Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Death's Web and block question

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by SgtPPS, Mar 9, 2004.

1. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

Death's Web and block question

How rare is this drop ? And who can drop it ? who is the best to run looking for it ?

also i have full trangs on and i am currently lvl 80 with 61% block now should i get this up higher ? I want to try and do some pvp games since i am going p/s hybrid (ladder)

Also drinks on me since I hit 80th lvl :drink: :buddies:

2. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

Well I got a Death's web a while back from hell pindle, who can drop pretty much anything I think... It's pretty rare so don't expect one soon. I was getting a few unearthed wands in the games prior so I was super stoked when I got one that was unique.... Traded it off for a homoculus with a buddy...

There is a bug with full trangs since the vamp form does not have a block animation you can't block no matter how high your chance to block is. At least that is the way I interpret it. I could be a little mistaken...

I took my summoner to the max vit route. I'm still waiting on my final peice of trangs (wing/wang) I hate giving up my shako and other nice mf gear but we'll see.. maybe I'll make a new summoner with poision skills if I ever get the piece I need.

3. SgtPPS

SgtPPS IncGamers Member

well if that is the truth about the block then i messed up. as far as the deaths web that would be great for posion. at 80th lvl and still need a good resist + skills ammy my pd is 8.5 k my pe is 18 k and my pn is 4k but that is using a armor of leoric so i was thinking a death web would be better because with full trangs you get -25 enemys posion resist and i have a 5/4 facet in it so that is -29% and death web can be from -40 to-50 more then top that with lr.

4. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

don't think you made a terrible mistake... however I might suggest the following...

remove one peice of trangs.. (helm perhaps replace with shako or the like)

then you'll gain blocking advantage and still have fire skills. I don't know for sure but switching to a homoculus and your dex may raise you to max block anyway...

But if you're dead set on Full trangs then you won't want all that dex.

5. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

I have full Trang and I'm 99% sure I block. There is just no animation. It's kinda a silent block. :scratch:

6. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

According to the the monster data on d2data.net the Dark Lord and other forms of Vampire monster have a block rate. The Dark Lord has a 24% chance of block and Night Lord has a 23%. There seems to be no animation to support this but apparently they can still do it. So I'd say that blocking is possible when in Vampire form even without an animation.

In fact, surprisingly, nearly every monster in the game has a block rate with even Zombies having a 3% cahnce to block :surprise: .

There are other problems with the full Trangs like run / walk and casting rate so replacing the helm with a Shako would probably be a good option losing few skills and other benifits of the full set.

For a poison based Necro the Trang Oul Wing is superior to the Homunculous due to the -25% poison resist and it has a very good blocking chance for a Necro head of 60% compared to the superb 72% for Homunculous.

7. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Oops sorry forgot to mention.

The Death Web is a very rare item and difficult to get. It is a weapon 87 TC with a qlvl of 74, which means Pindle can drop but Diablo and Meph can't. I was lucky enough to get one in the WSK2 near the waypoint off a unique boss :bow: So search in the Pit and WSK and other level 85 areas or run Baal or Pindle.

Good Luck.