Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DClone on Sever .43

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by svata, Mar 17, 2004.

1. svata

svata IncGamers Member

DClone on Sever .43

it is 1:00 pm est
    DClone will spawn on Server .43
    Sojs are being sold here so get on this server and sell a few sojs.

to check what server your game is open to type NetStat in Run line of Start pull down in windows. If the pop up screen keeps disappearing hit properties button on that screen. This keeps it open for me. Then look for server number which are the last numbers before :4000. YOu are looking for xx.XXX.XXX.43:4000.

Below is a more detailed description of how to spawn dclone and tell what server you are on.

GOOD LUCK!

PS if you get a charm, by making it to server before Dclone spawns, post your results here.

Ok, I'm gonna post something here that some may not like but it's public knowledge and requires no 3rd party program or hacks but can and will produce clones. Here is how it works. I'm gonna explain this in terms that ALL views should understand. All 4 Relams run on a set of "servers". Each realm contains about 200 of these "servers". In saying that, each realm shares the same servers reguardless if it is a HC, Ladder, Non-Ladder game. This means this, If I'm playing a USEAST LADDER game on server xxx.xxx.234.4000 and I see the SOJ counter counting, then ALL games on that server, to include HC, and non-ladder games also will see the counter going. Now, we all know that 99.9% of all SOJs sold are non-ladder. This is why when you are in a ladder game and see the SOJ counter going, Diablo clone may spawn. So, the trick is to find out what the server # is of those that are selling SOJ's in a non-ladder game. Well, here is how.

1. Go to battle.net forums.
    2. Go to the "General Gamplay Discussion Forum" (this is where most of the game #'s are posted)
    3. Look for a posted title something like this, "Sell SOJ's on .143"
    4. To keep it simple we will say .143 is the server #. So now you need to find a game with that SAME server #. Here is how to find out what server the game you are currently in is.
    5.ALT-TAB out of your game and Click on Start (toolbar)
    6. Click on Run
    7. Type the following in the box: CMD
    8. A window will open with a blinking "_"
    9. Type: Netstat
    10. You will then get a set of numbers, usually 3-6.
    11. Look for the set of #'s that ends in .4000
    12. The 3 numbers BEFORE the .4000, represent the server number for the game you are in. For example, if the last 7 numbers are .143.4000 , then you are on the right server.
    13. If the number is not .143.4000 then you are not on the right server. You now have to leave the game you are in, create a new one, alt-tab out and repeat the process. It may seem like a lot of work but i'm now able to do it about 6 times a minute. It may take a while but you will eventually get it. I've done this over 20 times in the last 4 days and have got a charm EVERY TIME. As soon as you see a post on the forumn that someone is seling on a server, get to work and find that server. Then wait it out.

FACTS ABOUT DIABLO CLONE.

1. He can and will spawn in NM but will not drop a charm.
    2. Even if you allready have a charm in your inv, he will drop another. To view it simpley drop yours and pick up the new one to id it.
    3. In my 20+ times to fight the clone, it has taken 60-100 sojs being sold to make him spawn. Just becasue you join a random game and he spawns, dosn't mean that players wern't selling SOJs hours before.
    4. It can take up to 6 hours to get him to spawn if non-ladder players are not selling SOJs fast enough. Normaly it takes an hour or so to get the word out that MAss SOJ selling is happening on a certain server.
    5. If your Char isn't UBER, you will need help. Don't listen to those that have said "I killed the clone in about 30 seconds, I kicked his A$$." I've fought the clone SOLO and in groups, 90+ level charaters and he is HARD.
    6. The SOJ counter has started on an even number EVERYTIME. For example, if you enter a game and it says "2109 SOJs sold to Merchants" This means that 9 SOJ;s have been sold on that server, not 2109.

Well, good luck, I hope you get a chance at a Charm. With the mass dupe of Runes, expect to see the Value of Ann Charms go WAY UP.

2. JohnsonHoward

JohnsonHoward IncGamers Member

hey i just checked that sold sojs in server 133. and i am in that server... does that guarrantee that i will meet DC???

howie

3. Eric1285

Eric1285 IncGamers Member

Haven't been able to create a game on that server yet =(

4. AwesomeDude

AwesomeDude IncGamers Member

If the last digit is indeed how many sojs have been sold, how is it possible that literally thousands of sojs have been found on ladder thus far (if you added up all the last digits from different instances)? Wouldn't there be more in circulation if this were the case?

