Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dead Becouse Of A Bug In Throne

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by mantralord, Feb 15, 2004.

1. mantralord

mantralord IncGamers Member

Dead Becouse Of A Bug In Throne

I was doin baalruns with my lvl 89 hc-ladder-hammerdin as usual when the game started lagging...I waited about 10 sec before i decided to quit...I had at that point about 4k life, 20k def, 75% blockrate, and was standing far from any possible enemies. When i tried to join a new game i couldn´t...The buttons for creat and join game where greyed out as if i was dead. However when i looked at my char i wasn´t dead nor alive. I had NO picture. What the f**k has happened?? Am i dead or what?? A buddy who where in the game told me i died of 1 stroke by one of the act3 minions and i quit the game before he had a chance to loot my corpse. can anyone explain to me how i can die by one strike by an act3 minion??? especially with the stats i had at the time...(if it had been fana, extra strong lister i wouldn´t complain but...this is outrageous!) If my char wont be able to play with again i will seriously consider stop playing diablo since all the f**king bugs that exists in this game! All chars i died with so far on hc has died becouse of bugs. I dont expect to get my char back but i would like to recommend blizzard to FIX ALL BUGS!!! I hate to lose all things which i managed to collect during months of playing! F**K THIS...(just so you guys know i lost: HOTO(35%), Shako(um), Zaka(197%), Arachnid, Bul ring(3%), P raven, 3*skillers and more good stuff!)

2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

This type of character display has existed for a long time ie. if you were lagging horribly and died while in this horrible state of lag and then were dropped from the game your character will show up invisible in the character selection and chat screens. Unforunately (ask any veteran HC player) this means your character IS DEAD and blizzard will NOT restore it. You simply fell for a huge case of lag in a very tough high damage (baal's minion waves) situation. As for how you died, the fire enchanted bug (fire enchanted hits doing 3473262626 damage in one hit out of nowhere for no apparent reason) has been fixed in hell so i don't believe that was the problem. You may have gotten something ugly such as conviction bartuc (you said act3 minion wave so i assume that) who could have slapped you senseless (conviction would lower your defense to practically nothing with those monster levels) with his buddies while hydras pummeled you in large numberes (council members seem to have a fetish for casting mass hydras in 1.10) would kill a pally even like yourself in a few seconds. If this was not the reason of HOW you took so much damage, have no idea what else could do so much damage on the council minion wave.

3. Deadbolt'd

Deadbolt'd IncGamers Member

The only thing I can think of is a fire enchanted with lots of life on death explosion, or maybe the lag was affecting everyone and it looked like 1 slash to your friend. Either way, sorry about your loss.

DB

4. -Janus-

-Janus- IncGamers Member

Bugs like that, and lag in general are the main reasons why I will never play hc, i've had too many fluke deaths in sc to even think about playing hc and losing all my hard found items. Sorry to hear about your loss though.

5. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

Hrmm 1 hit 1 kill? Coulda been a extra strong, fanat cursed..they said it was 1 hit..but that extra fast coulda been more like 2 hits...

6. pollyester

pollyester IncGamers Member

prolly extra strong + cursed + fana + fire enchanted

7. SkeleDude

SkeleDude IncGamers Member

That's just an element of hardcore. 10 seconds of lag in solo hell baal would generally mean death. Gotta deal with it, happens to everyone when you play so many hours.

8. phase42

phase42 IncGamers Member

I'm starting to come to the opinion that, if Blizzard doesn't seriously upgrade their system to deal with the lag, they'd better not expect me to buy World of Warcraft (which I've been looking forward to).

I realize that the lag isn't all at the server end - after all, there are at least 16 hops between me and uswest.battle.net, according to traceroute. But I remember hearing that the 1.10 patch was supposed to reduce lag by eliminating hacking/duping/bots/etc. If anything, I'm experiencing far worse lag lately than I ever experienced prior to 1.10.

9. bronzdragon5545

bronzdragon5545 IncGamers Member

damn right simple as that