Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DC spawned in my game, but where is he?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Atomium, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

DC spawned in my game, but where is he?

Diablo walked to the earth in my game, but I cannot find him!!!

I was waiting in Harrogath. Then DC spawned. I have checked the Frigid Highland wp, but he is not there.

Do you have any idea? Please tell me. I have waited so long for this moment...

2. Wail of the Banshee

Wail of the Banshee IncGamers Member

Go to the nearest super unique monster, D.clone is bound to be there.

3. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

I have already killed Shenk and his little colleague up the stairs, Meph, and Pindleskin. Is that why I cannot find DC. Where could he be?

4. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Probably pindle if you were in town, or shenk.

5. Dev

Dev IncGamers Member

Silly Question, but was this a new game or did you join someone elses game (if you joined someone elses game, and even if diablo was already killed, you will still get the graphics and note saying Diablo walks the earth).

He will otherwise be the 1st superunque that is STILL Alive (not one that you killed) go to act 1 and go to Stoney Field. Look For Rakashunu (SP) he should be their INSTEAD of Rakashunu.

Good LUck on the kill, make sure u use a open wounds weapon.

6. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

It was my own passworded game. While waiting for DC, I had killed Meph, Shenk, Pindle, and I did the Pit.

Now, I have just checked on Andy, Frozenstein, Rakanishu. They are all there. I really don't know what I can do now. To say the least, I am quite disappointed. Actually no, I am disgusted.

But thanks for your advices anyway.

7. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

Ok, if someone wants to take his chance, I am on Europe, NL. Game DFRG // QDT.

8. Dev

Dev IncGamers Member

My only suggestion is to backtract and go to all areas that you have visited (sometimes another superunique may spawn near a new one (maybe in fridgid highlands behind Eldritch, or maybe he spawned in Durance 2 or 3 (if you just went straight to Mephisto, maybe he spawned as one of the council members in Durance 3 or a Unique inDurance 2, certainly worth a look as I am not sure if he spawns on the 1st superunique seen in the game that has not already been killed or as the 1st superunique seen after he spawns, Go into Nikalitic temple and check the 1st level as well if he is not in durance (don't activate wp). Don't give up, hes gotta be their somewhere.

9. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

Ok, to end this post, this is the situation:
    A few people joined me and we searched almost all the places where he could have been. He showed up nowhere.
    I finally gave up, and I don't intend ever again to waste my time trying to get that bastard.
    I don't know why he was not to be found. But I thank the people who gave advices and helped me to search my game.

10. Dewey

Dewey IncGamers Member

I can say that I relate to the experience...It happened to me...I waited 6 hours for the DC...when he finally came...I went to Unique in Den...No...then Thresocket...No...Couldn't find him...I had killed all the others

11. Ezakimak

Ezakimak IncGamers Member

This might be a silly question but were these Hell games? I'm not sure if the "Diablo walks the earth" message will appear in NM games, but I do know that he won't spawn in NM games. You may get the messagge but he may not spawn.

I'm not sure when you got the message, but he may also have spawned as boneash in the baracks. Or if you walked out of town in a5 as opposed to using the wp, he may have spawned as that imp dude (forgot his name). In any case he should spawn as the first super unique monster that you come upon. Note the part of super unique, which means it has to be one of the monsters that are ALWAYS there, corpsefire in the den, treehead in the darkwood, rakinashu by the stones, bishbosh coldplains?, countess in the tower, boneash in the barracks.....you get the idea if you want a full list check out a bestiary.

Hope this helps you somewhat if you happen to find him again. I myself have been lucky to find him a few times and get the charm. Things that help with killing him though are Max resist and a decent amount of life. I'm not sure about other chars but my Mace barb did pretty good on him using zerk, the lower def doesn't matter as he doesn't really swing at you much, just casts spells. Good luck.

12. retrovamp

retrovamp IncGamers Member

Dclone can spawn in nightmare and normal games. However he cannot drop the unique small charm.

13. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

I never found DC. I got the help of several people, we searched almost all the place: no news from him anywhere. I eventually quit looking and finally went to bed.

But I have received a message from someone telling me he found DC at 1st wp, Act 5. He managed to kill DC with some help of other players and got the anni.

This is really weird, because I went there at least 5 times after he was supposed to spawn. I swear there was nobody there. I even did half the bloodrun from Shenk to Eldritch and then I ran from 1st wp to the 2nd wp. Only saw the usual crowd, and yes, it was in Hell.

I suppose the problem was linked to my char.

I am somewhat disappointed by this, but at least my time was not wasted for everyone, and it is a consolation that someone got an annihilus.

I suppose I wont ever get one, since all my efforts have been in vain (15 boring hours wasted this week). My frustration after this last misadventure is so huge that I have decided to give up trying.

I don't write this to complain, but to let you share my experience. It is interesting to know that sometimes, there can be a problem with DC spawning. Nobody seem to have been able to locate DC until I quit the game. Perhaps I should have try to come back with another char. (Dredd, please take notice of this, for your FAQ)

14. ButterFace

ButterFace IncGamers Member

I've killed dclone about 10 times and I never had problems finding him, he always spawned as rakanishu. But, I never played 6 hours trying to find him. This is what you can do to try and get your first anny. First you can try and take advantage of the ip exploit were you create a game, ctrl+alt to the desk top open up a command prompt and type in netstat -n and hit enter. It will give you a list of ip address and the one ending in .4000 is the one for your game. If u take the numbers that come right before the .4000 that is the ip for your game. example 192.67.87.4000 so in this case your games ip is .87. Now for how to know which ip game you need to get in to in order to have a chance for dclone to spawn you can go to several different forums the one i use is d2forum.com. go to the forum for the what ever realm you play on, In your case europe. Then you can check out the posts and see which ip's people are selling soj's in. find one that you like and keep making games over and over until you luck out and get the right ip for that game. Remember you will have to type netstat -n into the command prompt after every game you make to check the ip. Ok, now say you found an active game but you don't want to hang around until dclone spawns. This is what i do and its very effective. To keep the game open and be able to do other things on your computer at the same time here is what you should do. Take the outer cloister wp in act 1. Kill everything in the area first so that nothing is there that can kill you. Ok now you will just simply walk towards the door that leads out of the cloister. the bottom left door. Stand to the right of the door about even with the candles you can see on the other side of the wall. Then just click at the bottom right corner of the door and your character will begin running in place. Then your all done, you can ctrl+alt to your desktop and your game will stay open as long as your connection to the internet does. Then you can just check every once and a while to see the soj selling progress by hitting the message log button. This has worked well for me and like i said ive fought him ten times so far. Dont give up because that golden, mephisto soulstone looking, little charm looks really nice in ones inventory.

Sorry so long:)

15. Unholy_Carnage

Unholy_Carnage IncGamers Member

I was having a lunch meeting with eldritch and shenk when the message showed up a minute ago. I used a level 10 smite and killed him in about 2 minutes....and people thought he was strong :X. Ive never had problems finding him...so i dunno, hes probaley around there somewhere.