Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dawn of the Dead *Possible spoilers*

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Steve_Kow, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Dawn of the Dead *Possible spoilers*

There may be spoilers below...

If you were trapped in the mall with the group, what would you have done differently?

I think my strategy would have been to wait the zombies out, they certainly aren't reproducing (other than finding new humans) and I think they might be vulnerable to decomposition. The number 1 priority would be to establish some kind of contact with Andy (the gun store owner) he has access to quite a bit of firepower, which you don't have alot of, and he's short on food, which you have an abundance of.

I would take two or three full propane tanks, coat them in wax (there's probably a store that sells candles in the mall) and them cover the wax with bbs from the sporting goods store. If there aren't any bbs, then I'd cut up pieces of nails from the hardware store. I'd have the ex-marine dude throw the bottle into the crowd of zombies and have Andy snipe it. (I don't think this would blow out the doors because most of the blast would be absorbed by the zombies and the marine was huge...he could throw that thing a good distance) to be on the safe side though, I'd build an interior barricade to stop the zombies in the event you blow out the glass doors.

I'd have the shuttle bus (the one with the plow) loaded up with food and supplies, and as soon as the bombs went off and thinned out the crowd we'd make a mad dash towards Andy's store. I would have 5 people armed with chainsaws (two on each side, and one in the back) to prevent the zombies from tipping the bus, and a gun-man up front in addition to the driver.

When we got to Andy's we would (as quickly as possible) offload the food and other supplies into Andy's and take on 4 or 5 rifles and ammo, and several shotguns. The ex-marine cop guy would stay with Andy. The two of them would run up to the roof where Andy would have two 50 cal rifles set up and they would snipe at the zombies to cover our retreat by to the mall.

We would then have two expert marksmen who would be able to kill ALOT of zombies. Then its just a matter of time...

2. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

There were a 1000 different variations that could have happened, each with their own set of criticisms about it.

Personally, considering I'm buying into the fact that zombies actually DO exist for this movie to go, then I'm buying into the fact that they were better than average marksmen. Plus... there were several misses to go along with the hits as they were firing off shots as well as the fact that they were using shotguns which don't require nearly as much accuracy.

Either way, one can analyze the movie to death and find a reason to hate it because it wasn't done "right" in some way, shape, or form.

For myself, I think that it's one of the best horror/monster/zombie movies done in a long, long time.

Some Some loved it, some liked it, some thought it was ok, and some hated it. Seems to be the way of most movies from what I can tell.

3. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

I wouldn't have left the mall. I would have lived out the rest of my years in bliss with all the baubles a mall can give.

4. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

I would have gotten busy with the red head and the blonde then formulate a plan to get out alive.

5. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

I would have sat in a corner and cry like a baby.

6. th5418

th5418 Banned

Same here. I mean come on, flesh eating zombies are out to get my brain. Oh wait, what brain?