Dealing with leeches

Creep

Banned
Dealing with leeches

Just wondering if any of you have any dirty tricks, tactics or techniques to deter ppl from leeching in your baal runs etc.

Don't really think it is right to tele down to baal, potentially chewing a couple of full juvs along the way only to have to do all the killing as well, while some lazy pally stands in the middle of the spawn point and does nothing except pick up stuff that drops, including the full juvs.

Discuss

RequiemDeath

Diabloii.Net Member
Define a leech? As in, someone that is more than capable of killing, but doesn't, or someone in the game period? Cause, as far as I've ever seen, most people fire all they have at the minions to hopfully get the last hit in for more exp... As for the drops, it's a public game... Nothing you can really do about that...

However, if it becomes a problem for you, just lay back and let them get pounded while you get the drops... The leechers will either die, or leave, or just not come back for the next game... $.02

*Requiem_Death

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
umm be quicker?

lets see giving the nature of bnet and in an 8 player game with 3 sorcs a hammerdin a ww druid pretty much just take me out of the picture. the animation and lag i just crazy.

its not worth jumping my guy in their so he can just lagg himself.

I mostly go after the gold hehe. i am doing something standing there. i am offering moral support.

its all just a matter of opinion.

i could be supervising the whole operation.

if you don't like it go solo will fix you right up.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
I can usually kill pretty quickly by myself when I'm hosting a Baal run, so whether they want to help kill or not is fine by me.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
If it's a Pally and you have access to Bone Wall you could annoy them temporarily, other than that not much.

Creep

Banned
If it's a Pally and you have access to Bone Wall you could annoy them temporarily, other than that not much.
Thanks anyway, at least its a start, thanks for being the only one to offer a useful reply instead of just post farming.

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
umm be quicker?

lets see giving the nature of bnet and in an 8 player game with 3 sorcs a hammerdin a ww druid pretty much just take me out of the picture. the animation and lag i just crazy.

its not worth jumping my guy in their so he can just lagg himself.

I mostly go after the gold hehe. i am doing something standing there. i am offering moral support.

its all just a matter of opinion.

i could be supervising the whole operation.

if you don't like it go solo will fix you right up.
A WW Druid? What the hell is that? :shocked:
(Wind Druid I know, and Barbarian/Assassin that use the skill WhirlWind)

RequiemDeath

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks anyway, at least its a start, thanks for being the only one to offer a useful reply instead of just post farming.
Excuse me? That was uncalled for... I think we all offered advice on what WE do... Sorry you didn't like it... :rolleyes:

*Requiem_Death

EDIT: Post count +1

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
ww druid = werewolf

Telekenesis gold and pots mostly when playing sorc, other then that I'm not sure. :azn:
And if they're weak one standing in the center they're asking for you to stop killing and let them die on the minions of destruction wave. :rolleyes:

If they spam "tp", make one in the center of an enemy pack and tele away. Seeing "[Spamer name] was killed by XXX" when you contiunue teleing does help keep the mood up :evil:

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
That's really quite rude - as was pointed out, there's no need to make comments like this. People gave responses they felt were relevant, if you don't like it, that's not their fault.

At any rate. There's nothing you can do about leechers. If you want to worry about it, go for it, but there will ALWAYS be pubs who will stand in the middle of everything snatching up every last coin/pot/itam that drops. If you want to tell them not to do that, and put some kind of consequence on it, then you need do either do private baal runs with friends only, or try and go through the hassle of unpartying them. The latter rarely works, by the way.

::Edit:: Oh yeah... post = post ++

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
If they spam "tp", make one in the center of an enemy pack and tele away. Seeing "[Spamer name] was killed by XXX" when you contiunue teleing does help keep the mood up :evil:
Meh, that was my evebot's unique move, how dare you copying it!

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
I prefer to let them draw a million hell cows then quit with my necro watching them go

xxx kill by hell cow about 100 times

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Considering this was to Dondrei, I presume it was irony. :wink3:

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Dude, just learn to deal with the leechers. You're gonna get them anyways because of all the people who got rushed to hell Baal or whatever and can't do anything to help. And it's not like you can force them to help you kill the minions if they're just standing there not doing anything.
Most of the Baal runs I've been in have always had a bunch of people targeting their spells or whatever at the spawning area anyways, so it's not too much of a problem.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Dude, just learn to deal with the leechers. You're gonna get them anyways because of all the people who got rushed to hell Baal or whatever and can't do anything to help. And it's not like you can force them to help you kill the minions if they're just standing there not doing anything.
Most of the Baal runs I've been in have always had a bunch of people targeting their spells or whatever at the spawning area anyways, so it's not too much of a problem.
His problem seems to lie not with the fact that people don't help kill (well, somewhat, from what I gathered, but not entirely), and rather with the fact that someone keeps taking the leet itamz he wants to whore for himself.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Blegh, well when I leech with my guys, I don't usually stand right in the middle anyways since I'm often AFK. I guess you just gotta be fast, nabbing the D2 items is first come first serve anyways.

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
Meh, that was my evebot's unique move, how dare you copying it!
Ah don't worry, when they where cursing and threatening too kill me I of course gave you the credit, I told them it was your idea all along and you who made me do it :girly::wink3:

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah don't worry, when they where cursing and threatening too kill me I of course gave you the credit, I told them it was your idea all along and you who made me do it :girly::wink3:
No wonder some pubbies know my name :azn:
Now gimme 10% charge for the idea. Soj only please.

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
Realize that not everyone who stands around in a baal game is leeching. Some people have such craptastic computers that they can't even move, let alone attack.

Thynqikan

Diabloii.Net Member
If you must play on ladder ...

Buy 7 computers capable of running diablo2. Hook them all up to a network with the one you currently have. Purchase 7 more copies of Diablo2 and the expansion ( I recommend the Diablo battle chest ). Play toons on 8 different accounts and level them all to be capable of playing in Hell Difficulty. Note you could play only one toon through all the quests/ acts and bring your "mules" through each with your main to minimize the amount of playtime required to get 8 hell difficulty capable toons on 8 different accounts. Then play 8 player "solo" games.
This method is a surefire way of preventing leeches.

I personally am up to 4 comps/ 4 battlechests, but I no longer play on ladder.

Thynqikan