Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

De Seis Seal = bannage

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SuggestiveName, Mar 6, 2004.

1. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

De Seis Seal = bannage

I don't usually make posts like this, but I am so infuriated I just had to.

I'm sure most everyone knows that the Lord de Seis seal in the chaos sanctuary is bugged and can be hard to open at times. I do mf chaos sanctuary runs so I run into this seal often enough. Usually when it doesn't open, I just tp to town, buy something, and when I get back the seal works.

So today, in 10 runs, the seal was buggy 9 times. By this ninth time I was so pissed off I decided, "Screw this seal, I'm clicking it until it damn well opens."

I must have clicked it about 30 or 40 time, quite quickly, when ...all of a sudden...

CONNECTION INTERRUPTED

REALM DOWN

I did the usual waiting of 30 minutes, figuring this was just a little bnet hiccup that we are all so accustomed to by now. But when I tried to log back on, I find that my account has been disabled. I don't use maphack or anything, all I did was click on the de seis seal alot, and because of Blizzards incredibly leet programing skills I got my account banned for cheating.

I think I'll go drink alot or something, might as well exchange one addiction for another eh?

PS: If I have trades open with you in the trade forum, consider my offers retracted.

EDIT: I was gonna drink a lot anyways, don't think I'm that depressed over the loss of this account.

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

That plain sucks man. Maybe a bunch of us here can flood bilzzard with email complaints about that?

3. Hoyunah

Hoyunah IncGamers Member

man that really does suck....
    Its sorta scary too... who knows wut other crap u might get banned for

4. SuggestiveName

Yeah, I emailed blizz but I have about as much chance of them fixing this as I do of growing a third arm...

...btw you have fallen from pal-ness, gorny. That is so un-leet.

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Yeah I did a two month deal, was supposed to end 3 weeks ago! :)
    I''l re pal soon enough. I doubt I will be yellow though :(

6. ColorWolf

ColorWolf IncGamers Member

Heh, i was playing as a sorc in D2C and i am usually the "seal opener" in the group... omg it's so frustrating that you telekinesis it like 10000 times and it still not open while those doomknights are running toward you and you have to report to the group you can't open it... while that hammerdin spammed like 10000 hammers already.

7. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

god thats just frightening. Now people can get banned from bnet for PLAYING THE GAME!!!! chaos sanctuary already is barely played long enough to get rushed through it. Do they want the 1 in like 5000 people that actually make a second trip there in a difficulty level to stop doing that too?

be sure to check again suggestive, maybe something screwed up.

8. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

I agree keep trying. I have stuff happen like this all the time. I usually have to disable my internet connection, reconnect, disconnect, reconnet. And if it still doesnt work, I shut down, wait 30 sec, start up, reconnect...and make sure I.....go........real.....slow......with everything, since this game is so fragile like that.
    When i get frustrated sometimes I just hit the keys real fast, alot of times I get shutdown the way you describe, and its all I can do to, to not bash the front of my PC open, take the cd out, and break it while hurting myself, as i crack it into little pieces, against my head, while screaming damn you!!, damn you!!, DAMN YOU!!.........there always that good feeling, that one day...one day i will forever stop playing this game...and I get to plan the execution of this cd and its evil ways.....fuk it..the comp will go to, guilty by association!

9. fluff

fluff IncGamers Member

Oh dear, that's a bastard :( Really sorry man!

10. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

Check your realm... ^_^
    If not, best of luck.

11. SuggestiveName

As of now I'm still boned. I'll check again tomorrow. Suckage.

12. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

I really hope Blizz will listen to your complaint. If you need help, let us know.

13. ColorWolf

ColorWolf IncGamers Member

Actually most people in classic makes over hundreds of trips to CS... personally my (lvl 89) sorc had opened the seal for over 500 times... but anyway, i found that if you can't open the seal it's best to leave it alone for a few seconds and then try it again... it usually works the third or fourth time you try it.

14. kle02

kle02 IncGamers Member

Actually I've found my own way of opening that damned seal, if it doesnt open proceed to the other 2 seals.
    My order goes Balrogs---->De Seis (if possible)----->Vizier. Usually if the 2nd seal wont open skip to the other one then come back and it should open.

15. Sir_LogiC

Sir_LogiC IncGamers Member

that sucks a heap, wouldnt want that to happen to me. hope you get your account back

16. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

I MF in Chaos Sanctuary also. I haven't yet experienced any problems with opening seals, but I'm obviously concerned.

Please keep us updated with your account situation, SN. I hope you get it back.

17. Saytan

Saytan IncGamers Member

Ive had the disconnection/realm down on De Sais seal too but christ i didnt banned for it that just sucks! :rant: Ive known about that bug for a while now in fact i remember someone posting on the bugs forum about it a few months back. But it always just ended up with a realm down for 15 min or so nothing as bad as an account being disabled :(

18. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

This is the first time I hear there is a bug with that seal - should be obvious to me as it happens to me far too frequently.

Good luck with your account, I am sure that you will be helped.

-Backdoor Bandit

19. Gorny

Gorny Banned

How goes things ?

20. Jugalator

Jugalator IncGamers Member

Well, Blizzard won't do anything during the weekend at least ;)

Chances are that they send an automated reply in hopes that it solves the problem. Just keep in mind that it *is* a human being reading your mail, and sends you those automated things. So if it doesn't help (don't ignore their auto-answer but do try to do what it says), reply back again and tell that it didn't solve your problem and try to explain it once again. Include the former messages so they can track your mail exchange and know that the previous tip didn't help. Most mail programs do this as a quote. Otherwise, they'll likely send you the same reply again.

Things to keep in mind: use a mature tone ;), include essentials such as account name and realm, maybe also estimated time when you were banned. Tell them that you've been banned for over a day, if you have. That should hopefully make it clear to them that it's more than a bnet fluke.

I've sent them a mail at [email protected] before, and got a personal non-auto reply the day after, so they're sure reading them quite soon at least. :)