Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dclone dilemna

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Hybrid, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Hybrid

Hybrid IncGamers Member

Dclone dilemna

About an hour ago, I was waking up, having my cup of coffee, and doing a few Baal runs. In the middle of doing the minions, much to my delight, the "SOJs sold to vendors" message appears. I finished off my run and set both computers in the game to park it. (Server 39, btw).

Within the space of about 20 minutes, I saw the counter go from 7,628 to 7,653. I'm thinking woo-hoo, my lucky day!! With 25 SOJs sold already, it won't be long. Plus, this is only the third time I've seen those messages appear and the first time I've had a private hell difficulty game going with a character that I think can handle Dclone.

Anyway, I set /FPS on both computers and set them up to run in place on the stairs, just to be sure I don't get dropped. I then went AFK and started the domestic chore routine.

A half hour later I check again, and the counter is still at 7,653. Not too encouraging. I'm thinking that:

1) This was an organized effort (25 SOJs in 20 minutes at first), and someone lost connection. The group may be waiting for them to re-enter the correct server before continuing. Or...

2) Someone randomly sold an SOJ, folks jumped on the bandwagon, and then after 25 the entire server ran out of SOJs. Or...

3) Someone sold a lot of SOJs in hopes that other people would follow suit, and after burning 25 no one else sold any.

Anyway, now I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to keep the game up. I've got plenty of chores to keep me busy, just curios what you folks think may have happened and if you think it's worth it to keep playing the waiting game.

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I would keep on waiting. You never know when more SoJs might be sold.

3. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I'd definately keep the game parked. If 25 have been sold, there's a good chance that it was a dedicated soj burn at least for a little while, and it will be a server that will be targetted soon enough, even if it isn't the current 'hot' server. If you don't know how to make your char run in place, I suggest you follow these directions. Go to act 2, where the stash is. Stand behind the wall that's behind fara (sp?). Click on the stash. You should end up running in place against the wall, the screen shaking. That'll help keep your character from becoming idle.

4. Hybrid

Hybrid IncGamers Member

Allrighty, thanks for the advice. I'll keep the game going and keep my fingers crossed while doing my chores !!

5. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

There hasn't been any activity on 39 for a long time, and it was only up 46. Most likely it's a miswalk you saw. You can keep parking if you like, but I don't think it'll walk any time soon.

6. Hybrid

Hybrid IncGamers Member

Ya, I finished my work around the house and checked back in about 3.5 hours later...counter was still stuck at 7,653, so I logged off.

Oh well, at least it made for a little excitement during the domestic chore routine.

Still it's strange that that many would be sold so quickly, only to stop cold after 25 sales.

7. Zalcitabine

Zalcitabine IncGamers Member

I would camp the game as well, at least if you don't have anything else to do.

There are various websites you can check to see if it's a hot ip.

Just make sure you don't kill Diablo in the same game will waiting for the Clone, or he won't show up.

8. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

Hard to tell, but I doubt it was a miswalk... Either way, with that many SoJs, it will walk soon... Perhaps not today, but most likely this week... Unless someone gets fruity, and decides to pop it for everyone...

*Requiem_Death

9. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

So, you claim that killing Diablo in the same game will block Dclone from showing?

Another item to the myth list :grin:

10. RequiemDeath

I was wondering about that too... I heard someone else here say that a few months ago...

*Requiem_Death

11. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

I know killing uber diablo in uber trist will not prevent dclone from appearing. I tested that myself, but I've never heard about the thing with killing normal diablo before.
    BTW, 39 walked today. There were way too many walks in the past two days...

12. kalvydas

kalvydas IncGamers Member

nice myth, but totally wrong. I ussually kill diablo, baal ,countess, andy, summoner waiting for dclone, and none of these kills prevented dclone from showing up

13. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I actually heard that spawning Dclone in place of normal Diablo will cause Dclone and several Diablo minions to spawn... I wanted to try this myself, but I'm too impatient to test it myself. Anyone confirm?

14. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

I don't think you could spawn the clone that way, because the usaul Diablo spawns after you kill the 3rd seal boss. I suppose you could try to align that kill with the last SoJ sold, but then you have to know exactly what # SoJ was going to pop the server.

15. RequiemDeath

Not really... Just spawn the last seal boss, and then don't kill him... It just becomes a waiting game after that... When DClone walks, go kill the seal boss, and DClone should pop out instead of Hell Diablo...

*Requiem_Death

16. Zalcitabine

Zalcitabine IncGamers Member

Nice myth, but wrong? Pleonasm, anyone? :thumbsup:

I am 100% certain that Dclone didn't spawn when the "Diablo walk the earth" message appeared in one game i had. Hell difficulty, of course.

I was leveling a poison necro, didn't know at first that the game was a soj-selling one. I started in act 4, killed normal Diablo for quest. the soj selling started in act 5 and the "walk the earth" message appeared when i was in the crystalline passage.

I tried to spawn him at rakanishu but he wasn't there...i tried at least 5-6 other super uniques and he wasn't there too.

Maybe it was because i did the diablo quest in that game, but i am 100% certain that the clone didn't show up that time.

I could have used that shiny anni.. :hanky:

17. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

Good call, I would have never thought to "spawn and run".

18. RequiemDeath

If you were not in town when the message appeared, like say the Bloody Foothills, or something of the like, then he is going to be where the Super Unique of that area is at...

I had one happen like that once... I was in Act 3, tooling around in the jungle and then I got the Diablo Walks the Earth message... I was expecting him, but was killing time... So, I portaled back to town, and went to Dark Wood in Act 1 as normal, and no DClone... Tried a few more places in Act 1, and nothing... I paniced, and then started thinking... I went back to Act 3, and checked the Arreat Summit site to see where all the Super Uniques where in Act 3... If I had to, I was going to spawn every single one until I got him... As it turned out, I was in Lower Kurast, so I went to the entrance of the area, and there he was in place of Stormtree!

*Requiem_Death

19. SmittySixTen

SmittySixTen IncGamers Member

While we're discussing this, I have a bit of a noob question. How exactly is it determined where DClone will spawn?

I stopped playing very shortly after 1.10 came out (and recently started playing again), so I never was around to learn how DClone actually works.

20. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

DC will spawn at the next superunique monster you encounter after you get the "walk" message.