Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DC hunting.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by xuchenxixu, Nov 15, 2006.

1. xuchenxixu

xuchenxixu IncGamers Member

DC hunting.

how fast or how slow are you allowed to create a game and not get temp baned

Thxx

2. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

4-5 in 2 minutes or something

3. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Personally I think it depends what you're doing in game. If you make a game then immediately to a lot of teleporting, kill a boss fast the immediately make another game, you're more likely to get a temp IP ban.

4. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

If you drop any items, you automatically get temp ban. BNet is making sure you aren't xfering...

That man in the BNet room is looking for you...
    If you manage to find a game with the right IP, or you drop a valueble item, you get auto-Temp-banned.

5. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

xuchenxixu, I usually count 20 seconds before leaving a game, and 20 seconds before making a new game... So far, that method has worked well for me while DClone hunting...

*Requiem_Death

6. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

I thought it was one game / minute. That's what I always went by.

7. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

I wait 10-15 seconds between each game. Usually, when I exit a game, I browse the forums a bit, then resume D2.

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

When I'm entering existing games, e.g. when muling, I ensure that I stay in the game for 15 seconds, to avoid a bnet temp ban. When switching between different games (creating or just entering them), I type name and password, then I wait 5 seconds, to avoid a "failed to join game" error.

You might get temp-banned from bnet as well when you create more than one game per ~3 minutes over a longer period of time, e.g. when doing Meph runs. I normally add an Andy run to prevent that. When doing Eldritch+Pindle runs with my sorc, I also visit the Tunnels.

9. DarkElmo

DarkElmo IncGamers Member

those methods work based on connection speed - the faster your connection : the longer you need to be in game (BN runs at T3 connection) you can run DC games a better way - get 8 ppl you trust and know : Make priv games. Run for awile - exit remake : 8games*30Min.=240Games (chance to find DC game 1/200) My ratio may be off - but thats what i remeber reading.

10. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

That sounds fine and all, but think about the numbers there... Not in the calculations, but with the whole 8 friends thing... Can you personally think of 8 people on B.net that you trust? I can only come up with 2 personally, and I know them for real... Does anyone here have 8 trusted friends on B.net?

Beyond that, I'd say that it depends on how camped the IP is... If you can't get on the right one inside of 30 minutes to an hour, give it up... That IP is full of games, and unless someone drops, and you happen to be the lucky one to make the game and get that IP before everyone else, you are S.O.L.

Speaking of luck, I'd be stocking up on all the good luck, good fortune, and good Karma you can... You'll need it for DClone hunting... lol

But, for real... If you have 8 trusted B.net friends, then you are more wealthy than all of us here put together...

*Requiem_Death

11. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

Making a game then just typing two random text lines in the game, helps you from getting a temp ban, ey? I have read it somewhere, but never really tested it since I never DC hunt.

12. Qotsa

Qotsa IncGamers Member

I usually wait about 10 seconds between joining/leaving games and every 10 games i switch chars. I havent had a temp ban since using this method, and that's like making 60+ games in 20 mins.