Decent staff for blizz sorc?

ndt

Diabloii.Net Member
Decent staff for blizz sorc?

Is this staff worth to forgo a shield for a pure blizzard sorc?

Glacial War Staff of Chain Lightning
Two-Hand Damage: 12 to 28
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Level: 45
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 66
Fingerprint: 0x68f9d700
+3 to Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Meteor (Sorceress Only)
150% Damage to Undead
+3 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
8% Chance to cast Level 5 Chain Lightning on attack

She is intended for NM Mephisto MF (SC) as I do not have any equipment for questing builds. I have a Fishy in Act 1 NM as well, but need a break from cursing :lol:

Any thoughts are apreciated. And please no gear offerings, I know you are generous but I want to stay self found (for now). Thanks.

Toppo

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, if you can handle Meph without a shield (and I do not see a reason why you shouldn't) then by all means use the staff until you get a decent orb to go with teh mf shield, Rhyme.

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Since you're beating up NM Meph, go for it. You'll probably still want to go Oculus/Lidless (with Gull/Rhyme switch) in the end (ie. once you've found them :) ), simply for the FCR (Teleport, Static). You really shouldn't need a shield for Meph because you shouldn't be getting hit!

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
That's a pretty sweet staff, and should kick nightmare Mephisto's ass easily. Might want to find a shield for Hell though...but for now it's hella sweet. Nightmare is all about the damage.

Jude

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, I agree that that's a nice staff! +3 to Cold skills and +3 to Blizzard plus 150% damage to Undead: Super cool! ;)
Jude

Well apart from the 2 main +skills, the rest is really just gravy, but +6 to blizz is impressive. what you have to think for hell is how much +skills for blizz would you get with a orb/shield, then factor in the blocking (very important with all the ranged monsters in hell you cant avoid with TP alot of the time) and res you'll get from the shield, as well as other useful mods other than +skills.
So yes, use it, but its not an end game item.