Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Decent Poison AND maxed BS!!!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Invictus_prime, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Invictus_prime

Invictus_prime IncGamers Member

Decent Poison AND maxed BS!!!

This build revolves around the fact that charges add to synergy. If this is only for certain items, then disregard.

The charges on the Runeword "Venom" effectively add 15 to PE and 15 to PN. So, if you have maxed PD, you get to multiply your damage by 6.6!!!! Decent eh? So it is not the MAXED poison, but it will allow you to do the following:

20 Poison Dagger
    20 Bone Spirit
    20 Bone Spear
    20 Teeth
    20 Bone Wall

Now just add Marrowalk...and You have MAXED BS/BS/TEETH and poison damage in the range of 5.5k with +skills.

Poison Nova, Poison Dagger, Bone Spirit, and Bone Spear all can appear as a charged item suffix. I am not sure what the cap is on the level of the skill...if the cap is close to 20 on any of these skills, you could manage to broaden your skills even farther.

Also, the Stone Runeword could increase your golem AR ( as long as you aren't using Clay ) by 320, which could make a Golemancer more viable.

2. Har-Megiddo

Har-Megiddo IncGamers Member

incorrect.

3. Amnesiac249

Amnesiac249 IncGamers Member

If what I've heard is correct, charges only add to synergies if there are no points other than the charges in that skill. I'm not even sure how right that is though, I've also heard the marrowalk thing is just a bug.

4. Invictus_prime

From what I've gathered is that the synergies from the charged items only apply if the level is higher than your current level. So you can skill points in the given skill. For the above build, however, this would not be optimal.

....and Har-Megiddo,....do you have a form of Terets that manifests itself when typing, or can you back up your claim??

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

If I read the Blizz reports correctly this is how it SHOULD work. But now it only works if there are NO points in the desired skill.

6. Invictus_prime

Hmm... Unfortunate. Guess that means you will have to start a new char if you find the appropriate gear.

Speaking of appropriate gear.... I am MFing and can't find anything! The only specific stuff I found so far for the ULTIMATE ( I have about 9 different "ultimates" on paper ) is Cleglaw's pincers for my Super-Slow-amancer-venom-dude. Do I have to shop on EBAY!, or is there some light at the end of the tunnel??

7. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

It is all pure luck and statistics. How many runs have you done so far? Don't forget that some things have drop chances of only 0.002%.