Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Deciding on a Barb Build need input Please.

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Ianrussell, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Ianrussell

Ianrussell Banned

Deciding on a Barb Build need input Please.

I'm tryin to decide what kind of barb i want to make. Would like to use the gear i have now to use but can get other gear if needed. I want a Barb that can take some Hits and slaughter a pack of cows if needed. I liked Hal's conc guide but not sure if i want to kill 1 mob at a time. my barb is level 52 right now.

His stats are:
    118 str
    102 Dex
    1xx some vit(all my stats but str and about 15 dex were put here)
    Base Energy

He has all 53 of his skill points available. His Gear is:

Arreats
    Cat Eye Ammy
    Butchers Pupil
    Gerke's sanctuary
    Shaft
    19/211 Raven
    27/72 Nagal
    String of Ears
    Goreriders
    Sigon Gloves(i Know these suck just havent found a decent replacement that i can wear at 52.

Any help would be apprciated and if you need more info about barb to make a conclusion let me know and i can get it.

2. Zhidkoe

Zhidkoe IncGamers Member

Check Hal's concentrate barb guide, that guy knows what he's talking about...

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

how did you get so much dex? what are your naked stats?

You have a lot of options:
    frenzy
    ww
    double throw
    conc + any of the above
    hybrids
    if you want a little area of effect.

at this point, if this is your first barb, read some of the .09 guides in the SC. this will help you narrow it down a bit.

right now, you are in pretty good shape. almost any type of barb is available to you. go ahead and allocate
    1 howl
    1 shout
    20 battle orders
    1 battle command
    now. pretty much every build incorporates that.

some information would help us help you too:
    1. can you twink more stuff down? what good weps do you have available?
    2. what class do you primarily play?
    3. what is your main goal with this char? (pvp, pvm, partying, rushing, etc.)

4. Ianrussell

Ianrussell Banned

OK naked stats are

Str 108
    Dex 39
    Vit 183
    Energy 10

I came back to diablo last month after having not played in over 2 years. I made a blizz sorc who is now 74 and is pretty much a mf. She has around 575% mf but it really only capable of doing nm pindle cause dolls are the bain of my existance whenever i try to do meph. For gear butchers is the best weapon i have available to me atm and i might be able to get better gear if needed but nothing that would cost more then a pul or so unless pindle starts dropping some good stuff. My main goal with this char is PvM and just leveling as fast as i can solo or with a party. I just want a build that can take hits like conc build but can kill many mobs at a time if needed. Sorry if this post sounds wierd its almost 4am and i'm tired :p Thanks for the help again guys apprciate it.

Edit: What charms should i snatch up i like charms for some reason dont know why just do hehe.

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

well, the best untwinked build is a conc + frenzy or ww. with thul/io/nef, you can make decent 1 clubs.

make some runeword items:
    rhyme shield
    stealth armor
    lore helm

some crafts:
    blood gloves
    blood belt
    blood ammy
    blood rings

i made it through with just this. craft any normal items so the level req is low. then, when you can upgrade to elite items and pass on the older stuff to an a2 merc.

this is a stat distribution i like:
    250 str (wear anything in the game)
    0-120 dex (wield 80% of the weps, 50% block in hell.)
    rest vit
    base nrg.

are you playing xpac or d2c?

right now, you need a wep. what runes do you have? up to pul?

6. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Why not just go with the conc barb, and the put your spares into whirl (which should get you at least 15 or more points into it)? Or, likewise, go with the typical whirl build, as one point of conc with 20 BO already does more damage than max whirlwind. Either of those work fine.

-Hal

7. Ianrussell

Ianrussell Banned

Thanks for replies guys)). So if i just go with the following skills is should be good?

1 Howl
    1 Shout
    20 Bo
    1 BC
    1 conc
    15ish WW
    Max mastery

Also what weapons can i get that is better then butchers that wont cost me an arm and a leg. For armor and stuff i think i'm pretty much set gonna get highlands ammy and find a pair of blood gloves or wait till i can use draculs or steelrend and yes Pul is the highest rune i own.

8. Two_Rivers

Two_Rivers IncGamers Member

another weapon you might want to look in to is gimmershred. Its fairly cheap (I got one for a snowclash on L-east) and does good damage, with a bunch of elemtal to deal with PIs. And it can be thrown for chuckles.