Dean wins Vermont...

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not suprised, and I don't think it has anything to do with vermont voters being dumb. Voting in presidential contests in vermont is great, we have like .000043 electoral votes so we can vote for whomever we want without worrying about the consequences. Also, since the dem primary is a pre-election that barely matters, I'm sure most voters were just making a point voting for dean.

The really dumb voters are the ones in Killington, VT, who recently voted to succeed from vermont and join new hampshire...

SuggestiveName said:
The really dumb voters are the ones in Killington, VT, who recently voted to succeed from vermont and join new hampshire...
Cheap booze, lower taxes, ... dumb?!?!? :scratch:

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Wait, I didn't mean dumb, I meant greedy. Since Killington is a ski town it hauls in A LOT of revenue, and pays taxes on this. Then these taxes are combined with taxes from all other towns and redistributed rather evenly. (simplification.)

So since Killington is getting back less than it paid, and really poor towns are getting money to have good schools, Killington is all like "THIS NOT FAIR!!!" "J0 IZ COMMIE NOOBZ, KTHXBYE."

Lone_C

Diabloii.Net Member
Even though Dean technically dropped out, he still urged his supporters to vote for him IIRC, so I'm not the least bit surprised he carried his home state.