Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

death bug

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by goltar25, May 6, 2005.

1. goltar25

goltar25 IncGamers Member

death bug

Last night, while hosting a tcp/ip game in Chaos Sanctuary, Hell diff., softcore I died to an oblivion knight. However, instead of bringing up the you have died, press esc to return to town screen, I appeared right over my corpse. I had no gear on, had 1 hp, and was able to run around and see monsters/items that had already spawned. However, I could not activate anything, pick up any items, retrieve my corpse, or hurt monsters. If I attacked a monster, I would punch at them, but never hit them. The monsters did not see me there. I could not go through a town portal, and the areas beyond the current area in memory could not be loaded, and I had a black space that could not be entered. After closing the game and restarting, this happened again. This time, I completely closed d2 and rebooted, and it did not happen anymore. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

experienced the same thing on closed bnet. Its just plain lag. nothing to do I guess... :(

3. goltar25

goltar25 IncGamers Member

That doesn't make any sense for a tcp/ip game though. As host, the game is run directly on my computer, not on a separate server. I should have almost no lag above and beyond what I normally have in single player. And I was mp'ing with my wife, both of us on the same lan, in the same room. So lag should not have been an issue for me at all (she was on the older and slower computer, and that one lags easily, but she was able to keep playing just fine).

4. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

Where you playing a necromancer?

It happend to me when playing a necro with a blood golem.

Seems that when u die at the moment you leach life back, u become trapped like that.

It happend to me 3 or 4 times and always with a necro using a blood golem

Bert

5. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Just a huge lag. Always happens to my slow connection. You are actually in town.

6. zirilion

zirilion IncGamers Member

heh that happened to me
    with a pala in pvp combat on ladder.
    i think it can be both a lag and a bug
    since my friend told me that i was not in town an he didnt see me near my body

i tried to run as far as i could but i came to a black area which you usually get in a lag