Death by spaghetti whirlwind - Perkele reaches 99

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Incredible.

I can't believe you double clicked on your char then used H for hell mode when you could have hit enter + H instead of having to click.

:p

zticazzy

Diabloii.Net Member
Incredible.

I can't believe you double clicked on your char then used H for hell mode when you could have hit enter + H instead of having to click.

Believe me I tried, but I can't do it properly! I swear, I really can't do it! I'm sorry *runs away crying*

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I don't think I made one because 1.07 is lame. I mean, it was still 15k council runs but *shrug*

Necrodancer is a great name

edit: I'm also just notoriously lazy when it comes to character write-ups. Lots of guardians I never bothered writing about.

Last edited:

Cyrax

Diabloii.Net Member
Who needs graphics when you have amazing gameplay? ;) Just take it easy, at first you can try to get a char close to the end, then see what happens. Nobody forces you to reach 99 with a char you don't like, and nobody forces you to finish your sept, except for the entire SPF, I mean. :p
It's certainly not the graphics that kept me going for so long and if i return it won't be because of graphics either. Gameplay is what it's all about.

Yeah, nobody but myself. I'm my own worst enemy.

Because: 1) I don't like to fiddle with third party programs, even the harmless gomule (I always use a copy of the .d2s file to get the readouts); 2) Simply put, I just don't like playing twinked. Too easy for a fan of roguelikes like me, perhaps.
I get your point. Twinked and untwinked are two totally different worlds. Still i play twinked most of the time, but i do have untwinked chars. For me they're not mutually exclusive. Untwinked chars can mule stuff off, but not on. That way it's still up for grabs for my twinked chars while also being able to play untwinked when i like.

Tons of hours of gameplay and I still have to see a single DF, DW, Astreon's, or steel pillar, to name a few... so yeah, maybe next time. :)
It's a shame that signing up by proxy isn't allowed or i would've signed you up for the next one right now. :p Grail is a tricky thing. Despite 4 99-ers i'm still only at -2. Hoping to get closer this MFO, but things are not looking good. Then again one could get lucky and find the two missing within 5 mins. That winged harpoon eluded my for a long time too. After that i think i found like 3 more in relative quick succession. Diablo gods are a fickle bunch.

Incredible.

Crap, i noticed that too, but somehow forgot to mention it.

hasuprotoss

Diabloii.Net Member
Incredible.

So, I'm actually curious on this. Do you two-hand this part of it (right hand hits the enter, left hand hits H) or do you just slide your left hand over? Either feels more awkward to me than the double click + H method!

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
uhh I'm not sure lol. I do both. Right now I feel the urge to use 2 hands but in the past I know I've done it with one hand consistently. This might be because I took a long break or something. Not too sure.

/nocontext

Hookipa

Diabloii.Net Member
Just "wow", what an achievement and dedication.
I don't know whether to start a petition to build a statue for you and your deication or to call a psichiatric ward to get you admitted.

So I'll just stick with, "wow".

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
I didn't know that you could just hit 'enter' to just use the selected character. Used it for some 300 Pindle runs this evening, got my average time down to 19 seconds :). So thanks for the tip !!!

I didn't manage to get the pinky on the 'h' button though. But didn't have the impression that it made that much difference that I just clicked 'Hell' instead ...

Cyrax

Diabloii.Net Member
It's all about the left hand slide. Index on enter, pinky on h. You've even got a nice loading screen to get your hand back to your hotkeys!
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works!

Click with mousehand to bring up char screen. This has a slight loading time. Which gives just enough time to use index finger of mousehand on the enter at the numpad which is very, very close to the mouse at the far right of your keyboard. In the meantime the left hand is already well positioned on the H. And that ladies and gentlemen is how it's done. :cool:

zticazzy

Diabloii.Net Member
Index on enter and pinky on H? I can't do it comfortably, you guys sure have huge hands! :D

@scrcrw I wanted to personally thank you for your videos, your tactics made the difference in my run times and survivability. So, what happened to yy? Judging from your videos he was almost at 99.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works!

Click with mousehand to bring up char screen. This has a slight loading time. Which gives just enough time to use index finger of mousehand on the enter at the numpad which is very, very close to the mouse at the far right of your keyboard. In the meantime the left hand is already well positioned on the H. And that ladies and gentlemen is how it's done. :cool:
Wow, forgot there was an enter on that part of the keyboard. I don't even use the numpad (don't hit me)

Clicking on "hell" always carries a risk of clicking on nm, imo. There is still that small risk with the N key being below H but that's only happened to me like 3 times, so...

XyleneCyanol

Diabloii.Net Member
lol, I'm using my laptop most of the time, so no numpad.

My routine is that when hitting save and exit, it will take a few seconds. During that time, move my left hand in place, with little finger on H, and index finger on Enter. Then, right hand move cursor to "Single player" and left click. This bit you could imagine and practice. Sometime when you get the time right, the menu screen (single player, battle.net screen) won't even show up. Then left hand enter+H, and during loading, move left hand back to ASDF ...

Gripphon

Diabloii.Net Member
Only the godfather spf legends use enter+h technique! The rest of us click on either char or difficulty or both. Enter+H too hard (why to move hands around if they can be at place all the time!)
A bit of unreal tourney instagib practice and you can click on char as fast as you can select it with enter.

Cyrax

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, forgot there was an enter on that part of the keyboard. I don't even use the numpad (don't hit me)

Clicking on "hell" always carries a risk of clicking on nm, imo. There is still that small risk with the N key being below H but that's only happened to me like 3 times, so...
I can't forget it. At work there's an application that only works on that enter and not on the regular enter key. Which is annoying as sometimes i have to give a demonstration on my laptop which doesn't have that. Then i have to fool around using 'Fn' + regular enter.

In case of accidentally clicking NM -> go to windows and terminate application through task management. Should save your map.