DEBATE: Socketing SS

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member
DEBATE: Socketing SS

As we all have probably read, FBR and FHR do weird things when both at high lvls. With that said, I raise the question of is it still good to sokect a SS with a Shael, or should we switch the socket to and Eld or something similar?

Also, if we keep the Shael in, should we only shoot for the 42 FHR Breakpoint or continue with the 86?

Discuss.
 

sablast

Diabloii.Net Member
Ink tested that, iirc his concusions were that is better either to have 4 frames hit recovery and 5 frames blocking, or 3 frames hit recovery and 6 frames blocking.
 

Rothe

Diabloii.Net Member
u could sock ber, too.


fhr: bloodfist + rare belt 24 + jalals 30 + sc 5 = 89 fhr

bered storm + eni = 51% dmgred
 

Clay bizzle

Diabloii.Net Member
sablast said:
Ink tested that, iirc his concusions were that is better either to have 4 frames hit recovery and 5 frames blocking, or 3 frames hit recovery and 6 frames blocking.
What breakpoints do you need to receive those frames? I just want to make sure and help conclude that for everyone else. 86% fhr = 3? 25% fbr = 6?
 

Kiba

Diabloii.Net Member
I took shael outa my ss a while ago and too be honest im satisfied with the results .

Seems like there is no differnce at all between a shaeled ss and a non shael , matter of fact seems like i blocked more with a non shael ss then a shaeld one when me and a freind tested it.
 

sablast

Diabloii.Net Member
Clay bizzle said:
What breakpoints do you need to receive those frames? I just want to make sure and help conclude that for everyone else. 86% fhr = 3? 25% fbr = 6?
42% fhr = 4 frames hit recovery
86% fhr = 3
27% fbr = 6 frames blocking
48% fbr = 5
for a werewolf
 

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess it depends...

I use a Bear, which are cursed with terrible fhr either way :[
I just use a Jalal w Shael and a Vertungos which gives me 60% there, which drops me from 13--> 7 fhr I believe.

I mean, I suppose u could crank all that xtra fhr to get me down to 6 at around 90fhr (86 i think?) but it just seems like a wasted of time, just go for better block or resistance imo. Wolfs are already blessed with great fhr and I don't think that the xtra frame is gonna' be life or death unless youre a hardcore dueler against smiters etc, and even if you are... BLOOD FISTS dude! ><
And I dunno, I don't think block speed is so important, but I could be wrong

my say : /
-if you have all this dexterity+good resists--> Eld
-ur lacking resists, say around 50-60s--> Um (+22all resists ya'll)

*I know people have situational gear for resists/duels but I still think people should have max resists in just norm play :thumbsup:
 

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
Rothe said:
u could sock ber, too.


fhr: bloodfist + rare belt 24 + jalals 30 + sc 5 = 89 fhr

bered storm + eni = 51% dmgred
Yeah, tru... but most people'd prolly be using dungos+ss anyways which works more effective and leaves room on ss for block, resists, etc
Seems like a waste of a hi rune
 

Bulgarian

Banned
Verashiden said:
As we all have probably read, FBR and FHR do weird things when both at high lvls. With that said, I raise the question of is it still good to sokect a SS with a Shael, or should we switch the socket to and Eld or something similar?

Also, if we keep the Shael in, should we only shoot for the 42 FHR Breakpoint or continue with the 86?

Discuss.
Huh?

What does FBR and FHR do at high levels that is "wierd"?
 

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member
When you have both high FHR and high FBR you actually block less frequently then if one was high and the other was low.

Hm, perhaps I'll just put a Pdiamond into my SS then. I'm still curious for someone else to test this uot and confirm it though.
 

Bulgarian

Banned
Verashiden said:
When you have both high FHR and high FBR you actually block less frequently then if one was high and the other was low.

Hm, perhaps I'll just put a Pdiamond into my SS then. I'm still curious for someone else to test this uot and confirm it though.
is this for all characters? only druid? human form?
 

Bulgarian

Banned
So if a druid in werewolf form reaches the 48 fbr breakpoint and 86 fhr bp he recovers fasters then he recovers from a block?

o_O
 
Top