DC Walks msg

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
DC Walks msg

So I enter this Hell game and see the message. I immediately think I've lucked out and finally spawned the bastard, but then people already in the game say it happened a little while ago, and the last msg they saw was some high lvl barb being slain by a carver.


So anyway, me and Lumberg (who was in the game before I) and a couple other people scan every area that could possibly contain carvers with no luck. Eventually we just assumed that DC spawned during the baal run (this was an old baal run game) and the party had made short work of him. Is this the case, that the "Diablo walks the earth" msg just stays forever in a game where he spawns even after he's dead? Doesn't seem like very good planning to me.
 

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
PhatTrumpet said:
Is this the case, that the "Diablo walks the earth" msg just stays forever in a game where he spawns even after he's dead? Doesn't seem like very good planning to me.
Yes this is the case, and yes it is annoying from time to time =(
 

doubleOObubble

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah... Your "only" chance of finding him walking still would be if it's an "boost me act1-5" game. And even in those games, there is little time before anyone go gets their killer...

I think they should do something about that.
 

Cleglaw_Himself

Diabloii.Net Member
After he dies, it should say something like: Diablo no longer walks the Earth...

Its caught me out before also.

Barbs being slain by carvers doesn't sound too good though...
 

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
You mean the message that he walks the earth remains for the duration of the game, and is seen by people who enter the game even if he's already been slain? That's kind of stupid. If he's already dead, anybody entering the game shouldn't see the message at all IMO. I assumed it was like any chat message.
 

HR-Tecira

Diabloii.Net Member
After he spawns the message will be seen anytime someone new enters the game. I see that all the time when I bring in a mule to pick up an annihilus after the clone is dead. Or when I respond to a clone buster call a bit too late and arrive in the game to find my fellow busters have slain the clone already.
 

Angel_of_Wrath

Diabloii.Net Member
Mostly related to the same topic, I saw the SoJ counter going crazy yesterday; it went off about 20 times in the short time I ran Pit/Rof in a solo game. I wanted to stick around cause it just felt like Diablo was putting on his walking shoes, but I had to go. I tried to keep the game active by keeping the right mouse button depressed in town.
I came back a couple hours later and the game was no longer there. Its sad, cause I havent seen DClone yet first hand.

Connection Interrupts aside... does anyone have any tips to keep the game open in this type of scenario? Should the hold mouse button trick work?
 

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Angel_of_Wrath said:
Connection Interrupts aside... does anyone have any tips to keep the game open in this type of scenario? Should the hold mouse button trick work?
I've had mules stay in a game all night using the mouse button trick, so I suppose it's your best bet.
 

whoya5555

Diabloii.Net Member
HR-Tecira said:
Yes the mouse button trick works well. It works best if you have a town castable skill on it.
Probably a dumb question regarding the "hold mouse button trick" - how, exactly, do you keep the mouse button depressed for hours? Lay the corner of a book on it? :scratch:
 

Angel_of_Wrath

Diabloii.Net Member
whoya5555 said:
Probably a dumb question regarding the "hold mouse button trick" - how, exactly, do you keep the mouse button depressed for hours? Lay the corner of a book on it? :scratch:
Yah, I just put the corner of an empty mug on it, leans against the side of the keyboard tray.
Damn BNet and its infernal disconnects. :grrr:
 

Squatdog

Diabloii.Net Member
I heard that using the /fps command keeps the game open indefinately. Does anyone know if this is true?
 

Flyte

Diabloii.Net Member
Squatdog said:
I heard that using the /fps command keeps the game open indefinately. Does anyone know if this is true?
It works as long as you've been "active" in the game. When I burn my mules in, I just walk out into the Blood Moor and whack things for a few minutes. I go back to town, and type "/fps" and let it run its course.

Of course, this would be better done if your mule is currently empty; don't want to lose that Shako or SS because you died to a Fallen in the Blood Moor, now do you? ;)
 

halflife78

Diabloii.Net Member
Ever got hung up on the door going to the pit from the outer cloister WP, the first door you open? Just clear that area and get yourself hung up on that door and the game will stay open all night:)
 

LuckyDwarf

Diabloii.Net Member
Flyte said:
Of course, this would be better done if your mule is currently empty; don't want to lose that Shako or SS because you died to a Fallen in the Blood Moor, now do you? ;)
I would lose my sanity if I died to a Fallen at all, normal or hell. I think that is really the bottom of the barrel.. o_O If you can die to a fallen you should not have an SS or a Snarko. ;)

Lucky
 

Spero

Diabloii.Net Member
LuckyDwarf said:
I would lose my sanity if I died to a Fallen at all, normal or hell. I think that is really the bottom of the barrel.. o_O If you can die to a fallen you should not have an SS or a Snarko. ;)

Lucky
I agree, especially lying unused on a mule.

OT. Hi Jason!
 

kurg

Diabloii.Net Member
The best success I've had at staying in the game for long periods of unattendence is to just open my stash and leave it up.
 

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
Burning mules in;
Don't bother...if the stuff's good you'll eventually hit 2 hours refreshing it once every 10 days. If not then why were you saving it?
Camping DC, tape down the right click button on a skill castable in town;
Sorc - ES
Sin - BoS
Pal - Holy Shield
Zon - Valk
Necro - BA
Druid - Oak
Barb - They don't deserve an anni anyways -.-

It keeps you active while in town, so NO chance of a fallen sneaking up on you, and no going through the trouble of hanging yourself on a door somewhere. Natural mana regen is plenty to keep the spell casting going often enough to not time out.
 
Top