Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dclone appeared yesterday!

Discussion in 'Classic' started by fredsta54, May 15, 2005.

1. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

Dclone appeared yesterday!

I know this is insane, but yesterday on my barb, i joined a BvB game mostly full of paladins and sorcs with a few barbs and when i joined i knew somehting was up. THe screen was shaking for about 15 seconds! when it finally subdued the message "diablo walks the earth" appeared in the top left screen. I asked the other players in the game and they said they killed him already, and they were fooling around in the blood moor, nking each other, dueling etc. They said they killed him in the stony field at rankishu. I went to rankishu and there were signs that a large battle had been fought there, although no corpse of dclone (i was 2 late :( ) Apparently nothing dropped, although a few million experience was given, and i am friends with one of the other barbs in the game, and he told me what they said was true.

Dclone on classic...... sweet :yep:

Fred

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

ya.. Diablo Clone can spawn on classic since blizzard shares many servers. However, since classic does not support charms, there is no such thing as an anni on classic. The only benefit for fight dclone is the experience and the satisfaction.

3. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

I knew that he existed on classic, but I have never seen him. Though on x-pac diablo clone can drop rares, really good rares, might I add. It usually happens when the killing party allready has annilius' so I don't know if he can drop rares on classic, does any one else know?

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

diablo clone can not drop rares. he can only drop annihilus, and he does it every time. on classic he can not drop anything, since the charms does not exist on classic.
    On LoD: Annihilus, always.
    On Classic: Nothing, always.

5. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

seconded.

all those rumors about Dclone dropping rares and uniques are not true.

6. WNxZerker

WNxZerker IncGamers Member

according to ATMA's drop calculator uber diablo (or diablo clone) has the best chance to drop most uniques. I have fought him on expac and he dropped anni all four times and twice he dropped white items and potioins once.

Zerker

7. SwampBox

SwampBox IncGamers Member

where does he show up? like in random places?

8. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

If he really had the best chance to drop most uniques, then at some point during the 8 times I have fought him in LoD,and about 10 times here in classic, he would have dropped one. But in all those games, he has only ever dropped a single annihulus charm in LoD and squat nothing in classic. Maybe what u saw when he died was junk from dead carvers....

I've been in hi lvl run games and someone will swear their friend said he dropped this and that, and its always a friend, never themselves. And everyone in the game who has ever fought the dclone in classic and LoD screams: "Untrue!" and "Liar!".

9. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

WNxZerker: ATMA does not take in account that Dclone is a special monster that can only drop one item and that is an anni. Most likely, the white items and potions were from other monsters around him.

SwampBox: after "Diablo walks the earth" pops up in your game, the Dclone will spawn at the first super unique monster that you visit in the game.

10. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

I have killed the diablo clone in classic useast twice and I really felt cheated when NOTHING dropped. I used a hammeradin w/ a baba for BO.

11. Great_Evils

Great_Evils IncGamers Member

Diablo Clone was made for LoD. You should feel neglected, not cheated, lol.

12. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

as I said before, the only reason that dclone does not drop annis in classic is because classic does not support charms.

13. LagunaCid

LagunaCid IncGamers Member

Classic does, dude ;)
    When I was an Open BNet noobie, I used to play classic with an inventory full of imageless charms, and yea, it worked :p

14. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

open bnet --> hacked items (including hacked charms)

my post was refering to closed bnet which most people play on.

And I don't think that dclone can spawn on open since it's an entirely different server from closed bnet.

15. LagunaCid

LagunaCid IncGamers Member

Just saying that Classic does support charms ;)

16. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

officially, no. Classic does not support charms because Blizzard never intended to put them there.

By saying that it does, it means the exact same thing by saying for example the LoD supports hacked items, which obviously is not true. Charms on open bnet in classics are hacks and therefore are not supported by blizzard or the game because blizzard never intendend to put charms in classic.

17. magnet

magnet IncGamers Member

sadly, killing uber diablo won't net you any experience either. no drops, no xp. leaving just the satisfaction i guess...