Deeds... And starting over again!

princesspk

Diabloii.Net Member
Deeds... And starting over again!

Well, I just lost my lvl 58 CS/LF javazon to NM hephasto.

Startin up a new build... But don't know what.

I still need to get some sort of MF runner to start getting some items, so I was thinking maybe a strafezon for pit runnin. Coming back to the game after so long, I haven't done any of that yet. Back in the days where I played everybody was all over pindle.

Any other builds workin great for pit runs? Frenzy or WW barb would be pretty good too I'm thinking. Maybe a zealot or vindicator could work as well, but I'm not too sure. I've never played vindicators so I can't really know. So what's your favorite pit running build?

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
Summoners are best for pit running when you're starting out because they are safe and don't require any equipment at all.

You might be able to pull off an untwinked strafer that can run the pits but it will be touch and go sometimes, the unique mobs get out of hand pretty quick down there sometimes.

So I vote for a summoner for running the pits for your starting items.
Also you could make a mf sorc and run nm bosses for a bit. The pits are great for finding socketables and the odd really valuable item, but the chances of those really valuable items showing up in the pits is much lower then the chances of some less valuable but still quite usefull items showing up from NM Meph and Baal. They are a great stepping stone for Hell Andy who is a great stepping stone for Hell Meph.

sorry for babbeling.
-hps

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Personally, I like MF running act5 NM to start. A dual element sorceress is probably your fastest bet. You should be able to find the items to then step it up to hell andy/meph before too long.

A quick list of places to hit in act5:
Shenk/Eldritch
Pindleskin
Icy Cellar/Drifter Cavern etc (also bonesaw breaker and his shiny chest)
Baal

Run those over and over with any decent amount of magic find and you're bound to find some goodies. Good luck to you!

-Matt

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Indeed it is, and fun.

Do your best to get your hands on a 'black' flail/knout... 40% CB is nice.

Frost zealots will do great through nightmare, but could hit some immunity problems in hell. (then again, the majority of untwinked, non cookie cutter builds will have some trouble with that) I'd suggest going with either holy shock or physical damage as a backup. Holy shock will probably spread your skills a bit thinner, while physical damage will require some better gear. My inclination would be to go for physical damage, but try to get most of it via crushing blow. That allows you to focus more skills into your primary skills and still deal some doable damage.

-Matt