Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dclone killer

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Gremlin, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Gremlin

Gremlin Banned

Dclone killer

I wanna make a pala for the only purpose of killing the dclone.

But im not sure about the build.
    I think about a zealot with either fanatism or holy shock.
    Or maybe even an hammerdin.

But im not sure so i wanna know what u guys would recoment?

2. Neo_Cronos

Neo_Cronos IncGamers Member

Go with the Hammerdin. He can't resist the magic damage, like he can res anything else. With like 10k damage and good res you will kill him quick.

3. Raven-Hood

Raven-Hood IncGamers Member

I agree, a hammerdin would make the most sense. Easy to max resists on, high damage, and really boring.

Raven-Hood

4. Black_Hunter

Black_Hunter IncGamers Member

Cant be more boring than that damn Frozen Orb... 99% of all the sorc are using FO as there main skill since patch 1.03

5. Rodoom

Rodoom IncGamers Member

but... FO isnt boring...

hammerdins are.

6. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

I don't find my Hammerdin boring at all.

7. Trance757

Trance757 IncGamers Member

zealot + 50% or more crushing blow + prevent monster heal + life tap = dead Dclone. My kicker assassin can kill him in hell solo 1 players in 30 seconds, or 8 players SOLO in about 3 or 4 minutes. It's funny watching all the sorcs die all around you while Dclone can't even scratch your hitpoints.

8. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Smiter with Dracul's gloves, Crushing Blow, and res/absorb = Best Dclone killer I've found. The reason Smite is better than kickers or zealers is that it always hits and can't be blocked thus negating Dclones defenses.

9. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

Hmm I never thought of that man. I'vee been using my kick asn exclusively as my dclone killer because she attacks so damn fast. I usually average about 45 seconds in single player dclones.

Smiter is probobly a very good option for someone that is at the max BP for smite and has life tap - I don't have draculs, so I rely on life leech from my 'sin.

But anyways, all you really need to destroy dcolne fast is a lot of crushing blow. If you do happen to be rich... Well on my non-ladder kicksin I use a phase blade with 3 ber and 3 amn. That plus guillaumes face means every hit is crushing blow. For a smiter maybe 3 ber and then just other random mods.

anyways dclone is puss vs. cb and goes down fast even to my poverty striken ladder characters.

10. illa

illa IncGamers Member

I good Zealot can kill it in a matter of seconds. All you need is some nice res and HoZ.

11. Halbreed7250

Halbreed7250 IncGamers Member

i am in agreement with phyrexial, and have felt that way 9 DC's ago, but that was before i figured out the system.

smiter>any other char that is > DC by far, and another thing that is funnier than watching sorcs die is when people find DC and dun party up with you or tell u where he is (then you find them, go back to town, hostile, kill them all repeatedly while u work on diablo {since they keep dying u have that much time} and right before he dies u kill ALL OF THEM and then steal)

stupid azz people who dun party.... i wouldnt kill them if they would just party, then we'd all have a chance to grab, but no, its eye for an eye for me

12. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

Crushing blow doesn't stack.

13. Skitril

Skitril IncGamers Member

Ah, you're wrong there. CB stacks just fine, even in past patches it was like this and hasn't been changed.

14. Andy225

Andy225 IncGamers Member

SMITE OWNS HIM, i'm a zealot and I don't even have any points in smite except for prereqs... So its like lvl 11 smite... anyway it killed him so much faster then using zeal. Also deadly strike, crushing blow, open wounds is useful.

LvL 90 Zealot

My current setup is...
    Andys Visage
    Highlords Wrath (lvl 90 [33 deadly strike])
    Heavens Light 3+ skillz (Shael+Eth)
    HoZ (PDiamond)
    Guardian Angel (UM)
    Draculs Grasps
    String of Ears
    Gore Riders
    RavenFrost/Dwarf Star

With that setup my fire and cold resistances are low, something like 35 and 40. My lightning and poison are 90/95 though. I have to say that I owned him several times in games with more then one person and solo. Life tap really keeps me alive, although his attacks don't really hurt that much anyway (absorb fire 15%)..

1st time I beat dclone I used zeal... and my friend sat there using very high lvl meteor. It took like 3 minutes to kill the bastard.

2nd time I beat dclone I decided to mess around and just use Smite for fun. IT COMPLETELY WRECKED HIM, i'm not even a smiter... my smite damage is only like 1100-1500. I suggest being a smiter for the purpose of killing dclone.

Hammerdins are decent too, but I like the fact that I can leach.

15. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

At least I was told so when I told I wanted to try a WW-barb with upgraded ribcracker. The weapon (50%) + guillaume's face (35%) + goreriders (15%) = 100% CB. Does it make any sense? Only range two but five hits with 100% CB? Scary :).

16. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

wait a min here i have killed 2 DCs with my smiter and a lot more with my ice blast sorc. kill him with smite in like a min and a lot faster with orb iecblast and static then with the smiter, cast lvl3 LR and static him to 1/2 and orb, ice blast, ice blast, ice blast, 1.2k orb 7k ice blast = lot of dmg in 1 sec

17. weirdbeard

weirdbeard IncGamers Member

I'm no code hunter, but perhaps someone should look this up. Seesm like bliz would cap chance for cb somewhere b4 100%. like they did with elemental absorbs. so perhaps you're not getting the full 100, but more than just the 50 of your weapon
    my .02

18. Skitril

Skitril IncGamers Member

Crushing Blow stacks up to 95% chance. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

19. mes_uno

mes_uno IncGamers Member

Is crushing blow not like IAS with whirlwind? Anything off the weapon itself doesn't contribute or something?

20. Raven-Hood

Raven-Hood IncGamers Member

I think for the purposes of a d2clone killer... pali wise, hammerdiins have to be the better build. Sure smiters can't miss, but neither can blessed hammers... hello??? When you get 13kish damage hammers, it can't take more then 10 hammers to kill anything in the game.

Raven-Hood