Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Decent Frenzy set up here?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Rimington50, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Rimington50

Rimington50 IncGamers Member

Decent Frenzy set up here?

I'm a PvM HC player, and I have recently taken interest in the Frenzy variant of the Barb. Not having too much in the way of some great equipment, but access to some decent stuff, I was wondering if this set up would be sufficient for keeping me alive in hell and killing at a nice pace.

Weapon:
    Oath Zerker
    Crescent Moon Zerker
    (not sure if I should go both the same or one and the other)

Helm:
    Arreats

Gloves:
    Not so sure yet... hopefully Dracul's?

Belt:
    String of Ears

Boots:
    Gore Riders

Rings:
    Raven Frost
    Some rare or such

Ammy:
    Atma's Scarab

Armor:
    Stone

I know it's not the greatest set up but I tried to make the best comination of what I have to fit the Frenzy build. I am hoping that the CTC of Static and Amp as well as the HoW charge will help a lot for damage and AR but am worrying about killing speed all together.

Thanks in advance for anyone who offers help.

2. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Looks ok, depending on you ar you might want to change the rare ring and ammy for angelic combo.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I second that... I would also definitely keep the Crescent Moon, because the static field will be totally sweet when you're attacking at 5 frames, will do more damage than 2xOath.

4. Rimington50

Thanks for the responses.

I was wondering if I should ditch oath and go for 2x Crescent Moon's. It would solve any problems I may have with AR and would allow me to use Atma's and there would be more frequent static fields cast.

Your thoughts?

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Ignores Targets Defence... does't work on bosses and champions, so if you completely forego Attack rating you will get into trouble eventually..Also if you get a good roll on Oath in an ethereal weapon the damage is sick, which helps with leech, also the bone spirit could be nice when dealing with PI's...lvl 20 bone spirit isn't very good but the 380-413 damage could be synergised with marrowwalks...interesting thought. If I got a good roll on a an ethereal Oath I'd go with one of each...If I got a bad one then Crescent Moon is probably better. The physical damage is kind of lowish, but if you combine crushing blow + static field=:)..Also remember that static can only bring a monster down to a certain amount of hit points so too much static isn't going to help you all that much (this probably won't be a problem with the 7% chance to cast but...

6. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

do u already have an oath zerker? If not, keep in mind that a 4 socket eth zerker is extremely difficult to find and will cost a lot to trade for. I think u should go for an ethereal oath small crescent instead since its much more common and a clean one automatically gets 4 sockets @ larzuk. Its only a bit slower than zerker (base 10 vs base 0) but has a higher average damage.

7. Rimington50

I'll definately consider that - thank you. I may have enough items to trade for Oath, but that discussion is for a different forum. :)

Regarding AR - I've heard dex is a bad way to boost your AR, and I think mastery, frenzy, the HoW charge from oath, and raven frost with angelic combo should be ok.

8. psych

psych IncGamers Member

If you would make your oath in an eth weapon (which you should do) you cannot use the HoW charges for a long time, because you won't have a way to repair them...