblivion Crisis

Intro

After the gates were shut, and the champion of Cyrodiil took up his sword to defend this land, a new emporer was made, Illyon Tohuis, he was a member of the council, the blades found a will in Uriel Septim's desk that said "If my sons are to face the same fate as me, then let one of the council members be a new emporer, and rule Cyrodiil." they had to take a vote, as thier was no other way.

Many people in Vardenfell have taken the chance to try to take Cyrodiil for themselves, but even though Cyrodiil had no emporer for 5 years, they still had an army, they managed to hold off many attackers, 2 towns were desecrated and totally destroyed, these include, Cheydinhal, and Leyawiin, and the Champion of Cyrodiil was killed in the attacks at Leyawiin, though his body was never found. While the 2 towns are in ruin from many different attackers, Kvatch has been re-built and is now more fortified and bigger, and a new town known as Galandiil just west of the Imperial City, right beside Lake Poppad, has been built and is very large, almost the size of the imperial city.

In this new town was a man known as Leon Noiviblo, he was a blacksmith, he was only 24, his father was a captian of the Gaurd in that town, he was known as Garret, his mother was in her household with Leon's younger sister, Chelsa who was only 14, his mother was known as Lona, they lived a happy life as a good family.

One day the nords from Skyrim gathered an army and attacked Bruma, Bruma needed aid, they sent for forces from Galandiil, The Imperial City, and Chorrol, Garret and his men rode on horses to aid Bruma, and many other men from the cities went to help. The Nords had many, thier force was almost as large as the 4 groups themselves! The battle lasted 4 hours, the Nords were driven back, and most of the Nords in Cyordiil left, others stayed with the imperials. The messangers sent letters to each family to tell them who died, Garret died along with half his men, while trying to aid bruma, Leon's family was tore up. Leon decided he wanted to join legion and take his fathers place. They managed to find Garret's body, and bring it back, Leon took the armor and weapon of his father and he would use that in his new job.

End of Intro

2. paladinking

Chapter 1

Chapter 1-The Alliance of Freinds

Leon just joined the Legion, they were going to put him in his fathers place, but first he had to face a test, the legion recently sent scouts to see if they could find anything near the town, the scouts found a cave just south of Galandiil and slightly North of the Yellow Road, and they belive that it was involed with necromancy, the scouts saw an Insignia of a skull on the cave, and looked inside to see many people wearing black robes, the scouts ran away and told the Legion, now Leon is sent with the task of cleaning out the cave, they were going to send 2 Legion soldiers with him, but he said he didn't need any help.

Later that evening he was getting ready for his test, he had to leave in the morining and head towards the cave, he was sitting at the Inn with some Legion soldiers, he was listening to them talk about the battle at Bruma, he heard about some of them nearly getting killed, and he heard about how his father took down many soldiers with him, he also heard about a few families that were killed in Bruma, and about a few houses getting burned to the ground, he knew the battle was bad, but didn't know it was that bad, he just sat at the table when a Breton man in a fancy robe and a long cape and long dark brown hair, came walking in, and talked with the Innkeeper, he then sat at a table and pulled out a strange looking book, Leon wondered what the book was, but he just sat there. A few minutes later he went upstairs and rested in his bed.

In the morrow [Morning], he talked to one of the soldiers, and told him he was ready to set out, the soldier gave him a horse and told him to report back when he has confirmed the death of the cult. Leon set out, he wore the armor of his father, and used his blade, he wanted to join the Legion, this was his choice, he knew his life was on the line, but he couldn't just let his father die, and do nothing, he joined the Legion to take his fathers place and help the agianst the attackers.

After many hours of traveling he finally found the cave, above the cave thier was an Insignia of a Skull, he opened the door and went inside, when he first entered he saw nothing but a stairway, he went down the stairs and it led to a larger room, and a big pit was in the middle, he looked down and saw about 25 people wearing black cloaks all gathered around one man without a hood, and a large tomb, the man yelled "Fellow brothers and sisters, we have finally found the corpse of our fellow leader, Cho'Nammoth, we will resurrect him today! we will focus all our magic to bring him back, but first we need a sacrafice! Who will give themselves to bring back our glorious leader? who is brave enough?" but right as Leon heard these words, he got hit in the back of the head by a necromancer, and fell on his back.

The necromancer brough him downstairs and showed the man without the hood, the man said "Ah good, it seems we have a spy, we will sacrafice him to bring back our leader!" he set Leon on the tomb and pulled out a dagger, then Leon woke up and saw the man with the dagger, he tried to move, but they tied him to the tomb, he knew he was about to die, so he just sat there calmly and waited for it to be over, then he heard a peircing sound, but he didn't fell anything, he looked at the man and saw him just standing there with a open mouth, then he fell to the floor and saw a necromancer with a bloody shortsword, the necromancer said "I hope you can fight, were kinda outnumbered here!" he quickly cut Leon loose, and got ready to fight the necromancers, Leon got up quickly, and the man tossed a longsword from his robes to Leon, then Necromancers started casting spells at the 2, they had to duck and doge and everything else, they then started attacking the Necromancers.

Leon rushed towards a Necromancer with his longsword, the necromancer cast a spell at him and it went less than 2 inches away from his head, he then stabbed the necromacer in the gut, then a necromancer with his fathers longsword came rushing at him and tried to cut his head off, but he dodged and killed the necromancer, he then took the sword and used them both and said "I think i'll take this back now." the other man was swift, ducking and dodging, he never got hit, he attacked fast and killed many, the battle kept on going on, but thier were too many necromancers, the two had thier back at each other and were surrounded with about 14 necromancers, the man in the robe said "You fought well, but I guess this is our end."

Then someone said "But Shadowsong, your time isnt up yet!" it was an imperial woman with ebony armor, she didn't have a helmet, she wore a long white cape with a red cross on it, she had a ebony longsword and ran down the stairs and started fighting the necromancers, the man in the cloack said "Leanne, you always come at the right time." Leon didn't know what was going on, but he kept on fighting, so did the man in the robe, they eventually killed all the necromancers, then Leon apporached the man and said "Ok, would you mind explaining who you are?" the man removed his hood to reveal he was a dunmer, then he said "I am Shadowsong, I am a hunter of evil, I seek to kill all evil beings, this is Leanne, she is a Paladin, we met a while back and decided to fight evil together, we followed some necromancers one day, and it led us to here, I took some robes of a fallen necromancer and disguised myself to fit in, then we helped you finish off the rest, now, who are you?" Leon said "I am Leon Noiviblo, my father was killed during the attack on Bruma, I joined the Legion and was told to go here and kill the necromancers and stop the cult, and it seems we did, now if you excuse me im going back to Galandiil to tell the legion, you may come with me if you wish." Leanne said "Ive always wanted to see the town, i'll come with you, I have a horse, Shadowsong, are you coming?" Shadowsong said "Maybe later, ive got to do something for now.." Leanne said "Ok, if you wish." the 2 set out to ride to Galandiil.

End of Chapter 1-The Alliance of Freinds

3. paladinking

Chapter 2-A Cult Revealed

Leon and Leanne finally arive at Galandiil, it was already dark, they were tired, the fight wore them out, Leanne wondered what Shadowsong was doing, and why he decided to stay behind, Leon said to Leanne "Here, let me help you down." she said "No thanks, I can get down myself." they got off thier horses and went to rest in the Inn, Leon said to the Innkeeper "I'll take a room, and i'll be back in a few minutes." the innkeeper said "Ok, oh and keep an eye out for that man that walked in the other day, he was acting strange earlier."

Leanne sat down at the bar part of the inn and got some Brandy, leon walked out of the inn and went to report to the legion what happened at the cave. When the legion heard about this, the general wanted to see Leanne, so leon went and got leanne and brought her to the general, he said "It is an honour to talk to one of the evil hunters herself, im sure if it were not for either one of you, we would have to get a new captain." Leanne said "you asking for something, what is it?" the man replied "Well, you see recently we have seen this Breton in a robe with a long cape has been seen walknig around town with a strange looking book, and we need more info on him, the last time we saw he was at the Inn, reading his book, if you can find any information on his book and who he is, we will gladly do anything for you." she replied "I see, well I will start looking for him now, and Leon can help." the man said "Actually, I need to talk with leon about his place in the legion." Leanne said "oh, ok." and walked off.

