Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DECREPIFY vs AMP

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by HafidzMD, Jun 22, 2005.

1. HafidzMD

HafidzMD IncGamers Member

DECREPIFY vs AMP

Does decripify reduces monsters PI by 100 as what AMP does?

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

No.

Amplify Damage reduces physical resistance by 100%.

Decrepify reduces physical resistance by 50%, reduces physical damage by 50%, and slows down the monster as well.

So, essentially: use amp whenever you can, use decrepify if you need the defensive components of it.

3. Mammel248

Mammel248 Banned

Well, just use Amp on hordes, and Decrep on bosses, uniques etc...

Decrep's range is just too small for big hordes.

4. HafidzMD

HafidzMD IncGamers Member

If thats the case, im better off with amp (more skill points left anyways) for any type of monster

5. Myrakh-2

Actually, Decrepify is an excellent choice vs. certain bosses --- Baal and DClone in particular, but I also use it vs. Mephi and Diablo. I also like to use Decrepify if certain bosses such as Lister spawn with uncomfortable damage enhancers...

I left both at 1 hardpoint anyway, so it's not like I had to choose between them :) I can use both as required...

6. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

If you combine Decrepify, Clay Golem and a few Ice Mages (its really not that much bother to resummon to get 3 or 4 Ice Mages) you can almost completely immobilise most bosses.

The best part of this tatic is they tend to focus on the Clay Golem, which can be easily resummoned on the off-chance he gets killed, while ignoring your army of skellies who are busy hacking him to bits. If you can get your skellies on one side of the boss then cast CG onthe other side, the boss will turn around and attack only the CG - which means Diablo's Lightening and Baals flame attack totally miss you (providing you are standing on the skelli side) and your skellies.

Against the masses its normally best to go with Amp (followed by Corpse Explode)

7. Grimes

Grimes IncGamers Member

1: what curse out of the 2 would be best for a melee necro

2: you can just keep casting decryptify on a large crowd untill there all cursed so the small radius isnt realy that much of a problem unless u have a char with low manna wich cant cast spells that much

8. Myrakh-2

Same as for Skelemancers: it depends on your gear and the monsters.

Amp damage means you are dealing more damage (also means more leeching).
    Decrepify has a defensive component.

So if you can handle the monsters with amp, amp them. If you can't handle them, decrep them. If you still can't handle them, maybe AI curses? Or run...

9. ReTrAc

ReTrAc IncGamers Member

1. Amplify Damage for not-so hard monsters (ex. fallen zombies) and Decrepify for those fast monsters or fanticism aura (and bosses).

2. Thats true but you really dont need decrepify for normal monsters so ADs higher radius is better so just point click and attack.

10. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

If I were playing a melee necro I'd probably be relying on Attract and Amp most of the time, life tap to heal, and decrep for bosses and nastier targets like Lister.

There is really no reason not to get both curses since you only need one point in them if you plan on having at least 4 or more +skills.

11. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

I agree with Pherdnut, although I've never played a melee mancer. Still, if you have never seen the effect of decrep + CG on a boss, you are in for a treat. It is worth it just for Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal.

12. Mammel248

Mammel248 Banned

Ehm,
    Sorry for the noobish question, but what does attract really do? I wanna know if its worth 3 points, because dim visions sux in my eyes, as does confusion.

13. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

It makes the monster with the Attract animation above its head a universal targets. Monsters will try to beat that monster up. An effective means of crowd control since the monster seems to have a higher threat rating than you or your minions.

14. Blanket Thief

Blanket Thief IncGamers Member

Hm, can you cast attract on other players (pvp)? Would there summons attack the other player if you could?

15. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

No you cannot.

16. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

you should note that attract is not a very effective way of actually killing monsters, but rather as a distraction to simply take hits. the higher you go the life becomes huge when compared to the miniscule damage dealt by monsters

17. Tethir

Tethir IncGamers Member

Could always use the unique wand that grants +3 Decrepify as switch weapon... or even better, an a2 holy freeze merc with reapers toll.