5. Privater

Privater IncGamers Member

And how can i create a game on a certain server ?
    And how do i know on what server my game is on ?

Thx in Advance

6. Frosin

Frosin IncGamers Member

it was all explained on the first post

7. Tanith

Tanith IncGamers Member

svata, can you confirm that in fact you have definitely seen DC spawn in NM? Because Dredd has done some extensive research into this, and he says not. Others say yes. I know I haven't seen him in NM, but I don't get a lot of time to play these days. Many of us would like to know for certain, I'll bet.

Tanith :lady:

8. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

99.9% of sojs sold are non-ladder. Soj sold is not ladder specific - only ip specific

9. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

tanith: dc spawns in NM. i've seen him. he just has a shiity chance of dropping anni, whereas hell has 100% chance to drop.

g

10. liquidicem

liquidicem IncGamers Member

This is not true, any semi-decent hammeradin can take down clone is around 1 minute I bet. My hammeradin did it last night in about 30 sec. It is very possible with the right build. But, if you have a weaker character you will definately need help. Fire and lightning resistance/absorb is extreamly important when fighting him if you cant kill him really quickly.

11. svata

svata IncGamers Member

Liquid:
    What is your hammerdin build, what it wear and what charms have?
    Thx, Svata

12. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

Heres my hammderdin build. I've fought him solo 3 times with him.

lvl 93

maxed hammers and synergies 1 pt into holy shield - lvl 11 with +skill items
    shako + p topaz
    wiz spike + ist
    Guardian angel - clean non upgraded
    arachnid mesh
    herald of zakurum (whatever the spelling is) - non-upgraded-p diamond
    30% war travs -non upgraded
    40% chance find gloves - non upgraded
    29% nagel
    raven frost
    +1 pally skills 10% faster cast rate magic ammy (wish it was +2 :grrr: )
    I suppose i could put some dwarf rings on me for more res/absorb

I keep some potions on me (super healings)
    You want to stay point blank range with him.
    Being at a range means you take FULL damage from his pink lightning hose
    and his snaking fire stream. Being point blank range with him allows you to take roughtly half damage from his fire stream attack and almost no damage from his pink lightning

My charms include 55 mana gc, gheeds gc, an annihlus (i mule the one i find since the one i have on him is near perfect), 2 vita charms 16, 18 2 sc mf both 6% and 1 res charm-only 1 8% to all and 24 life

Clone usually dies in 45 secs to 1 min 30 secs depending on how long my merc lasts and d clones general movement patterns since he can get antsy sometimes and just run around :grrr:

hope this helps..btw you could kill him faster if you used a hoto...but i'm too poor to have a hoto :hanky:

edit: actually come to think of it...i think i run away each time he uses his fire stream attack...its hurts even with 90% resists :(

13. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

No offense but I think any hammerdin should have a fairly decent time with him, considering its one of the most overpowered skills in the game. I'd call almost any hammerdin "uber" in that way. =)

If you have a lot of crushing blow, thats is your other chance. For instance, a paladin with Zeal and 100% crushing blow will making insanely short work of the D Clone as long as he has another source of damage along with the CB.

14. Djinni

Djinni IncGamers Member

Very informative post svata thanks! you rule :yep:

i knew most of the diablo spawning information before, the only part i was unsure on until now was finding out which server your game is on. I cannot describe the frustration of seeing the soj counter go throught he roof while you're leveling a new character in norm difficulty. In future i will be better prepared to hunt down my first anni charm :)

DC spawned for me just once, when 1.10 was still new & shiny, i was shopping for some forgettable item in act one. unfortunatley the only hell character i had at that point was my lvl 70 enchantress who would have been turned into a charred pile of ashes before he was even on my screen

There's just one slightly foggy issue left, in the post you cut&pasted it mentions checking the forums for 'sell sojs on .143' or similar named threads in which the word is spread.
    Well, i've been looking for this type of post for a couple of days now with no joy so far, is it worth my while keeping a tab on the forums or just wait until the soj counter starts ticking, then hit a hell game on that same server?

15. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Thanks for the information on the clone.