Leon said "You wanted to talk to me?" the man said "Yes, you have completed your task, and now you are the captain of the gaurd here in Galandiil, here is you payment from the count, the gaurd dosen't have any other jobs at the moment, so all the men are just patroling the area, and some are off duty for now, I belive Count Hadriel would like to talk to you, she is waiting in the dining hall in castle Galandiil." Leon said "Thank you, I will go see the count now, good luck, general." Leon walked off towards the castle.

Leanne was walking to the inn, when she saw the breton walk out the door, she decided to follow him, being very quite in her armor, she stayed on his trail, he went to a alleyway and leanne followed, eventually the alley ended, and thier was no sight of the man, Leanne wondered where he went, then she saw a door right beside her, and heard someone talking to the other, she peeked through the door and saw the breton talking with a cloaked figure, she listened, the breton said "I have found out where the corpse of the vampire lord known as Galon Feldek is, here is the map, I have marked the location." the cloaked figure said "Very good, here is your payment, Zarken." Leanne backed away from the door and hid inside of a crate in the alley, she saw the breton go past her, but the cloaked figure was no where to be found, she snuck up on the breton and grabbed him saying "A necromancer eh? well lets see what the legion has to say about this.".

Leon was sitting in the dinning hall waiting for the count, she finally opened the door and said "Ah Leon, my new captain, let me get straight to the buisness, I have a susspesion about our general, Quinn Hau, He has been acting strange lately, he has been trying to avoid beeing seen at day, he always hides in his office, and when he goes outside he always wears his cloak, I think hes a vampire, but I can't prove it, can you help? find more infomation, his office is locked, and I don't have a key, it has gone missing, perhaps you can take the key off of him, steal it or something, thanks in advance for your help." the whole time Leon was sitting on a chair, and thinking about this, she was right, he has never shown his face during the day, maybe he is a vampire.

Leon went outside and saw Quinn talking with Leanne, and leanne had a prisoner with her, he went over there to see what was going on, he heard Quinn say "Lock this man in the dungeon and interogate him!" Leon then asked Leanne what was going on, she explained what happened, then leon told her what the count had to say to him, they both went to the Inn to rest, when they got there, they saw a dunmer with long black hair sitting at a table, he said "Sorry it took so long, how about telling me whats been going on?" Leanne said "Shadowsong! its about time! here let me explain." they explained the story, shadowsong said "I see, well I can sneak up on Quinn and take the key, as for the other part, you 2 better interogate the captive." they agreed on the plan and split into 2 groups, Leanne and leon went in the dungoen, and shadowsong went outside the inn and turned invisible.

A few minutes later, shadowsong came up behind quinn who was all by himself, and shadowsong saw the key on his side, he quitley approached him moving very stealthy, he almost had his hand on the key when a rapier blade came towards his neck, he quickly dodged the attack and was no longer invisible, quinn said "You think I could not hear you?! Thats ubsurd! who do you work for?! the dark brotherhood!?" Shadowsong said "You Cur!" and pulled out 2 cresent blades and fought quinn.

Leanne and leon were down in the dungeon interogating the prisoner, they kept on interogating him, but he would not give in, then finally they got some information out of him, he said "Ok ok, I give up, we are a bunch on necromancers, we were trying to resurrect this vampire lord, then we were going to try and attack the bases of cyrodiil, we already have a army in morrowind, and with this vampire lord and our leader, quinn, we were going to take over cyrodiil and then eventually take over all of tamriel, but thats all the information im giving you, im not gonna tell you where our base is, you'll never find it!" then the prisoner fell unconsious.

Shadowsong and quinn were fighting real hard, the area they were in was the garden of Gallandiil, no-one except those 2 were there, it was an outside area, then suddenley it began to rain, they fought feircely! leon and leanne told the countess about the information, now they knew quinn was a vampire, the countess ordered the troops to find him and kill him, leon and leanne went looking for shadowsong.

