Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Deadly strike : Ar glitch ??

Discussion in 'PvP' started by PheonixLeader, Oct 21, 2006.

1. PheonixLeader

PheonixLeader IncGamers Member

Deadly strike : Ar glitch ??

Hi,

I was dueling one of the best zealer in USeast Ladder ( Pleading ) with my reg. setup (coa, angelics) and i tryed somthing else to see if i can do better (i was killing him 1/8-10). So, i put my ber'd Gface, Highlord and 2xhigh raven.
    My attack rating drop to 13k (from 22k with coa build) and it seems im hitting twice better. I'm even killing him 1/2-3 of the time now.. lol

It seems that deadly strike (over a xx%) will boost ur ar by an hidden amount (so a glitch). Is that true or it was luck?... over 40xduels? Don't think so.

I would need some tips/comment about other meleer that saw that too or just some dude that know links to site(s) that are talking about that, rumors, etc.

For the love of Pure melee duels,

Thx

2. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

doubt its glitch
    you hit less but when you hit, it hurts more
    sounds like the DS/CB setup was more balanced vs the guys def than the ar one.
    not too hard to work out an average damage dealt considering ar so try that and see which is better.

3. Grove

Grove IncGamers Member

thats just luck that you managed to take him down with such small ar. imho zealots are the the most inconsistant melee character out there. sure when you build 1 and duel a lot you get a general idea of how you compare to others which i totally agree with, but i really dont think how precise you can be in a duel can at all compare to a well built conc barb or fury druid. so thats my excuse for claiming this luck. that and i just HIGHLY doubt its some sort of glitch. theres just an increased chance to land a double dmg hit but a decreased chance to actually hit your opponent. the fact that you may have been hitting "more" is a fluke.

4. PheonixLeader

What you both guy said is already know by any good meleer in d2... the more ar amount u have, the more hits u'll land. But what i'm actually saying, is that i was landing twice more hits on him (saying he have an average 78kdef). If it was luck, i won't win 1/2-3 duel vs him for like 2xhours dueling...

And i didnt talk about CB because CB in pvp is decrease by what...1/8 of the effect? Something like that.

The only thing i cant understand is that vs other zealers (less stronger that the one im talking about), i have trouble to hit. It seems that vs a high def char, DS are dealing more dmg than vs lower def char.

5. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Now how do you know you hit twice as much? It could simply be that you did more damage over time (which of course is correct).

Versus 50% DR it takes away 5% of the life of your opponent per CB.

Simple: luck. Of course, if the difference in the Chance to Hit is big enough, it will be better to use high AR than higher DS, due to the fact that if you hit more over a time with a little over damage, it will be better than hitting once or twice for double the damage.

6. PheonixLeader

[Now how do you know you hit twice as much? It could simply be that you did more damage over time (which of course is correct)]

*Cote option was being an *** ..

Well, using a setup, hitting 2xhit and be kill. Changed to DS setup and kill him.
    That over 3-4xhours.

7. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Hitting double the amount does not matter if your damage is way lower.

8. Grove

Grove IncGamers Member

zeal duels are so much luck. zealers can kick out 10k damage if they wanted and if that were to ds that would destroy their opponent since zealots dont have much over 3.5k life, most only have 3. its plain and simple you were getting lucky with your hits when you dropped all the way down to 12k ar. if you cant put 2 and 2 together ds its a %CHANCE to be set off, so obviously its somewhat consistant but more random then anything. you may have gone w/ more ds and gotten big hits and done more dmg but in the long run it was a fluke and i wouldnt suggest dueling with 12k ar all the time. and what are you talking about dueling for 3-4x hours? you duel the same guy for 3 hours straight just to test this?

9. PheonixLeader

We were like 5 in a priv game for 4hours, all buddy i know. But tomorrow we done the same game and i was loosing more, try up again my coa build and win some. SO, i would say just having 2x build and change somtime is better..

10. RedWingz

RedWingz Banned

i dont think it exist if it did more people would know bout it

11. Grove

Grove IncGamers Member

yeah i totally agree with having more then 1 setup. the more you use your melee char the more youre going to learn about both him AND how to take out certain people. i have over 6 different setups on my fury druid that i swap between depending on who im dueling. sure you can make a cc pala like everyone else and do average but theres always gonna be someone out there youll end up duelin where switchin certain gear may make the duel easier for you.