Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Death and the Language of Happiness

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by YayNoCops, Jun 10, 2005.

1. YayNoCops

YayNoCops IncGamers Member

Death and the Language of Happiness

I have a few questions about dieing:

Do you guys know if there’s a point in nightmare & hell where you stop loosing exp when you die? I died like 10 times in a row and it seemed like I stopped losing exp after the white exp bar went down to nothing.

Secondly, if you have multiple corpses, and you save and exit which one will be “waiting for you†when you restart the game? Is it random? Is there just one corpse with all the combined equipment of all the corpses? Is there just one corpse with combined equipment of all the other corpses but with only one of each item type, i.e. armor, Helm, boots, gloves etc (in essence if you had died twice with two different helms only one of the would be there)? If so, is there a system that governs which one gets dropped? The reason I ask is, part of the reason I died so often was trying to recover my fist and second corpses naked. I didn’t want to risk loosing my main equipment or my backup equipment or some combination of the two, but if I don't need to worry about losing anything on a restart I'll gladly take the exp hit.

Thanks for your input.

2. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

im not sure about the first question, but i believe you still get docked exp, you jsut cant lose a level due to dieing.

If you die multiple times, and then exit, the next game will have the corpse with most expensive equipment. Meaning if you were going back naked each time, the initial one will have the most monetary value (seeing as its the only one with equipment) and it will be waiting for you in the next game if you exit.

Also realize that there is a limit to how many corpses one can have (16 i believe).

3. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

1 : i dont think taht you loose exp after you reach the minimum exp for the level you are on. based on the recomandation to try hell ancients just after you leveled up

2 : beware that the "most valuable" item may not be the one you actualy want, the game thinks for example that some rare rings are worth more than sojs^^ so, my advice, just dont equip anything new and if you dont make it to your corpse, reconect

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

true, you can not lose any more experience after dying, when you have reached the minimum experience for the level you are. You can never lose levels.

16 corpses are max, yes.

Thumbrule is to never equip something new after dying and having a corpse out. Its not worth it, since you might lose it.
    Therefore, if you do not re-equip anything after dying, the corpse that will spawn at your feet in a new game will contain all your items. If you with multiple corpses for instance would have two weapons which both need to use the same weapon slot, well, one of them will be lost. not worth it. better to do an instant save and exit after the first corpse then ;)

5. Lensor

Lensor Banned

Or play hardcore, problem solved :D