Back in the gardens quinn and shadowsong sitll fought, strike after strike after strike! it never stopped, leon and leanne found them and stood back and watched, they did not want to interupt thier duel, the 2 fought and fought, finally shadowsong made a false move and missed quinn, quinn took the opporunity to attack and hit shadowsong in the right shoulder,then in the left leg, shadowsong fell to his knees and said "Heh, that was a good duel, but it seems I wasn't good enough." quinn said "Indeed, you deserve a warriors death." he raised his sword, but then got knocked to the ground by Leon who charged at him, then he attacked quinn with his fathers sword and hit him in the right leg, quinn pushed leon aside and turned into a bat and flew away, leanne went to shadowsong and said "Your wounds are major, we need to get you to a temple, leon help me out." leon came and helped her pick up shadowsong, they brought him to a temple, and the preists took care of him, then they got a chance to rest.

The next moring the group got together and decided they would find quinn, they had to stop his cult no matter what, but they had no idea where to go, then shadowsong said "Oh yeah, I got this from him while we were fighting." it was a map of cyrodiil, and a circle was were the city of Leyawiin used to be, the group now had a destination and the will to go to the destination, thus began thier journey to stop the cult....

End of Chapter 2-A Cult Revealed

4. paladinking

Chapter 3--The Truth Revealed

Chapter 3-The Truth Revealed

The group gathers all thier things, and Leon says goodbye to his family and tells them whats going on, then they put thier money together to buy Shadowsong a horse, then they get on thier horses and ride out, the group heads toward Leyawiin and travels for 3 hours, then take a rest and eat.

Shadowsong goes and hunts for food, while Leon and Leanne sit by the road and wait. 5 minutes pass, and leanne says "Whats taking him so long?" then a imperial on horseback comes walking down the road and notcies Leon and Leanne, he rides up to them and says "Are you two alright?" Leon says "Yes, we are waiting on someone, he went hunting." the man says "Is he a dark elf?" Leon replies "Yes he is." the man says "Then he must be the one fighting the 3 bandits in the woods, he looks kinda wounded." Leon says "What?!" and him and leanne head down the road after Shadowsong, but they left thier backpacks behind, the man then takes the backpacks and lets the horses go, and rides off.

Leanne and Leon head into the woods a little, and find Shadowsong, but he is not wounded, in fact he has 2 dead deer, then he said "What? whats wrong?" then Leon and leanne say at the same time "That lying bastard!" then the 3 head back to where thier horses were supposed to be, but when they got there, thier horses and gear were gone, then Leon said "Damn that thief! Well, we must continue on, no matter what."

The group heads towards Leyawiin once more, following the raod on foot, after many days they finally ariive. The city is in ruin, there is no sign of life anywhere, the group looks around, but finds nothing, Shadowsong said "Wait, I can smell something, its a....Imperial....Male, he is....dead ahead....." and some gates opened from the other side of where they were, and in came a man ebony armor, without a helmet, and a blue cape, and a large warhammer, and a book on his side, with long red hair, Shadowsong said "That book, he is a paladin." the paladin walked around, he didn't see the group,

The paladin got to a doorway and opened it, he looked inside and said "This is the way, I must cleanse it." the group ran up behind him and Leon said "Wait, before you enter, what are you doing here?" the paladin stood there and said "You don't not have an evil presence, nor do you seem evil, I can trust you, I am Karnwield the Seeker, I came to cleanse this place of the vampires." leon said 'Great! you can help us, we were going to do the same!" Karnweild replied "It would be my honor."

They enter the building and look around, Karnweild says "look at that fireplace. thier is not much dust on it, that means it must have been used recently, and look at this door to the basement, I see fingerprints on the door, lets go inside." they head down into the basement and go down the stairs, they eventually get to the bottom of the basemrnt, thier is a hole in the wall, Karnweild said "Follow me." they went through the hole and kept on moving, inside the hole it was a cave, they couldn't see much, but they still kept moving, eventually they got to a room with many skeletons and bodies everywhere, blood was all against the wall, and no signs of life were anywhere, they looked around, but there was no other way out.

