Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dclone paladin

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Wolfedude, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

Dclone paladin

I have recently been thinking about making a designated Dclone killer and have decided that a vengence/conviction paladin using something along the line of baranor's or the lightsabre for a weapon might just be the ticket. I know that a hammerdin is supposed to be better but I really suck at playing them and I am not interested in playing another FO sorc using a lower resist wand; so, I am announcing the creation of "AToxicAvenger".
    I have hopes that when friends message needing help with the clone this guy might be just the character that will make the killing a little easier.
    If anyone has had experience trying this I would appreciate any advice you might have.
    Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

Crushing blow kickersin.

Goreriders (preferably upgraded), cb gloves, cb helm, bartuks, guardian angel, rhyme shield (or another thing with cbf).

Max dragon talon, fade and whatever else. Try to get talon to lvl 24 or 30. The bartuks offers a huge ar bonus (always nice). With max fade and GA you have a nice amount of DR and can max your resists easily.

This build is reasnably cheap and very effective.

3. Minz mlf

Minz mlf IncGamers Member

I duo'd him with another pala and we dropped him within 10-15 seconds.

4. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

im with rah.

my kickasin was doing about 16k average dmg per kick with 5 kicks at lvl 25 or so talon.

she also sported 100% crushing blow and max resists in hell. though i had her setup differently wielding duel jade talons for resists...

granted she died before i could ever run "uber" diablo but the only reason my kickasis died was player frickup so i feal 100% sure that any kickasin would rock his world in a matter of secconds.

crushing blow is like static, it ROCKS, pluss you do 16-18k average per kick and you kick 4-6 times in...what...5 or so secconds?

5. SonOfRah

mmm, I have a lvl 70ish kicker that I might redo. She even got a nice little ear from a more than willing druid who came in to scare of a fellow BtKers pker. Ahh the good old days of early ladder.

Though I'll have to reinstall......hmmm

Current gear is normal Gore riders, rhyme grim shield, dusk keep helm, darkglow ringmail, tuks and I can't even remember the rest.

Hell even an upgraded gore riders isn't needed. The kicks are fast enough to finish the talon in around 1-2 seconds, and little ias is needed to hit a 7/4 kick.

Banister, how'd you reach 16k kick dmg with talon though? Might merc +?? or was thata typo and you meant 1.6k?? :)

6. det

det IncGamers Member

Uhh...how do you do 16 k damage..sure would like that on my kicksin?

Suggested a Kicksin as a DC killer in an other thread, but nobody thought that idea was any good. :lol:

Anyhow..she just partied with some nice ppl (full party) and breezed up and past the Ancients. Being in a party with strangers however can be REALLY scary, as half of them are ranged and never care about boss mods or IM. I don't exactly like to melee while surrounded by ppl I don't know if I can trust.

Whenever I cornered a few stray monsters, I could kill them in a pretty safe way. 80% CB, some OW..but strangely only 500 damage per kick.

Good thing a friend was in the same game, but he didn't need to loot me, hehe

7. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Well, kicks can get pretty crazy damage, if you have good boots and *high strength*. Strength is the key. With Shadow Dancers and high strength (not sure off the top of my head, but around 200 or 220 with equip), my kicker does 2-3K on a *normal* kick... with three TS charges, her kick can do over 30K.

8. det

det IncGamers Member

Hm..I "only" have Gore Rider, not upgraded and str at 140, want to pump vit as much as possible in HC. Going more for CB than actual damage, LS and DS helping out. But that guy has crazy damage and 100% CB apparently (envy ;) )

9. Wolfedude

I appreciate the replies but guess I will have to rename the thread "what would you guys recommend instead of an Avenger". I don't play assassins very well either (although I do have a level 91 trapper on the ladder, #56 I think).

I really was curious as to whether an Avenger could take the role of Dclone killer. Anyone ever try this?

10. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I personally wouldn't go the Avenger route. 2-3k dmg with -150 resists sounds good on paper, but DClone blocks half of your attacks and his regen rate is through tha roof. You'd definitely be good to have around when teaming up on him, but I'm not so sure about being able to solo him easily. Zealots with a buttload of CB tend to have more luck, as when you hit 5 times within a second or so you have a much better chance of getting through his blocking before he can regen.

Hammerdins aren't necessarily the best route either. My friend has a really nice lvl 91 Hammerdin (not quite godly, but Enigma, Shako, HoZ, etc.) and he had to ask me to bring my Orb Sorc in to finish off the clone. I dunno, maybe he had no clue what he was doing....

11. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

My Crushing Blow Zealot solos Dclone quite easily.

12. Wolfedude

I am not so sure about that PhatTrumpet; I don't think you are gonna get blocked that much when you have lowered the clone's defense by 90%. As for regeneration I am think of wearing gear that has a prevent regeneration mod on it. I think the peace something ring has that as 1 of its mods. Put the scythe with 33% decrepify on it on your defiance merc and it just might be a viable build.
    Perhaps I will go ahead & build him & let you folks know how it turns out.

13. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Use a zealot with at least 75 res all in hell along with a static weapon such as schaffer's or stormlash or even crescent moon (as long as you swing 4 fps) along with laying of hands for demon damage, and he should go down (1 player game) within 2-3 minutes with minimal potion quaffing on your part. Just my experience

14. Mad Merlin

Mad Merlin IncGamers Member

I'd venture a guess that he had no idea what he was doing. When I was questing my Hammerdin through hell, DC popped and I killed him with my new hammerdin at only level 75ish. At level 94 now, he's doing over double the hammer damage that he did when he killed DC the first time, and he didn't have much trouble even then, nor did he need a PMH hit.

15. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Well seeing as defense has nothing to do with blocking, and Diablo has 50% chance to block regardless, I don't quite see your arguement. And Prevent Monster Heal only works at or above 50% health in my experience. Once you get him below half health he will regenerate like mad back up to half health unless you're dealing a lot of dmg very quickly. Bonehew or Blackthorn's on your Merc is the easiest way to get Prevent Monster Heal IMO, don't sacrifice your own ring slot if you don't have to.

Do let us know how it works out. I have my doubts, but I guess just about any build can be made to work.

16. SonOfRah

blocking has nothing to do with defence. defence has everythign to do with chance to hit, but not with blocking :)

Go an alternate route and play a smiter :) unblockable against DC afaik, and they can get to some scary smite speeds. Gogo alternate builds..

EDIT:
    Argh! Phat beat me to the punch :)