DClaw Sin

lorenzo

Diabloii.Net Member
DClaw Sin

Thinking of making a new sin... tiger strike, dragon claw! :clap:

just had some questions on equipment...

would it be better to go for more skills or outright damage?
eg. shako over 120/45 helm...

and does anyone know how much damage ethereal bartuc's do?

cheers :thumbsup:
 

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
1 suggestion I will make right away. Ditch TS. It hardly boosts your Dclaw dmg. The %ed bonus from TS only aplies on the first hit with Dclaw , not on both. So if the first of the 2 hits connects ,the second hit just does normal Dclaw dmg.

Secondly , because Dclaw is faster per attack then TS is , just using Dclaw usually results in more dmg. This is even more true , because Dclaw has a bigger AR bonus then TS , which results in more hits AKA more dmg.

Third , don't use %ed / max jewels in anything but weapons. ed/max and ed/min jewels are bugged in armor / helmet / shield. If you have an ed/max jewel , the %ed part will only be applied on your min dmg , and the max dmg applied to the max dmg. The %ed should work for both min and max dmg , but that doesn't work. For ed/min jewels it's the other way around (%ed for max dmg , min dmg added to your min dmg).

As for the ethereal bartucs part. You can have exceptional and elite bartucs. And also ethereal ones. Here's the dmg for all possible combo's. I will only calculate 150 and 200% ed bonus. Otherwise it will take me forever to calculate every single %ed between.

Greater talon bartucs (non eth)
77-137
**-155

Greater talon bartucs (eth)
102-180
118-206

Runic talon bartucs (non eth)
85-160
97-182

Runic talon bartucs (eth)
115-190
133-248
 

lorenzo

Diabloii.Net Member
Lunatic said:
1 suggestion I will make right away. Ditch TS. It hardly boosts your Dclaw dmg. The %ed bonus from TS only aplies on the first hit with Dclaw , not on both. So if the first of the 2 hits connects ,the second hit just does normal Dclaw dmg.

Secondly , because Dclaw is faster per attack then TS is , just using Dclaw usually results in more dmg. This is even more true , because Dclaw has a bigger AR bonus then TS , which results in more hits AKA more dmg.

Third , don't use %ed / max jewels in anything but weapons. ed/max and ed/min jewels are bugged in armor / helmet / shield. If you have an ed/max jewel , the %ed part will only be applied on your min dmg , and the max dmg applied to the max dmg. The %ed should work for both min and max dmg , but that doesn't work. For ed/min jewels it's the other way around (%ed for max dmg , min dmg added to your min dmg).

As for the ethereal bartucs part. You can have exceptional and elite bartucs. And also ethereal ones. Here's the dmg for all possible combo's. I will only calculate 150 and 200% ed bonus. Otherwise it will take me forever to calculate every single %ed between.

Greater talon bartucs (non eth)
77-137
**-155

Greater talon bartucs (eth)
102-180
118-206

Runic talon bartucs (non eth)
85-160
97-182

Runic talon bartucs (eth)
115-190
133-248

sweet... thx alot for the info lunatic... are dclaws still uniterruptable like they were in 1.09?? or where they never uniterupptable :p~ :thumbsup:
 

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
lorenzo said:
sweet... thx alot for the info lunatic... are dclaws still uniterruptable like they were in 1.09?? or where they never uniterupptable :p~ :thumbsup:
DC and the 3 elemental charge-ups were uninteruptable in 1.09. In 1.1 they aren't (gogo blizz for "fixing" it AKA working as intended).
 

lorenzo

Diabloii.Net Member
Lunatic said:
DC and the 3 elemental charge-ups were uninteruptable in 1.09. In 1.1 they aren't (gogo blizz for "fixing" it AKA working as intended).
hrmmmm... dclaw doesnt seem so appealing to me anymore
first.. i thought charge up applies to both claws when u attacks (it says so in the description of it :rolleyes: ) then in not uniterruptable when i had a strong feeling it was... gee blizz really fixed it alrite

hrmmm.... maybe i should just make a tiger strike/venom sin with eth bartucs and storm shield... muahahahah... might remind me of gold old 1.09 days

anyways... thx for infor lunatic ur a great help :D
 

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
lorenzo said:
hrmmmm... dclaw doesnt seem so appealing to me anymore
first.. i thought charge up applies to both claws when u attacks (it says so in the description of it :rolleyes: ) then in not uniterruptable when i had a strong feeling it was... gee blizz really fixed it alrite

hrmmm.... maybe i should just make a tiger strike/venom sin with eth bartucs and storm shield... muahahahah... might remind me of gold old 1.09 days

anyways... thx for infor lunatic ur a great help :D
Well the good gold TS MA sin , or TS hybrid builds don't really work all that good either. They nerved leech bigtime for pvp. And LL was 1 of the biggest factors why MA and hybrid sins could kill alot. Because of their massive dmg with 3 TS charges they leeched all life back. That's gone in 1.1.
 

lorenzo

Diabloii.Net Member
Lunatic said:
Well the good gold TS MA sin , or TS hybrid builds don't really work all that good either. They nerved leech bigtime for pvp. And LL was 1 of the biggest factors why MA and hybrid sins could kill alot. Because of their massive dmg with 3 TS charges they leeched all life back. That's gone in 1.1.
hrmmm... i knew that they nefred life leech... but how bout the leech you get from cobra strike... would that still work?

the build i was thinking about using would be MA/TRAP hybrid... probably getting a couple of the synergies of LS filled up... meh... even if it doesn't work out too well i guess it's always fun to play a ma sin anyway... hehe :clap:
 

Naliworld

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, Blizzard put into place a global leech penalty, so even CS is affected. While you don't automatically get full life using CS in 1.10, it's still a decent help for a melee Assassin, especially with a few +skills thrown in.
 

lorenzo

Diabloii.Net Member
Naliworld said:
Well, Blizzard put into place a global leech penalty, so even CS is affected. While you don't automatically get full life using CS in 1.10, it's still a decent help for a melee Assassin, especially with a few +skills thrown in.
meh... blizzard killed all the fun in ma sin's didn't they :mad:

ahwell... i guess i better stick with PvM with my MA sin then :thumbsup:

cheers nali
 
Top