Then the bodies came to life, and started attacking the group, Shadowsong said "What in Oblivion's name is this?!" as he cut the head off a body, but it kept moving, Leon said "I don't know know! Just try to get away!" they started heading back, but the way was blocked by countless more bodies and skeletons, Leanne said "This is not good!" Karnweild said "This is a sign of a Necromancer! He must be around here somewhere!" then a voice said "Yes he is, in fact he is right here!" Leon looked at where that voice was coming from, in the large room was Quinn, and a legion of undead surrounding him, Leon rushed towards him, and began to fight the undead, Shadowsong and Leanne fought the ones near the exit, and Karnweild went and helped Leon, they fought the undead and were doing good, but Shadowsong still suffered from his wound, he fell on his knees and said "Leanne I can't keep this up." she carried him away from the undead and near Karnweild and Leon, they were surrounded by undead, Quinn said "Give up, you can't win, your outnumbered." Leon said "Damn you quinn! Damn you!" they group gave up and were put inside of a jail in Leayawiin...

The group was thrown in the jail in Leyawiin, it seemed to be one of the only remaining buildings in Leyawiin, each of the members were thrown in a different cell, after they were in thier cells, Quinn said to them "I hope you like it in here, this is going to be your new home, Muahahahaha! [all evil guys have a evil laugh]" then he walked off, inside the jail were skeletons and bones, and in another cell was a orc with iron greaves on his side, and tan pants, he just sat there the whole time, then when Quinn and his men walked off, he got up and said "Listen up, ive been waiting for this day, ive been planning, I couldn't do this alone, we are going to break out, here is how. Ok, I have a lockpick right here, firstly i'll unlock my cell, then i'll unlock your cells, outside of this room there are 4 necromancers, if they see us, were dead, so after we break out of our cells we must open the door quietly and sneak past the first one, he is down the hallway in a seperate room, the second and third are in another room to the left down another hallway, that is also the way we must go, as we go down the hallway we must go past the room, if we time it right we can get past without being seen, the last one if gaurding the door, this is the tricky part, he is standing right next to the door, thats when I come in, I have the abilty to turn invisible, so I can sneak up behind him and choke him, if I fail then we are dead, also our gear is in the same room." Leon said "wow, that is a good plan, what is your name? Mine is Leon." the orc said "I am Subei, a blademaster." Leanne said "Im Leanne." Shadowsong said "Im Shadowsong." Leon said "So when are we gonna break out?" Subei said "When it gets dark."

Later on that evening when the sun set, Subei began to unlock his cell, he did it succesfully, then he unlocked Leon and Leanne and Shadowsong's cells, they began the plan, Subei unlocked the door and slowly opened it, he looked around and saw nothing, so he moved on with the group, they got down the other hallway and got near the room with the 2 necromancers in it, they listened for a moment and heard "Argh! for the last time, we are here to find the Champion of Cyrodiil's body and resurrect him and then use him to rule Tamriel!" the group looked at each other, then they decided to try and sneak past, they got past and went on towards the last room, when they got there, Subei said "Now its my time." he turned invisible and snuck up behind the gaurd, he choked him and dropped the body, the group went and grabbed thier gear and went outside, they looked around and saw no-one, they left Leyawiin and ran to the Imperial City, they had to report this to the Emporer...

End of Chapter 3-The Truth Revealed

5. RevenantsKnight

RevenantsKnight IncGamers Member

Gah...sorry it took me so long to get to this. A quick disclaimer first: I have not played The Elder Scrolls or any game in that series, so most game references went whooshing past me.

I read only the opening in detail, but if the rest of the story is similar in most respects, I would say that this needs some work. In general, this seems to pass over events much too quickly and have minimal detail; as there’s only a basic plot here, it’s a lot harder for me to stay interested in the story. I mean, if you just relate the minimum amount of information, things don’t really stand out or seem interesting. For instance, “The American Civil War killed a lot of people on both sides but the North eventually won†gets some basic summary across, but most folks will read that and move on fairly quickly. More details on why that war happened and why it is considered as important as it is would go a long way to keep interest. Also, there are a lot of spelling and grammar errors, some of which should be quite fixable with a use of a spellchecker. Given how short this was, those errors were fairly disruptive. It seems like you’ve an idea here, but I think it’s not making it to the screen.

Overall, I’d say this would benefit from a slower pace and more detail and explanation, as well as a round of editing and spellchecking; if you want more detailed suggestions on this story, let me know and I can offer them. Thanks for posting!