Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DClone Question

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Xodus_Wing, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Xodus_Wing

Xodus_Wing IncGamers Member

DClone Question

Does DClone EVER drop anything in classic? I killed him like 20 min ago and nothing :( I was hoping for a soj or something.

2. dougolasjr

dougolasjr IncGamers Member

Nah I killed him and he didn't drop anything, and from what I heard from others is that he doesn't.

3. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Last I killed him he didn't drop anything and my XP bar didn't budge either.

4. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

in classic, it's all about bragging/screenshotting. he offers no drops, and indeed no xp.

however, if you die to him, I have seen a significant xp drop... (in 1.10 I made the mistake of trying him with a lvl 80 summoner, and well, it was disasterous :eek: )

5. DougDadyUsWest

DougDadyUsWest IncGamers Member

He doesn't share exp for the party, but whoever lands the killing blow will get the exp, and it's the same as a solo kill, so it's pretty good exp. I believe he was worth more than original diablo, but it's been a long time since I've fought uber diablo.

and yes, no drops from him. just a fun thing to say you did. not worth trying to find him, but sometimes he will find you :shocked:

6. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I just killed him last night, solo, with my lvl 91 din, in a trade game, in flayer (edge of kurast, guessing treewood/stormwood or whatever his name is was the spawning boss).

zero, zilch, nada exp. I have 9800 hammers, had a lvl 29 BO, and it took me 3 manapots worth of hammering him to kill... (obviously base energy build)

I say solo kill. there were 4, or 5 bodies of lower levels that had been trying to kill him, but naked, they all quickly died from his armageddon (or so that's the spell I've been told he launches) - especially when they were naked, and trying to recover bodies.

unfortunately, I was using the laptop on him, and didn't have my D2 session in a window. the screen capture turned out completely crummy.

the only way I have been able to get screen captures for trade items to turn out well, is by launching D2 in a window... if there is another way, I'll grab another screen cap the next time I run into him :)

oh, the annoying thing, after you kill him, the ground still shakes for new people entering the game... leading people to keep talking about it, long after he's dead (game doesn't end when CloneD is killed, and regular D will not spawn in such games either, as I cleared out the CS, and popped all the seals afterwards)

7. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

How are you taking the screen captures at the moment?

8. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

simple print screen, paste into graphics app, file save as.

works beautifully if D2 is in window'ed mode. in full screen, it looks pixellated, and like 8bit color... in other words like something my 6 year old son colored...

9. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

After pressing Print Screen, a screenshot should be saved into your D2 folder automatically (titled something like Screenshot###.jpg). You shouldn't need to paste into an image program :wink3:

10. WarlockCC

Do you have a slowdown right after you take your first screenshot of the session ? Cause then you might have a whole lotta screenshots in your Diablo dir already, Goomba. :)
    Orphan, can you shed some insight into the 'Diablo Clone giving XP or not in classic' issue ? I killed him aswell and didn't see my XP go up, while DougDaddy is certain Dclone does give XP, but only to the one that gives the killing blow (something I did aswell when I killed him). Though for me it is far too long ago for me to remember everything clearly. I just remember that he was a nice chalenge and he didn't drop anything or give xp.

11. dougolasjr

dougolasjr IncGamers Member

12. WarlockCC

Ah, Raka-spawned.

I think I have some screenies of him somewhere aswell, now if only I had all of my screenshots in the same place. :)

13. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

guess it helps if I had read the manual, or done even more reading *Sheepish grin* I probably have it still then... since it was on this laptop, I'm off to look...

14. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

hrm. as usualy, my memory of the events wasn't completely accurate. I guess a couple of the party members managed to survive part of the attack, or else I grabbed the screen shot while they were trying to recover their bodies.

*Shrug*

regardless, I had to keep hitting the "n" key to keep clearing the messages on the screen from their deaths spamming ths screen :p

and, I guess I may have used all 4 mana pots... hrm...

http://www.ninefrozentoes.net/Screenshot002.jpg

15. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

Wow, Flayer spawned? Amazing where he pops up sometimes. :shocked:

- Akukami

16. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I dragged him from kurast. stormwood/treewood, whatever his name is, was the spawning boss :)

it originally was a full "act 1 game" in which I was flayering the baba/mfing.

they all panic'ed, but could not find him in act 1 (or check the later acts.)

I completed my flayer run (including dungeon) and all of a sudden saw the armageddong going off as I leapt over the river...

I quickly leapt back over, hit a TP, and waited for someone to leave, so I could get my Din in, on the laptop. tossed the BO gear on the baba, BO'ed Spiny, and went to town on him :) (my baba wasn't even making a dent in him)

17. quadeddie

quadeddie IncGamers Member

Is there some sort of spawning order like Raka first, etc.? If it was an act1 game, I assume they probably already killed Raka, so he had to hop to another host.

Does he have regen? I'm wondering why a decent baba couldn't hurt him...

18. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I do not know of a 'spawning order'. the legends that I had given to me, indicated that he spawned as the next 'boss monster' a player made contact with immediately at the "Diablo walks the earh' message.

I never said my baba was "decent" - even though he was doing roughly 1400 dmg ww's at the time. I have read where he has insane elemental resistances, insane iron skin, and insane levels of regen, on top of insane levels of life.

previously, in one of my encounters with him, I was partied, and operating as a blizzer, and using static on him in between dropping 2500 blizzards on his head. didn't make a dent that way either. *Shrug* not sure if an FOHer's conviction would have helped or not.

my sorc died to him, I'm glad the baba didn't, he's about 3/4 of teh way to levelling :)

19. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

I don't play classic much, but I do remember him giving exp back in 1.10 (probably mid 2004). If I had to speculate, I'd say that he does give exp, but it's just not enough to warrant a bar move for most players. Despite the fact that he's a mlvl 110 creature, his exp modifier is almost half that of Baal (in expansion) and would be on par with Diablo. Note that I'm talking about the exp modifer here. DClone would still give more exp than Diablo because of the higher mlvl.

Though, as I said before, I don't play Classic much so I can only speculate. Dclone is meant to give exp, but whether there's an issue with classic I'm not sure.

20. broc

broc IncGamers Member