Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DClone Bragging and Questions

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by cotton, May 4, 2005.

1. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

DClone Bragging and Questions

I got an anni,
    I got an anni :clap:

After waiting in game for 3 hours last night and surviving 2 realm downs but finding the game still up, I finally got the magic message "Diablo walks the Earth." My Frosty spawned him in Act II sewers and put a beat down on him in about 1 minute, so now I am the proud new owner of a new anni (not particularly good--14/15/6--but it's my first one, so I'm not complaining.)

Still, the experience left me with 2 questions.

First, there was no den of evil in this game, which was where I was planning to spawn him. There was a hole in the ground in the ground in act I Blood Moor, but it said "Cave Level 1" when I hovered over it and when I entered. There were no other holes on the map, and I searched it thuroughly. There was also "Cave Level 1" in the cold plains, or wherever it is supposed to be. Has this happened to anybody else?

Second, why do the "runners" sell their sojs in such an eratic fashion? I mean, it started with a trickle, then the counter went up very fast, then another trickle, then another blitz until he finally spawned. The counter went up 76 sojs before I got the rumble. If you were doing a run, wouldn't you sit there and sell until you a)ran out or b)spawned him? I don't understand how it started slowly, then got faster, then slowed, then sprinted. Any insights are appreciated.

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

i think when you finish the quest, it become a cave but im not sure.

im not sure about the second question since i never sold an soj. :lol:

3. Col.Kurtz

Col.Kurtz IncGamers Member

Well, when you complete the "Den of evil" quest, it becomes a cave.

Actually its logical because when you kill all the "evil" monsters in the den, it can't be "evil" anymore, if you understand what I mean ^^

As for your second question, I think it has something to do with diablo clone mIRC channels.
    People make "sell games" there. So everyone with (a lot) sojs joins that game and sell. (in that game ofcourse)

I think that, when you say sometimes it slowed down etc, it has something to do with people running out of sojs, and other people starting to sell. (Maybe someone that just came online, or joined that mIRC channel).

Cheers,

-
    *Col.Kurtz :scratch:

4. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

I guess I never noticed, because it's not really a place you go back to after doing the quest.

So given the choices (with a closed Den,) where would you all spawn him? Radament worked quite well, btw. The surrounding monsters have little life and aren't nearly as annoying when Radement isn't raising them every time you kill one, and big D is confined to a small space, which helps if your plan is to tank him and whack him to death. I also considered the superunique in the Catheral behind the Inner Cloister WP. I had killed all of the other superuniques in Act 1 except Andariel, Bloodraven, and the guy in the Crypt while waiting for Uber D to spawn.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that Corpsemourn could be in the "No Longer Evil Cave," but I don't know.

5. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

actually, they all make their own games on the same server and sell in it - or else they would only have one anni to show for it. the reason it's sporadic is when you start a game, it's assigned to a random server. so they have to keep making games until one is created on the designated server and they can sell their sojs

6. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

So... when it hits that correct random number mark.... all games on that server spawn Dclone?

Or only games in which a Soj has been sold?

As to the corpsefire thing - yes, he should still be in the "Hole level 1". I'm fairly certain, at least.

7. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

every hell lod game on the server spawns a clone. no need to sell your own if you're lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

8. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

Which I was. For 3 hours. I kept whispering "hurry up dudes! sellsellsell" to nobody.

9. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

yeah once you finish den, it becomes cave1 or hole1 or something and corpsey is still there so you can spawn him there. thats where i fight him.

10. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

He also spawns in classic games, but of course does not drop anything.

If you have a capable character, it's fun to spawn the clone in interesting places. I've gotten bored of spawning him as Rakinishu or Bishibosh, so I've moved on to monsters such as Pindleskin, Lord de Seis, and The Cow King. My very first battle with DC was in Tristram (public game, not my choice of location), which was pretty cool.

11. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Haha... that does sound pretty cool. Like taking the story one step further... Diablo comes back to tristram to finish the job!

As an interesting note - I've heard that if you can get Dclone to spawn as Diablo, he spaws Dclone and several Diablo minions. My god, the horror... anyone know if that's true or not?

12. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

We gonna do the boss of the flayer dungeon next, Oscuro? That could be challenging perhaps. Or how about Ancient Kaa the Soulless? I think those two would be fun places to fight DClone.

13. Azurewind

Azurewind IncGamers Member

i've heard that you can kill D clone easily by spawning him close to Skenk...then whack Skenk who somehow has the ability to kill everything within a radius of him...(there's some pig-super unique not far from the wp close to Skenk..very tempting :D )

i've never tried this tactic though, so i can't say it's legit yet

i've only had D clone spawn once on me....i was talking to my bro about D clone and how it all works while keeping an eye on the counter in my FIRST hell game (what a great way to start out :cool: )...he spawned in the cave in cold plains....not a good place to fight him...unfortunately, i was too weak to take him down :(

but spawning him in Trist would be fun :cool:

14. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I think it was one of my very first games on BNet where I saw the message, "Diablo Walks The Earth." I had no idea what was going on but I had a feeling my 7th level Bonemancer would do best to avoid him. Haven't seen him since. If you see people selling Soj's, is the best thing to do just to hang out until he spawns?

15. Gorny

Gorny Banned

what is a 7th level bonemancer doing in hell ?

16. Pherdnut

You have to be in Hell to see the message?

And it is possible to be in Hell at 7th level.

17. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Does DC spawn in SP games?

18. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Yes, you must be in Hell in order to see the Diablo Walks The Earth message, as he only spawns in Hell difficulty. You can see SoJ counter messages in any difficulty, though.

That would be a no.

19. Pherdnut

That's weird. Maybe I misremembered. Doesn't the screen shake for a second and it literally says, "Diablo Walks the Earth?"

20. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Sorry, my post was confusing, but it has been updated.