Using this "guide" info that you refered to I was able to make a private clone game Friday (Arizona) night (server 74). I had to wait almost 10 hours *Groans Loudly* but finally the clone appeared. I do have a hammer paly, from another guide. The Paladin is level 77 but has good enough gear; Wiz spike, vipermagi armor, blackhorn helm, harold shield, dwarfstar ring, risingsun amulet, and the like. It took me maybe 5 minutes to kill the clone using all the potions in my belt but I didn't die once. The charm is: 13 stats..14 resist..and 9% exp. not good I guess but I am glad to have gotten the thing, my first.

I have Lod on two computers and used the other computer to spam information about server 74 so.....If you saw my spam and got a charm
    you "owe" me :)

16. banditto1969

banditto1969 IncGamers Member

My hammerdin does 6K per hammer and couldn't put a dent in the clone... he probably heals 6K/sec (guessing really). I couldn't beat him, that is until I added poison charms and my merc had Blackhorn's Face with prevents monster heal. Then I easily killed him in less than a minute.

My lvl 80 barb with IK set dispatched the clone in a 2 person game in literally less than a minute going head to head with concentration.

So the trick is you can't let him heal.

17. RunningUppercut

RunningUppercut Banned

Beating D Clone is VERY Easy. You need 3 things to make it easy:

1)Crushing Blow (or Deadly Strike)/Prevent Monster Heal
    2)Thundergod's Vigor
    3)Maxed Resists

The maxed resists part is the hardest one to achieve for most people.

Here is the gear of my D Clone Hunter.

Level 92 Zealot "Holy_Flayer"

'08 Gaze
    Archon Chains of Honor
    Ber'd Stormlash
    260% Ethereal Zakarum Exile 30 Resists
    Laying of Hands
    Gore Riders
    Angelic Ring + Amulet
    Ravenfrost
    T-God's Vigor

Couple resist all charms in inventory to max out resists. That's it. All of this gear is specifically to destroy D Clone very quickly (around 30 seconds). I absorb his Light damage, and I get Lifetap from the Exile. Basically, I am immune to dying from him. I also have 500% damage to Demons along with 68% Crushing Blow. This may not be the cheapest way to kill D Clone, but it sure does it easily.

18. ToRuleEmAll

ToRuleEmAll IncGamers Member

I agree that with CB/DS, PMH and resists, it isn't hard to kill DC. Now, with that gear, it is VERY easy to do pretty much anything in this game.

19. Kdawg

Kdawg IncGamers Member

Do you think it'd be possible to replace the Ber w/ a LO in the stormlash, the exile with a Herald of Zak, and the Chains of honor with something else and still be effective?

20. Djinni

Djinni IncGamers Member

I found him using this method too yesterday

Used my conviction/vengeance pala to take him down, as it was my first ever meeting with him i was a little nervous but my items saved my butt & earned me a shiny annihilus :)

Blackhorns Face/Guillarms
    (i zealed on him with guillarms then switched to blackhorns afterwards because i couldnt seem to take him all the way down with crush/zeal he was healing too fast)
    Rising Sun
    Guardian Angel
    Tgods
    Laying Of Hands
    2XDwarfstar
    (had a raven in my stash for connot be frozen if his melee was a problem but it was fine without)
    Baranars
    (lightsabre in stash in case his lightning sucked too much, couldnt seem to hurt him with the lightsabre as quickly though)
    Waterwalks
    (because i thought with the rest of this gear that Goreriders would just be overkill!)

All in all took me about 3-4 minutes to chop him down, he did hurt me several times faster than red & blue potions could cope with but thats what the find potion skill on my barb is for :)

One observation I did make was though, is that when word spreads that a server is 'hot' and people start parking in games on that server waiting for him to walk, it seems that it is almost impossible to join that particular server. I imagine there is a cap on the number of games running on a server at one time.
    Also there seems to be some kind of DCbot that hunts the hot server out for you, constantly remaking games until you're on there, which makes me wonder if this clone hunting technique gets very popular & 1000's of people start running the DCbot, will it not just cause immense lag for the rest of the community?
    Especially so, as i imagine the hot server will fill up pretty fast with all the bots (& poor suckers who do it manually) competing for a place , making it impossible for anyone else to join that server & therefore having all these DCbots running for hours on end in vain. What are your thoughts on this, will it grind bnet to a stop eventually?