Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

decisions decisions.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Amra, Jun 16, 2005.

?

What charname you like more?

1. True

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yhm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Vouch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

decisions decisions.....

As President of the fire & rescue department, I am often called upon to take weighty decisions.

Today one such decision sits on my desk.

Every year we send out a letter to the community asking for donations to the fire & rescue department. (We have to raise over 70% of our annual budget ourselves.)

Here is the issue:

The guy printing the letter wants to know if I want white paper with blue ink or blue paper with black ink. :scratch:

So the question is: which is more aesthetically pleasing? Assume the blue paper is a lite-blue.

Vote!

2. Dutchman

Dutchman IncGamers Member

I vote for whatever is cheaper, or more precisely, cheaper looking. If I'm getting asked for money I would wonder how much the asker has spent if it comes on super bond resume paper with 900 vibrant colours and a gold seal.

My 2 cents, and good luck!

Dutch

Edit: Ran into a fun fundraiser for the cops a couple of weeks ago that might be worth investigating for you. Was at a restaurant, and fully uniformed cops were following the waitresses around. They did their spiel and left each table an envelope you could put some cash in if you wished. I was fully prepared to ignore it untill my beer arrived...... delivered by the cop. My table, and all those I could readily see, figured a fully armed waiter was worth 10 bucks each or so. Was kinda cool. I expect they raised several thousand bucks in a few hours.

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

always liked white paper. its more stylish and gives a more serious look. :thumbsup:

4. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

I'd have to agree with LorveN.

5. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Yeah, you don't want to look too fancy when you're asking for money. Have you thought about running a poker tournament or something? I know some states have pretty strict rules about charities running tournaments, but I also know there are companies that will practically run the whole event. Everyone wins, the company gets some of the proceeds, the charity gets some of the proceeds while essentially only providing a place to play, and all the players come because they want to win money.

6. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Both cost the same actually. And we are going about as cheap as we can get. We are even folding them and stuffing the envelopes ourselves. Larger fire depts pay to have all that done.

Seriously?

You were drinking a beer? ;)

Interesting but we are too rural though to do something like that. Still, it's does help to think about other ways to raise money. I appreciate the story.

heh, always tip men with guns!

We haven't thought about poker. Since we are fairly rural, we probably don't have the population density to do that. And yeah, there may be rules against that. I'd need to check.

If anyone else has fundraising ideas or stories feel free to share them. Lord knows I don't mind a good thread hijacking.

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

White paper is dull. Blue is different, and black ink will complement it nicely. Use blue, or i'll claim your being rasist against blue paper and have you sued to millions of dollars! :lol:

8. piff

piff IncGamers Member

White on blue. I don't like blue paper. I don't know why, but I don't like blue paper.

9. nrabbit

nrabbit IncGamers Member

white paper of course! :thumbsup:
    its much cooler. and blue ink is better than black :clap:

10. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Other fundraising ideas:

Bachelor auction? What woman wouldn't bid on a hot firefighter to take out for a night.

If you're really rural, you could always see if someone would cut out a corn maze, or make a maze out of bales of hay. Those always seem to attract people for some odd reason.

What about hosting a paintball tournament or something? If you've got lots of open space, it might be a good way to take advantage of it. Might take a bit of effort to put together though.

11. piff

piff IncGamers Member

The auction is actually a great idea. We do that in school, and we raise at least 500 bucks each time, and we're high school students. If you're in a large enough area, you can easily bring in some extra cash for little to no expense to you. It's almost all profit. I'd probably do it alongside another fundraiser.

12. Nword

Nword Banned

What shade of blue are we talking? A pale blue or "real" blue, or navy(with black, I doubt it...)

Blue paper with blue ink anyone? :D