Death vs oath concentrate barb

cmmaret75

Diabloii.Net Member
So as the title implies, i have an oath eth balrog blade that rolled 310%ed. But i also have vex and gul to make a death. I guess my question is does the CB/DS from death offset or outweight the ias of oath. Also does off wep ias affect concentrate? If so i would prob be able to go with death. Another questions would be what weapon to put the death in. A side note is that i 100% plan to play with a shield.
My other gear is as follows:
Vampgaze+um
Leviathan+um
Stormshield+um
String of ears
Goblin toes
Ias blood gloves
Cats eye amulet
Blood raven
AR/resist blood ring
Barb torch with 1 combat GC.

Act 5 merc:
Rockstopper
Duress
Lawbringer phase blade

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd say if you get Highlords and/or G-face, oath is better due to speed. It's a matter of personal preference, I have fun playing with both oath and death tbh

cmmaret75

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm. Well another note is that i jsut switched vampgaze for andys so now i have 40%ias from off wep stuff. Idk if this would hlp death at all with conc but i think il try it to see anyways. If i cant decide il just roll frenzy and use both haha

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm. Well another note is that i jsut switched vampgaze for andys so now i have 40%ias from off wep stuff. Idk if this would hlp death at all with conc but i think il try it to see anyways. If i cant decide il just roll frenzy and use both haha
Yeah, Frenzy is more fun than concentrate imo ;)

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Ditch the skiller. Personally, I would go for Oath for the speed. Death, for me, is a weapon that I mostly consider with a fanazealot - not that it is the best option there either, generally speaking.

cmmaret75

Diabloii.Net Member
Here is a question. IF I spect frenzy. Would oath/death be a decent combo? I alrdy have both and they r good rolls. Also, i have a crescent moon phase blade to for consideration. Frenzy speed goes on the main hand wep right? So couldnt i equip oath in main for speed and death in off hand for cb/ds? Just a though. Btw death and oath attack at the same speed with concentrate for me.

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
Here is a question. IF I spect frenzy. Would oath/death be a decent combo? I alrdy have both and they r good rolls. Also, i have a crescent moon phase blade to for consideration. Frenzy speed goes on the main hand wep right? So couldnt i equip oath in main for speed and death in off hand for cb/ds? Just a though. Btw death and oath attack at the same speed with concentrate for me.

Oath and Death is a nice combo, yes main wep