Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Death of a Necro

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by SoL-Rich, Feb 5, 2004.

1. SoL-Rich

SoL-Rich IncGamers Member

Death of a Necro

SoL-Cryptpopper was a lvl 72 necro who soloed his way to A1 Hell. He found a Gull dagger when Andy died in Normal. Later, in NM, a Goldwrap popped out of a chest and he became a MFer(415mf). He never found anything insane but I had a blast getting him into Hell by himself. He was truly untwinked. Before the patch SoL-Clan would play together and share items. After the patch I never saw another SoL and had to fend for myself.

He died from my impatience. I had heard about the Hell Pit and was giving it a try. I would hit outer WP and run through Highland to pit. The drops were great and I was in heaven. In my haste I realized I had made this run to the pit without any TPs and knew there was less than 5 minutes in my game so I made the run back to Outer. I passed several packs of undesirables and barely squeezed through the door of the Monastary. I took the WP, got TPs, and came back to Outer, ready to make the run back to the Pit. As I sprinted through the door, the pack organized and a superunique Park Ranger stopped me in my tracks and proceeded to cajole a girlie scream out of me. After staring at the deeds screen I decided I needed to play with my 2 kids.

A few lessons learned:
    1. The Pit is the best MF area in the game.
    2. Never be in a hurry in Hell.
    3. It is just a game. Rebuild and be wiser next time.

I've never posted a death in the 2+ years of playing HC but I was quite attached to this character. He died from my impatience. I didn't delete him right away, hoping for a rollback, but I need to move on.

Thanks for listening.

-Rich

2. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Impatience/greed, greed not being a bad word just the meaning of doing something more dangerous than just making a new game because you just MUST maximize time. Another comparison is the 2 min Meph run that teles blindly vs the 3-5 min one that involves strategic tele and some walking for safety!

I think in your spot i would of made a new game vs run back and then back again! hind sight is always 20/20!

Good job with your Necro and GL on the next attempt.

3. lenman

lenman IncGamers Member

yah, I lost my 89 wind druid in the pit because of my hurriedness. those archers are no joke to be sure. sorry man.

4. Muad'Dib

Muad'Dib IncGamers Member

The archers take down 3k life in less than a minute if they spawn cursed, aura enchant and so on.

5. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Yes, Dark Archers are my worst nightmare.
    How ppl do all this pit runs without a problem with them I'll never know.

6. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

1 Solution of many... Light Trapsins... Cast 4 LS and 1 DS, rinse and repeat... collect.

Of course there will always be those occasional LI's - have merc and SM hunt it down w/ LR wand on switch.

7. ___

___ IncGamers Member

so true.. and so easy

and yes the pit is the best im now convinced.. after finding tals plate there this morning :p

8. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Actually, the big problem with the archers in the pit is that they *are* lightning immune... they were the only thing in there that even made my trapper blink. Everything else in there is easy pickings for a LS/DS sin.

9. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

Liberal use of dim vision and a strong bone armor are really good for archers (and piercing java-cats). They probably hit for 100-150 or so with no mods, so maybe 3-4 times that amount when you hit a bad mod boss. Bone armor can suck that up pretty easily though. I've noticed that my merc gets absolutely TRUCKED by archer packs that I can just absorb, because he doesn't have that recastable health. Try using marrowwalks on your next necro, it'll give very nice bone armor absorb.

10. SoL-Rich

SoL-Rich IncGamers Member

Rebuilding

Thanks to everyone who posted. I learned a lot and am already remaking my new Necro, Fleshrenderer. See you all on USEast.

-Rich

11. Deadbolt'd

Deadbolt'd IncGamers Member

This may be a bit off topic, but I have a question before I waste time levelling any almost useless characters. Which character, in your opinion, is the best to run the Pit (in hell, obviously)? Are there any cold/ physical immunes that spawn in packs to stop a wind druid? Thanks,

DB

12. annr

annr IncGamers Member

a pretty pretty javazon baby, she flies with her merc + manly valk.

13. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

The Pit in Hell is full of Cold Immunes, so Cold Sorcs don't really work... not sure about Wind Druids though. I assume they'd work alright as long as you know how to use your Tornadoes, because Hurricane is gonna be pretty useless. The most popular builds are Skellymancers, Trapasins, Javazons and Hammerdins, but my Conc Barb is having a surprisingly easy time down there. He's not the fastest killer, but from what everone else said I just assumed he'd be completely useless... not the case at all.

14. Venomous_Marci

Venomous_Marci IncGamers Member

I can relate to your story, SoL-Rich. My necro summomer Joe_Minonaire at lvl 81 got killed in the pit few days ago. Bad combo of archers& not enough patience. Archers were fanatical aura enchanted and cursed. It all happened so fast, my might merc went down instantly and I tried to run back but I got amped and the next salvo got me..deeds of valor indeed. Just like yours mine was untwinked and managed to get through Nm and normal easily with a laughable gear. It was hard to come to terms with him dying, but it's just a game, I keep telling myself. I decided to rebuild him, yet still dont know if I should go with blocking, not sure if it would help me survive that encounter. I had almost 900hp of life it didnt matter..I wasnt careful enough..and now I too know your pain.