Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Death Cleaver Zerker Axe

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by The Trenches, May 28, 2005.

1. The Trenches

The Trenches IncGamers Member

Death Cleaver Zerker Axe

First off id like to thank everyone on this board for theyre knowledge and sometimes freakishly obbsesive number crunching so that the rest of us can make sense of it all ;)

Ive been a lurker here for months now,and i figured i may as well join the community seeing as to how X years after this games release,im still highly addicted :D

Alright,before this turns into a rant,my question is as follows;

Ive recently aqcuired a Death Cleaver Zerker Axe (Non-Eth :( ) on Non ladder us east.The axe currently has a shael in it and the stats are as follows:

Dmg=84 to 251
    Very Fast Attack Speed
    +60% Increased Attack Speed
    +254% Enhanced Damage
    66% Deadly Strike
    +7 Life after each Kill

Now im thinking of putting an Ohm rune in there for an Extra 50% Enhanced Damage since its not eth..

In summation,what do you guys think,waste of an Ohm,good idea,bad idea,etc.??

Any feedback is appreciated

Trench

2. eLight

eLight IncGamers Member

For what char are you gonna use it?

3. The Trenches

A zealot basically.

Helm-Vamp Gaze (Trying to get Coa)

Armor- Nigma

Shield-Exile

Belt-Dungos

Gloves-Steelrends

Amy-Hi-lords

Rings raven frost x2

4. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

How are you going to put an Ohm on it when you already have a Shael in it?

5. The Trenches

Uhh by Un-socketing it

6. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

I assume you mean fanat zealot, and i say go for it, because as long as you have lvl 23 fanat, which you do, i can tell by your gear, all you need is 15%(which is provided by highlords) IAS to hit 4 frame attack. so shael is wasted. Go with the ohm.
    Also don't use 2 ravenfrost, switch one out for either a duel leach ring or a Bul-cathos

7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If you have a fana-zealot, shael is a waste on that weapon in any case, as already said.

If you have a 80% or less chance for a critical strike, I would put a Lo rune into that weapon instead. Lo is better than Ohm for any weapon with more than 150%ed in such a case and on non-ladder it's less expensive wiith a greater effect on damage. Lo adds 20% to the chance of dealing a critical strike which doubles total damage, effectively making it a (100+254)*1.2%-100% = 324% weapon.

On ladder (which is not the case here), I would go for the ultimate zealot weapon and get a Grief phaseblade or its components for Ohm plus the DC.

8. The Trenches

Thanks guys :) I knew you guys would come thru for me.

Alright,i guess im off to find a Lo :p

9. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

you could also go for um...25% ow packs a mean punch at least in pvp...

10. Angel_Dusted

Angel_Dusted IncGamers Member

May not matter to you, but if you're making a zealot get some sort of high def armor instead of the Enigma (which is actually rather weak for a zealer). Examples such as etheral Arkaine's, Leviatan, Duress, Stone, Templar's Might, etc. all work well for a PvP Zealot. If you'll be PvMing it then don't worry as much, but if you're trying for PvP you'll get eaten alive with an Enigma :lol:

11. FodderCannoned

ohm is better than LO, Death cleaver gives 66% chance of deadly strike, and highlords adds(depending on level) 30% say, and i assume he is using gorerider boots thats even more, so go with the ohm, because Deadly strike maxes at 95%.

I assume he is pvm looking at his gear so engima isn't bad for him.

12. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Hmm, thats right. I guess that zealot also wears Goreriders which he might need for having CB. That means, even without Highlord's, he would already have 81% CS, wasting 6% from Lo.

Anyway, I don't like the idea of adding even more %ed to that weapon. Another option would be a Ber rune which adds 20% CB. You can exchange Goreriders then, e.g. for Sandstorm Trek or Shadow Dancers. The CS from Gores is wasted anyway because Highlord's and DC already add 95% CS from L74 on.

13. The Trenches

Hmmmm, Indeed i am using gores,sorry bout forgetting to mention em.

I have a plus 2 Tmight but i was going for enig for the obvious extra str enab ling me to spend more on vitality.I guess its all a matter of PvM VS PvP...

If i wanted to do a little of both with this paly,what would most theadequate/effective gear setup be?

I do like the tmight,but that horrendously high str req is such a turn off :confused:

Well i just got an Eth Botd Zerker so the whole Dcleaver project's on hold for now,but the ber idea for CB sounded interesting...

Might sound dumb,but why would i want to wear dancers on a paly???

Trenches

14. FodderCannoned

for more faster hit recovery i guess, I would never wear them on my zealot though, I would use double upped goblin toes before I would use dancers for the FHR.

Here are my suggested changes for PvP
    angelic amulet and 1 ring, keep one ravenfrost, switch out exile for Stormshield(with Um) as exile is BM, this with the verdungos gets you to max DR, so switch helms to either giant skull, Orphans call helm(forgot name), or andys vissage if you need the IAS, and socket with Um's, armor should be either eth durress or eth stone, i like eth stone because it makes it easy to get to 78% FHR breakpoint, and the higher defense makes you harder to hit.

I like to keep a kiras gaurdian, um'd hoz, and gloom in my stash if i know i am going to face alot of elemental damage, you should be able to tell when you join a game.

For PvM maybe change out the steelrends for draculs, as 10% LL is a big help in staying alive, maybe change the helm for a shako to get more MF, and if you are still cruising along, change the belt for a goldwrap.