Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DC question, urgent, help

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Bengalfang, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Bengalfang

Bengalfang IncGamers Member

DC question, urgent, help

I don't know where to ask this and it's urgent. I got the DC in my game last night, but I didn't try and spawn him until this morning (took shifts with friend and was sleeping) But he isn't spawning!!! But when I enter the game it says "Diablo Walks the Earth" and shakes..... But every unique I go to is just a regular monster.....

HELP!! I am still in the game.

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

you never gave us the game name or realm. i would be more than happy to try my hand at it on east ladder/nonladder.

3. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Then your friend already spawned him. Or someone else who knew the name//password.

When a game gets a Diablo Clone, it DOES start shaking and stuff when you enter the game. DClone will spawn as the first unique you come close enough by to spawn. You already knew this obviously.

What you didn't know is that when the game stays open, the game will still shake and go black when you enter, even when DClone has already been spawned. It will even do so when DClone has already been killed too.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i believe he only appears in hell games, but you can get the message in nm/norm.

also, he takes the place of a superunique boss, not any unique (like baal.) there is roughly 1 superunique per map. you can tell if it is a superunique because it appears in every single spawning of that map, sometimes in the same place, sometimes in others.

5. WitchCoven

WitchCoven IncGamers Member

My friend was telling me today that he had a world event in a game the other day on ladder while playing his MF assassin. He brought in a mule with his second computer to hold the game, while he jumped out with his assassin and came back in with his hammerdin to kill the DC. He did not spawn the DC before the assassin left (which was the only char in the game when the event triggered). When he came back in with the hammerdin, he could not spawn the DC anywhere. He tried all the usual hotspots that we have used in numerous other games in the past. He even thought that perhaps his assassin was close enough to a super unique when the event occurred to spawn DC there, so he went back to where ever his assassin was playing, but no DC anywhere on the map. He even brought his assassin back in again and tried to find a few more uniques, but still no DC.

We have come to the conclusion that he should have spawned the DC somewhere first with his assassin, then jumped out and back in with his hammerdin. Our theory is that only the original character(s) can spawn DC in the game.

Unless one of you guys know of something else that could have happened?

WitchCoven

6. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Few questions;

- Was it a passworded game? If not someone could have entered and killed the DClone before you switched chars. This would make the other guy extremely lucky I guess ...

- Which monsters did you try? Only SuperUniques qualify for spawning DClone. Some of these are;

- Bibibosh (act1 Cold Plains)
    - Rakanishu (act1 Stony Field)
    - Bloodraven (act1 Burial Grounds)
    - Griswold (act1 Tristram)
    - Countess (act1 Tower level 3)

- Bloodwitch the Wild (act2 Halls of the Dead)
    - Coldworm the Burrower (act2 Maggot Lair level 3)
    - Dark Elder (act2 Lost City)
    - Fire Eye (act2 Palace Cellar level 3)
    - The Summoner (act2 Arcane Sanqtuary)

- Sarina the Battlemaid (act3 Ruined Temple)
    - Sszark the Burning (act3 Spider Cavern)
    - Stormtree (act3 Lower Kurast)

- Izual (act4 Plains of Despair)
    - Hephasto the Armourer (act4 River of Flame)

- Shenk the Overseeer (act5 Bloody Foothills)
    - Eldritch the Rectifier (act5 Frigid Highlands)
    - Frozenstein (act5 Frozen River)
    - Pindleskin (act5 Nihlathak's Temple)

These are all I can think of right now. They are good for MF runs too, except some that are not easilly found and just take too long. You should have encountered these at least when you did the quests like you're supposed to :) Like everyone is questing anymore ;)

7. WitchCoven

WitchCoven IncGamers Member

He didn't expressly say that it was passworded, but we have a system, and I know that when he is magic finding, I know that he always uses a password. Besides, it would only take him 30 seconds max to swap out characters and his other char (the mule) would have had a record in the message screen of someone joining.

Typically we use either Rakanishu in the Stony Field or Eldritch/Shenk in the Frigid Highlands. But as I said, he tried several other areas, including the area he was in with his Assassin when the event triggered (he didn't tell me where, but he typically runs either the Pit, Andy, Meph, or Pindle / Eldritch / Shenk... you know, the typical MF areas).

Like I said, we don't quite understand it, but just to be safe, from now on, we plan on spawning him before the original char(s) leave the game if we ever need to swap chars out.

WitchCoven