Deadly & Class-specific jewelry mod

Kitriara

Diabloii.Net Member
Deadly & Class-specific jewelry mod

As someone who plays untwinked hardcore, I have always been sad that the old 1.07-1.08 crafting recipes were removed from the game. I couldnt find a mod that reinstated them in 1.10, so I figured, what the hell, lemme do some research and see if I can just do it myself!

That was about 5 hours ago, and surprisingly it was pretty easy to do.

I readded the recipes for the 4 deadly items and all class-specific rings/amulets (even fixed the sorc/necro ammy switch). Any character can craft anything as long as you have the right ingredients. Any time the recipe called for "any other item" I just omitted the need for it because seriously... thats pointless.

The barb amulet only receives the chances for skills on his amulet since slash damage, his other modifier, didnt make the final cut in the game. Also fixed the sorc ring bug that existed on the realms... you get the right amount of faster cast now.

The deadly items need to be made using a magic version of the item called for.

I did NOT bother adding any of the other recipes, since honestly, the runewords - and rares, really - are just as good if not better than all of the class specific gloves and whatnot... they're nothing special. Decided not to waste my time.

And now the point of all this!...

I really just did this for myself, but I figure there may be those who would be interested in having this option available, so I wanted to throw this out there. I'd have to host it on my own webspace and link to it, so I wont do that until AlterEgo gives me some kind of input/ruling on this.

Also was just interested to see the general response from people... maybe I'm the only one who thought those were worth having. I'm gonna go game for a few hours and play around with these crafts now, but I'll check this thread after a while.
 

essojay

Diabloii.Net Member
Mods like that should be ok, but as usual, some people may choose not to MP or trade with others who use them.
 

bradley_turner

Diabloii.Net Member
Can you post a list of the recipes and what they do, or a link to them? I'm thinking of starting over completely fresh and completely solo, and those kind of things might make a big difference to the fun level.
 

Kitriara

Diabloii.Net Member
http://www.diabloii.net/items/crafted/recipes-class-rings.shtml

Up in the upper right are the links for the amulets and deadly items as well. The recipes seem like they give an untwinked character that little edge they may need to make it through hell.

Mostly the rings are awesome because you have a shot at getting +1 skills on them.

If you're want a copy of it just send me a PM and I'll get it to you. I managed to get a +1 paladin skills ring this afternoon and it was just so FUN seeing a new item after 5 years. I'm sad Blizzard ever took these out.
 

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Kitriara said:
I'd have to host it on my own webspace and link to it, so I wont do that until AlterEgo gives me some kind of input/ruling on this.
No problem with a link to your webspace. :thumbsup: Some folks may find this worth downloading. Just be sure to declare this mod when trading or MPing.
 

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
If these work in 1.07 and 1.08 how come nobody ever brought one of them forward? :scratch: Runes impossible to get or something?
 

Ragnarod

DiabloII.Net Pal
Nightfish said:
If these work in 1.07 and 1.08 how come nobody ever brought one of them forward? :scratch: Runes impossible to get or something?
They were only activated in bnet for a short while, never in SP :(
 

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Boo! Ah well, at least that saves me the time of playing .07/.08 HC for a few leet +2 skill rings...
 

Kitriara

Diabloii.Net Member
Such cool recipes for the rings and ammys. Gives you a shot at actually getting something fairly decent without finding a unique or set item.

I'll upload it to my website and post a link in a bit.
 

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks Kitriara. :thumbsup:

Just a little reminder though... If you use this mod and MP, either segregate your character/items, or declare to others that you use this mod.

Also, and this is very important - any items you craft with this mod CANNOT be traded on these forums. The rules only allow trading of items that can spawn in the vanilla game. Bliz never activated these items for SP, so they are off limits. I also would strongly discourage trading ANY items found while using the mod.

edit: Those reminders were not directed at you Kitriara, but at anyone who uses the mod. ;)
 

Kitriara

Diabloii.Net Member
No problem, I dont trade anyways. Like I said, I pretty much made this for myself, just figured I'd share.

Thanks for letting me link to it!
 

Darkwell

Diabloii.Net Member
Kitriara, do these still hold true for the crafted items using your mod?

From AS

At ilvls 1-30, there's a 40% chance of 1 affix and a 20% chance each of 2, 3 or 4 affixes.
At ilvls 31-50, there's a 60% chance of 2 affixes and a 20% chance each of 3 or 4 affixes.
At ilvls 51-70, there's an 80% chance of 3 affixes and a 20% chance of 4 affixes.
At ilvls 71+, there's a 100% chance of 4 affixes.
 
Top