Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Death Cleaver is underrated

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Nathanjk, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Nathanjk

Nathanjk IncGamers Member

Death Cleaver is underrated

I dont understand why more people dont talk about this weapon as much for a zealot. With fana you only need an extra 20 ias which can be found on many pairs of gloves. When compared to an Eth botd zerker axe they have about the same damage...well sort of. I have one that is almost perfect and is socketed with a 35% ed jewel. This brings its average damage up to 195 compared to close to around 325 for an eth botd zerker. However if you add 66% deadly strike you have 324 average damage for the cleaver.

I know many people use boots and helm with 15% deadly strike each and so do I so that narrows the DS game some. However there is still a 50% gap reducing the DCs advantage some. Also BOTD users can use a highlords for more deadly strike and reduce the gap to 25%.

However not being able to use maras forces you to use more resist charms which means you cant use as many 9 max damage xxar charms which reduces your damage. I realize that BOTD has other advantages as well but I did want to point out that there isn't as big of a gap between these 2 in damage as many people believe and the true damage isn't shown in the damage window.

2. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Etheral BotD zerker is better, because a number of +%ed sources only add to the base damage of the weapon, not the total damage of the weapon. Only a zod-Etheral Death Cleaver can beat BotD in some cases.

BTW, how did you get the conclusion Death Cleaver is underrated? They ARE expensive, especially among dueling barbs.

3. illa

illa IncGamers Member

Only a zod-Etheral Death Cleaver can beat BotD in some cases.
    ---------------

Its allready indestructable :)

4. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

for a melee pala ,

pro weapon would have to be Etherel ZOded Razor's Edge Tomahawk with over 200% ed.

Notice i said over 200 ed. this is because of its damage. It needs to be over 200% or its kind of weak.
    this is more damge then most weapons and has excellent ds / ow ratio..

50/50% each. + gives ias and decent damge with -33 def. Very nice weapon.

5. illa

illa IncGamers Member

Wouldn't say that with its crap range...

6. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

I'd use Death Clever.... if I could find it. Stupid luck... :grrr: BotD are way overrated IMO. You clearly don't need it to solo hell anywhere on P8 in SP too.

7. Nathanjk

Nathanjk IncGamers Member

I was just saying that they are underrated for zealots. They are a great weapon for zealots yet I rarely hear them mentioned among the top weapon choices. One thing people probably dont consider also is that you can add something into their socket which you cant do with botd.

8. redalert

redalert IncGamers Member

Too bad the only thing you would put into eth Death Cleaver would be zod =).

9. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member