Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dclone question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by sinnergy, Feb 17, 2004.

1. sinnergy

sinnergy IncGamers Member

Dclone question

I'm sure this has been asked before but I could not find the answer in the forums anywhere. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on dclone spawning and more importantly the soj messages that appear. Do people actually sell their soj to merchant to spawn him? If they do, are they able to buy it back from the merchant to resell it? I would hate to lose a soj trying to spawn clone.

2. Richard-gm39

Richard-gm39 IncGamers Member

You can't buy your soj back after you sell it to a merchant.
    It certainly starts spammimg ' soj to merchants' when you sell one but noone really knows if it has any effect on the dc appearing, and if it does it is not known how many you need to sell for the clone to appear.

It is just luck which makes him appear in your game. A useful trick is to leave your chrcter in a passworded game overnight and when u return in the morning hopefully 'Diablo Walks The Earth'

3. Suryl

Suryl USEast Trading Moderator

Actually, when you create a game on bnet you get connected to one of many servers. The counter is specific for each server. So that as sojs are sold in 1 game on a server, every game on that server receives the message. So that when enough sojs are sold in any and all games on that server all hell games, whether or not they sold sojs in that game, receive the diablo clone.

As for how many sojs are necessary for him to appear, only bnet knows for certain as they do not completely reset the counter each time. Guesses are from 80 to 150.

4. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

80 to 150 is a pretty good estimation. It seems that when it comes to players selling sojs, the number that needs to be sold is never exactly the same.

I'm working on a DClone guide as we speak, sinnergy. It should be ready sometime within the next week and a half or so. Keep an eye on the community forums for it. :)

5. sinnergy

sinnergy IncGamers Member

Thanks, I look forward to reading the guide. Was lucky enough to get 1 annihilus but a few more for my other characters would be nice to have. :)

6. SmKGrNs

SmKGrNs Banned

I'm in a game that said diablo walks the earth but i cant find dclone anywhere, what do i do?

7. Richard-gm39

Richard-gm39 IncGamers Member

You shouldnt have trouble finding him. Just walk around and the next Super-Unique monster will Spawn as the clone. Some people Spawn him as Eldrich ( near Frigid Wp, Act 5) , then run down and kill Shenk. When Shenk dies everything on the screen is also killed. You should then have a nice USC on the ground :surprise:

8. Orbstu

Orbstu IncGamers Member

From searching various DClone Irc channels and web sites, the general thoughts are that it takes 75-125 SOJ's sold to trigger a walk and the counters are never reset so I will give an example:

If on server 212 Diablo walked after 150 Soj the next time he will walk on that server will be in the range of 225-275. Remember it is server specific.

9. Criku

Criku IncGamers Member

AFAIK it is patched, and Dclone doesn´t die by this kind of tricks anymore.

10. kingcu

kingcu IncGamers Member

Sorry, but this is the first time that I hear the word "Dclone". Can someone explain to me what it is and why it is worth so many SOJs to get? :scratch: