Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Deadly/Critical Strike and Multiple Attack Skills

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ZeN, May 14, 2005.

1. ZeN

ZeN IncGamers Member

Deadly/Critical Strike and Multiple Attack Skills

Hi there.

I have finally managed to overcome the ( known to some ) dislike towards melee and started two new characters: Fanazealot and Strafer. Both use Highlord's and with some gear on the Zealot ( Gore Riders and Guillaume's Face ) he gets to 50 - 55% and Strafer gets with maxed CS ( yeah, i know, its pure strafer so not that much to invest skill points into ) to 75% ( CS/DS ).

If I recognize it correctly, the animation for the DS/CS is that little blueish cloud over the char that goes off. I have watched it on both chars and I would expect it to go off much more with those percentages ( especially on the strafer with 9/2 strafe ).

Now to the question.

Does the animation mislead me or do I not understand the mechanics? Is it actually goes off at those 50%/75%, but the in-game graphics are screwed thus not allowing me to see it? Or CS on the strafer has a different animation, which I didn't notice? Or is it something else?

Thanks.

EDIT: By the way, they both are at 95% to hit ( according to LCS )

2. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

At first, CS and DS exclude each other. If CS is rolled, then DS is ignored...if CS fails then DS is rolled

The blue swirls are indicating mana leech, just like the red swirl is for life leech

You can find the graphics for CS from Arreat Summit:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/amazon-passive.shtml

I don't know if DS has the same graphical effect though, I believe not

3. ZeN

ZeN IncGamers Member

I know that "chance to do double damage" = CS + (DS/100%)(100% - CS), so yeah - they do exclude each other. When saying 75% I was referring to the combined ( by the formulae above ) percentage.

And no, its not mana leach cloud. It is much like the Inner Sight cloud, except that I do not cast it nor do I have a Rogue merc to cast it.

By the looks on that CS animation I can see now that its hard to notice and it different from what I thought it was.

Here is a screenshot:

Now, after thinking it over - the screenshots above show the DS animation and I can barely see CS animation so it must be me. It actually goes off OK, I just can't see the CS, which goes off the majority of the time.

4. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

CS graphics show as a sharp bright light on the target.

5. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Rather than maxing CS, wouldnt it may sense to add points to valk and D/E/A skills, since these will probably help a lot more, espeically in hell.

6. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

That looks like Holy Bolt to me. Is your zon possibly using LoH or GSA?

7. ToastedTacoGuy

ToastedTacoGuy IncGamers Member

that graphic looks similar to the holy bolt graphic, is your strafer wearing LoH?

8. ZeN

ZeN IncGamers Member

Damn, stupid me. Of course its the GSA's FoH or LoH HB!!!

@FB - well, with +skills, D/E/A will be somewhere near 50%, so its not that important. Besides, I do not use Valkyrie, so there some spare points. I'll see how she does in Hell.

Edit: LoH it is. FoH has no noticeable onchar grafics.

9. Immortal_Slayer

Immortal_Slayer IncGamers Member

Valkyrie's are like a must for strafezons...That's their only tank, along with their merc, to stop enemies from hitting you....I recommend at least having a 17 valkyrie so it can get it's warpike.

-Slayer

10. ZeN

ZeN IncGamers Member

I prefer Decoy. I wouldn't expect Valk to kill things anyway, and it almost constantly gets lost and wonders around, thus forcing me to recast her. I'd better recast decoy. Anyway, the only danger is ranged attackers, so...

11. farting bob

farting bob Banned

a maxed valk is stronger than a merc, and doesnt cost 50k every time he dies. and if you have good D/E/A then she becomes a very good tank. My only zon to make mat had a maxed valk, and against the agiansts (after a FE reroll) she didnt need a recast. my merc died pretty quick so she was the only tank.