• One of the other Trade forums

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Anyee

Diabloii.Net Member
Deciding on the most important aspect of my powerpoint presentation

Yep, this is more important than the data, the pictures, the notes, and even the laser pointer. It's what background needs to show up in front of 10-30 of my classmates and teachers when I shut off powerpoint.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Painman

Diabloii.Net Member
Anyee said:
Yep, this is more important than the data, the pictures, the notes, and even the laser pointer. It's what background needs to show up in front of 10-30 of my classmates and teachers when I shut off powerpoint.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Got Quake 3?

I recommend digging around in its .pak files for floor and wall textures; some of them are wicked cool. I'm using one called "metaltech06final" on my desktop right now.

Silvermyst

Diabloii.Net Member
Nothing will make your data more relavent, accurate, and interesting, then a hot mostly naked chick framing it all.

Raft Boy

Diabloii.Net Member
Anakha1 said:
Before I vote in the poll, does the pic of Gaile show her hot and naked?
With your current avatar, this quote just cracks me up. I don't know why, really. It's early and I just woke up. :lol:

-Rafty

Anyee

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
you might want to add some explosions and swordfights

edit: oh, and cheese
I will find some place to put in a picture of cheese.

I agree with the assessment of Ankcalvinandhobbes' avatar being extra funny.

The picture of Gaile is hot, but not naked.

Freemason

Banned
You can't go wrong with Luis Royo

Oooh, here's a thought. Photoshop a bunch of Royo's hotties into one picture and use that! :drool:

If you do that I want a copy of it :clap:

SomeCanadianGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
I can't really give you a truthful answer without knowing two things. The first would be how serious of a presentation it is. And secondly, what the presentation looks like.

If your presentation is meant to be fun and entertaining, just as much as driven by facts, then I would say you have nothing to worry about posting a semi-naked pic. That is, assuming your teacher won't mind the semi-nudity either.

If you've got all sorts of flashy imagery and verbal quirks worked into the presentation, then an absolutely stunning finale to it all would be in order and easily justified. However, if your presentation is centered on cold, hard facts and evidence, a bright flashy display would simply be out of place. To put a brilliant picture of a semi-naked woman in such a context would be analogous to an Oscar winner receiving his award and giving a beautiful speech, then concluding by dancing around like an 8 year-old and taunting everyone who lost. It just wouldn't have its place there.

In my opinion, if your presentation is of the slightly dull persuasion, end it with a calm and soothing scenic type of picture. Something like a dark coniferous scenery if the rest of your presentation follows a dark pattern.

That's just my two cents. Hope it helped.