Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Death of TQ Immortal Throne

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by In the name of Zod, Apr 21, 2008.

1. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Death of TQ Immortal Throne

This is a blab so you've been warned.

Been looking around for an rpg that'll make decent use of my aging rig (Athlon 3200+ with a upgraded 8600gt). Found this game Titan Quest, mmmm I thought - it looks nice. Bzzzzt wrong! Its a very pretty game and all but I just started on it the day before the developers decided to shut shop. Errr Zero.

Anyhow as I've come to understand it, the story is something like this. Developer makes blatant rip-off of Diablo 2, developer struggles to get sales, developer makes no money so they cry foul saying that pirates killed their pretty little game company. (yes there some missed out)

Someone should have told them that "the greatest risk of all is never to take a risk" [in relation to game design/development]. The bottom line is both Titans Quest and its expansion Immortal Throne both suck holes so big they could sink the Queen Vic in a minute flat. Its a sad day when developers are capable of soooooo much [technically] but truely achieve so little.

Maybe we're better off without developers that just want to rip off other peoples creative works by just adding some technical shine to the product and calling it theirs.

After 3 months of playing around its back to D2 for me. The mother!

2. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

Re: Death of TQ Immortal Throne

I had the same problem with TQ that I have with Hellgate: London:

The skill trees are weak and lack the "Woah" factor that *crowbar swings* had for me. The sheer number of completely different builds in *crowbar swings* for a single class was impressive, compared to games like HG:L (which basically has just one per class, or two if you count the builds that don't work well).

TQ also had a problem of power scaling. Playing for an hour to level up, just to find that your hard earned skill point can go to adding a point and a half of damage to your lightning bolt was not very compelling.

3. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

LOL, yeah and lets not forget about the whopping great 2 attribute points you get per level up. Like wow, go rock you socks of with 2 huge points. There was also the introduction of some mods that just weren't called for. Was piercing and piercing resistance needed or just added for the hell of it? Just makes you wonder really.

4. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

TQ only held my attention for a few weeks. It's basically a little bit simpler D2 clone with pretty graphics. The game is fun, but given how similar it was to D2, it was hard to get into.

Plus, the overwhelming amount of people who hacked online just irked me.

Not to mention that playing online was a friggin' lag-fest, even on a good connection.

I own the game, but not the expansion, and I might play it again SP, but then again, maybe I won't.