Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Deciding which monsters to use for revives?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Bulgarian, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Bulgarian

Bulgarian Banned

Deciding which monsters to use for revives?

For the most part i understand which ones to use, but ive heard that using gloams is a bad idea? Gloams do huge amounts of lightning damage, whats wrong with them?

2. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

not sure. my guess is either A) other monsters resist them too easily/have too much life or B) once those things engage in melee they're worthless.

some good ones would probably be: urdars (cb! YAH!), balrogs, spear cats, thinking vipers for knockback (i don't think many people have really mentioned these for revives), rogues

3. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

Gloams are incredibly irradic, if they have multiple targets they shoot once, then go explore the whole dungeon before they feel like fireing again.

4. aera

aera IncGamers Member

i find..in some situations, if you have lower resist. gloams can be VERY usefull..specialy whilst doing baal runs.
    as for rouges...they are my favourite..or vipers, the poison ones, and fire ones, and bonespear. have all at once and it looks pritty cool.

as for pvp..a fun thing to do..find LOTS of gloams(im talking 40+), put an infinity on your merc, and use lower resist...time to get back all those stupid nK'ers..:scratch:

5. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

I've found that most revives wander off (yes, I haven't been able to afford an Enigma yet). I actually do ok with just having my skellies around. At least the AI is a bit better than the revives when navagating though a dungeon. For many situations like uber trist, then CB from merc & revives is probably the only way to survive. If they don't exceed the 3 minute time AND if they don't wander off Revives are pretty much invincible for the 180 seconds that they are around. If you have teleport (Naj or Enigma or other item) then you have much more control over the revives and the revives become a larger part of your strategy. Unfortunately, my necro is a 'walker' for now.

Good luck and good hunting!
    Kirah

6. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

I generally prefer to raise ranged revives over melee. The reason is that melee is usually crowded with skeletons already, and they can usually hold their own and keep the monsters at bay nicely. Ranged revives, although somewhat lacking in damage compared to melee counterparts, can shoot from the back lines just like magi. Things like Quill Rats and Burning Dead Archers have a poison/fire element to them as well, making them even more juicy.

That is unless there are Frenzytaurs or Urdars around. They always get first preference.

7. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

i tend to prefer the biggest revives around, that and gloams. Yes, they are very erradic and will rarely fire, but something about using the games most hated enemy against fellow gloams/nkers appeals to me =).

8. Das Adin

Das Adin IncGamers Member

I use revives all the time seeing as I use a true summoner and not a CE hybrid. My favorite revive is Succubi. Yah, they cast curses, but not as often as you would think. They are fast, long ranged, spread out instantly after teleports, and never clump like huge melee units.

Urdars, Maulers, and Megademons are OK, but dont do quite as much damage as skeleton warriors and mostly get in the way. Yah, a stack of 45 Megademons and 17 Skellies can kill Pandamonium Diablo with just raw damage, but too often you are fighting more than one monster.

9. NecromanSassin

NecromanSassin IncGamers Member

I too think that all of the Succubi would have to be the best Revives. They are fast (enabling them to stay with you) they can cast curses (can be very helpful or very anooying) and their attacks deal physical damage (I think) making Amp. come to greater use.

10. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

One word: Cow.
    Get cows...they rock your nuts off. There are a LOT of them to get too, and in a Solo game, you can wipe out 50 of so in a minute...so it's easy to get a ton of them. At that point, getting hit is almost out of the question...there are just too many guys on the screen. Of course, Cows are pretty crappy revives for...ya know...killing stuff. If you have Enigma then they can be useful, but like the dudes above me said...ranged attackers rock.

In particular, Skeleton Archers, Dark Archers, Skeleton Magi, Spear Cats. They're all good. Also, Spectres. They're Physical immune, making them pretty much automatically awesome Tanks. They can STACK ON EACH OTHER, meaning they won't get stuck behind other minions, and they can move over open space. All in all, pretty awesome revives...

11. Perfect Hatred

Perfect Hatred IncGamers Member

"Spectres. They're Physical immune, making them pretty much automatically awesome Tanks"
    Well its a cool attribute I guess but when did you ever see a revive die in combat? My revives has 5 times the hitpoint of original monster so they wont ever die, immune or not.

12. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

Council Members. Easy to find and packs a Hydra!

13. Apophis

Apophis Banned

urdars are the b est imo

14. Perfect Hatred

What is Frenzytaurs? I am sure I have met them but I dont know which monster it is.

15. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

16. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Nicknamed "Frenzytaur" because they have their own version of the Frenzy skill, which they can charge up to increase their attack speed and running speed. They're really quite dangerous to fight against yourself, which is why they make such good revives. They also have one of the highest damaging attacks of any normal monsters, which is greatly boosted by Skeleton Mastery.

17. Perfect Hatred

The Moon lords and the others of the same class use Frenzy too?

18. Apophis

Apophis Banned

moonlords are so good because they have frenzy and a lot of dmg, if you make an army of them,you're unstoppable. .:))

19. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

If you plan to take the revived running around, revive FAST monsters (Moon Lord, Succubus, ...)
    If you want some cannon folder to cover your skelie in a skirmish, revive TOUGH monsters.
    If you fight in a narrow battlefield, revive MISSILE monsters.

20. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Frenzytaurs + Urdars FTW!!!